Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
We've been in a rebuild forever. People are always complaining about the last regime but as the time passes management gets worst and worst. Fans were also complaining about the regime before Bergevin when he was hired. I'm not saying he was good but Hughes hasn't proven he is any better.

We are not closer to having a championship caliber team. We aren't even close to have an impact player on this team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Anyone who expected us to get a top prospect for Monahan was delusional. Anyone who expected us to not get a 1st for Monahan doesn't follow the NHL and is probably a very casual fan. I'm happy the 1st is not condition. I would have liked the condition on the 3rd to be less brutal. Overall getting two first round picks and a bunch of conditional 3rd and 4th round picks for taking Monahan's contract is an awesome return.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Overall this just further highlights how great our new management team is at managing assets (including cap space).

2x 1st rd picks by leveraging cap space at a time that the roster is saddled with 30+M$ in terrible contracts signed by BargainBin is nothing short of genius asset management.

For the trade itself... i'm frankly a bit disappointed that the conditional pick isn't a bit more in our favour. Monahan greatly improves the odds of the Jets getting out of their division and reaching the WCF (both by his addition, and by keeping him away from the Stars, Blues and Avs - Avs in particular who arguably could have benefited even more from his fit).

If they do, that 1st is really low and low bc of the impact Monahan provides. Wish KH could have made the 3rd tied to WCF alone rather than cup win... that's where the injury history probably factored in heavily (both in what the Jets were willing to risk, and how much longer KH was willing to wait to see the price increase).

All in all... pretty damn good GM we have. Feels so odd after over a decade of ineptness in that chair.

Now will be interesting to see how they address the roster heading into the final few months... i sincerely doubt he's done and fully expect to see us add a vet or two from a team looking to shed cap so that Suzuki & co. have a bit of support

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Monahan’s injury history played big in both the return and timing of this trade.

I was hoping to see the conditional pick be performance/ games played dependent but that’s just a minor quibble.

What is likely is that none of the other suitors must have offered a first rounder, despite having been left out of the Lindholm sweepstakes.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So for Monahan, Habs ended up with two 1st round picks and a conditional 3rd.

Not bad for a guy who only played 74 games for your team.
There's other conditional picks. All the conditions are unlikely but there is other conditional 3rd and 4th associated with the trade with Calgary for taking on Monahan's contract.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We've been in a rebuild forever. People are always complaining about the last regime but as the time passes management gets worst and worst. Fans were also complaining about the regime before Bergevin when he was hired. I'm not saying he was good but Hughes hasn't proven he is any better.

We are not closer to having a championship caliber team. We aren't even close to have an impact player on this team.
we've been rebuilding for two years lol

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Habs fans on the main boards thread
1706893416967.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad