Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner is being renewed (unless he actually does want to move on)

He's not being traded (again, unless he wants to)

Don't believe a word Tre and the President said. It's the same PR garbage they've been saying for years.

Yes, but in their minds "change" was bringing in a new coach. This is MLSE where the Shanaplan has resulted in 1 playoff series win in 10 years and he still has a job.

I mean really people, how can anyone possibly believe that after running back year after year after year after year after year after year after year, that this summer they really, honest to goodness are finally going to move on from the core or the Shanadisaster?

Literally Leafs Nation:

giphy.gif
That meme never gets old especially when referring to the Leafs………

You don't get 99 points and Selke votes if you aren't competitive

Physicality is fine but good players don't rely on it to be good
Gordie Howe says hi……….

Reactions: Kazparov

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Dont need to know the inner workings. Basically nobody wanted to give JT 11.5m or MM 10.9m. The terms to unwarranted NMCs etc. Just based on roster consensus I can tell we would be a better team with you guys running the team via app in the spirit of democracy.

Kampf M-NTC, Jarnkrok M-NTC, why?

You don't get 99 points and Selke votes if you aren't competitive

Physicality is fine but good players don't rely on it to be good

I think some players do rely on physical play to be effective, good is good, if you can be effective without physical play it matters not if you are a soft player.

Reactions: Kiwi and thewave

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
Not if it’s a prime piece.
Toronto isn’t looking for a trade deadline value.
NYI would not give up Dobson for 1 year unsigned Marner.
Would you trade Brady Tkachuk for 1 year of Marner?
Who says they are looking for a prime piece? They could get a package that is prospect/pick laden, which would give them assets to deal for this prime piece, give them cap space to sign a FA Dman. Or they could line up with a team that has their own pending UFA that addresses a need. There are various scenarios, I think it would be very difficult to expect them to be able to flip Marner into exactly who they they want, indirectly they could if they make the right deal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Who says they are looking for a prime piece? They could get a package that is prospect/pick laden, which would give them assets to deal for this prime piece, give them cap space to sign a FA Dman. Or they could line up with a team that has their own pending UFA that addresses a need. There are various scenarios, I think it would be very difficult to expect them to be able to flip Marner into exactly who they they want, indirectly they could if they make the right deal.
Who says they’re not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad