Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
A bit surprised to see a 1st coming back so nice return. Likely end up being another late 1st for Hughes to use in another possible Newhook like trade before or during the draft.

I love the reactions on the mainboard with the replies saying well it's a late 1st so it's basically a 2nd rounder. If that makes these posters feel a bit better then good for them but no it's still a 1st rounder.

Such great asset management from Hughes regarding Monahan. Good luck Sean.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
What I like about Winnipeg is Monahan likes Montreal. He's a loyal guy. And he might prefer the city of Montreal to Winnipeg.
Ya. I dont think they'll be able to woo him to stay there. Other contending teams will try and have better appeal but i think that bumps up our chance of resigning him

Reactions: 26Mats

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
So far more pages on here, than the main boards. I was over there dunking for a bit.

Anyone else have to close their door at work?

anchorman-boner.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So Jets sitting at the top will likely be drafting bottom 10. So late 1st round and someone who will never play in the NHL. Good job, Kent! You da man! Glad we cleaned house for that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So Jets sitting at the top will likely be drafting bottom 10. So late 1st round and someone who will never play in the NHL. Good job, Kent! You da man! Glad we cleaned house for that.
Or he'll trade the 1st in a package for a young player like Newhook or Dach.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Nope, but would have loved one of their prospects even if it means parting out some of ours
even if said team has no desire to trade them and ask for the moon in return....this is a damn good return but whatever lmao

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Jets are winning the cup?
They might. Useless asset, but hey, it was free after all, so it's not bad at all.

I just don't see the appeal of a 25+ OA in 2024 for this team as a building block, I guess used as a currency again as a Newhook deal.
Lindholm's value >>>>>>> Monahan's value

Yes, but not that much.
Monahan is outproducing him this year, and he's paid 3 millions less, that in itself, is incredibly valuable.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Happy with the first. Ideally, I was hoping to get a good prospect, but taht wasnt going to happen. Hopefully this asset can be converted to fill a need.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Ad

Ad