Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Those special teams sucked ass in the playoffs with him on them and he plays nowhere near a 100 point selke vote getter level when we need him most. And that’s because, playoff hockey is different from regular season hockey. A truth reiterated countless times by players and coaches alike. Maurice just said it literally a few days back. His game isn’t built for it and so far he’s shown no willingness to change anything.

How many times does this cycle of failure have to be repeated before we see any actual change?
I think it’s going to be run over and over until Marner,Matthews and Willy age out. We will then have to do another tank and rebuild

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Those special teams sucked ass in the playoffs with him on them and he plays nowhere near a 100 point selke vote getter level when we need him most. And that’s because, playoff hockey is different from regular season hockey. A truth reiterated countless times by players and coaches alike. Maurice just said it literally a few days back. His game isn’t built for it and so far he’s shown no willingness to change anything.

How many times does this cycle of failure have to be repeated before we see any actual change?
The failure doesn't bother Marner supporters. They like the player and don't think him or his contract are an issue. They'd rather try this model indefinitely than to see him traded

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seeing Barclay Goodrow on waivers yesterday showed me, over spending on fringe players is a recipe for disaster.

Florida did not sign any big UFA’s. They made trades and used the waiver wire. Bill Zito’s entire roster is castaways from other teams he bought when their value was low. The only guy he signed I believe was Carter Verhaghe who he signed once Verhaghe left Tampa and Evan Rodrigues. Everyone else was a trade or waiver pick up

I was curious to see how terribly that peasant Barclay Goodrow performed in the playoffs this season to be waived by the Rangers.

Turns out he had 6 goals in the Rangers run to the conference finals over 16 games.

Which is exactly the same number of goals scored by Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander combined. 6 goals, but in 23 games.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Last edited:

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
You don’t even need NHL experience to see that. Some people tend to forget what they saw and what they knew after witnessing the lack of compete in the playoffs.

Again, he’s not alone and we may find out that Matthews is an even bigger fraud.
May? At least we're only saddled with his lazy ass for 4 more years.

The two of them are peas in a pod.

Some posts are better off ignored, just childish attention seeking.
Why yes, yes, they are....

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
So here’s a question… what happened to the Marner that blocked those 2 or 4 shots at the end of the playoff game on his ELC deal to the guy that was a step away from the puck and skated away from it against McAvoy this year.

If the dollars made that significant of a change and his head ballooned to the point where he can’t fit the ego in the door then a change of scenery is needed for the sake of the dressing room.

Mitch has created this divide or image with the way he’s acted and not being a mature adult.
How dare you make this childish attack on God Mitchy!? HOW DARE YOU????

Reactions: HolyCrap

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Okay that's garbage.

Back outside...
How childish to not be able to accept any criticism of Dear Mitchy at all. Pretty sad really.

Some say that forward Mitch Marner will be playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the 2024-25 season, others think otherwise. One of them is insider Frank Seravalli, who believes the Maple Leafs will force Marner into a tough situation in the coming weeks, which could lead to more than one significant moves.

“I think the Leafs are going to make a play and basically back him into a corner over the next three weeks, saying, ‘Mitch, it’s been great, but we’re moving on. So whether it’s now or eight months from now, your time’s up.’”

View attachment 884805
Obviously Seravalli's take is childish.

Obviously, right Marner Influencer Crew?

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
So far today we've learned that a CEO with no hockey background is going to be involved in roster decisions and GM's are signing players based on Dregers contract valuations. :laugh:

Might be time for some to come in out of the heat.
Your influencer skills are poor.

giphy.webp

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Marner is not being renewed.

He’s being traded.

Tre, and the president said … change was needed.

Resigning Marner is the definition of no change.

They just gave a coach 30M? He's going to have a say on the team he coaches

He may believe he's the guy to get the best out of him, wouldn't be the first new coach to think that

Reactions: ACC1224

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I'm.just pointing out a potential reason he could be kept, the coach is different and we're going to be turning over a lot of the roster so there's going to be change either way

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
The team just brought in a new coach

I wouldn't be shocked if he talked to Marner, liked what he heard and told management he wants to keep him

The guy still is a 100 point selke vote getter who's on both of our first special teams units

Maybe Berube is thinking to himself I can get the best out of him and he will perform for me

He wouldn't be the first new coach to think that
So Berube is an arrogant idiot? I don't think so. Mitchy won't play his system so he gone.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So Berube is an arrogant idiot? I don't think so. Mitchy won't play his system so he gone.

No, maybe he's just a different set of eyes and can still see the ability in Marner and wants to work with him?

Says who? Marner is pretty bloody good, he can play Berube's system

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Mitch is a great person.

He’s the odd man out. He’s gotta go.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
No, maybe he's just a different set of eyes and can still see the ability in Marner and wants to work with him?

Says who? Marner is pretty bloody good, he can play Berube's system
LOL. Mitchy is deathly afraid of physicality. Want video? Check this entire thread.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Dont need to know the inner workings. Basically nobody wanted to give JT 11.5m or MM 10.9m. The terms to unwarranted NMCs etc. Just based on roster consensus I can tell we would be a better team with you guys running the team via app in the spirit of democracy.
Lots of people were stoked about JT.

MM contract however was universally derided

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Marner is not being renewed.

He’s being traded.

Tre, and the president said … change was needed.

Resigning Marner is the definition of no change.
Marner is being renewed (unless he actually does want to move on)

He's not being traded (again, unless he wants to)

Don't believe a word Tre and the President said. It's the same PR garbage they've been saying for years.

Yes, but in their minds "change" was bringing in a new coach. This is MLSE where the Shanaplan has resulted in 1 playoff series win in 10 years and he still has a job.

I mean really people, how can anyone possibly believe that after running back year after year after year after year after year after year after year, that this summer they really, honest to goodness are finally going to move on from the core or the Shanadisaster?

Literally Leafs Nation:

giphy.gif

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Go ahead then, make a concrete prediction.

As far as doubting you goes, you said we'd probably be 0-31 in the playoffs without Marner so the word "doubt" doesn't even begin to describe how little I value your predictions at this point in time.

Yes, that's true and I have had that experience of rereading and appreciating books that I didn't appreciate when I was younger. I remember enough about that one that I don't want to reread it though. It's kind of how I feel about reading books about Nazi Germany - I had to read about 20 of them for a course in University and I just felt like I overdosed and never want to go there again. I also find it very unpleasant to read about people being tortured etc. so I'm going to fill my life with other things. But those Zen books, they didn't really do it for me but might be worth another try.

I'm reading Churchill: Walking with Destiny ATM. I'm so glad I decided on that somehow, fascinating stuff!
Is it just me or does anybody else think Confucius and Evil Homer are the same person?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
You ever seen that episode of South Park where they keep getting different nannies for Cartman and he destroys each and every one of them? That's the core and new coaches. In the South Park episode they eventually turn to the Dog Whisperer and he conquers Cartman by training him like he's a dog. Maybe that's what the core needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad