Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
Sure just dump JT and Rielly. Why not who cares. Just wait for the POs before watching them
I am not saying they are going to do that, I am just asking who is going to go? I can't see how they can retain Domi, Bertuzzi, Edmundson, plus be on and try to sign a top pair Dman, and address the goaltending. Hence my question.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We will see I guess, just limits their options.
Doesn’t seem like it matters much anyway. I don’t believe they are trading him until I see it. Leafs have done nothing to convince anyone they just won’t sign the same guys to more money.
The patterns and failures must have occurred elsewhere for Shanahan.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
LOL man, I just can't do this anymore. They're really gonna run it back for another half decade at least. Has there been a more stubborn management group in history than this lot?

Can't wait until we announce the Tavares extension too!
7 million x 4 for Tavares then we can find a goalie who used to be good but is a bit injury prone.
That will shake it up.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
LOL man, I just can't do this anymore. They're really gonna run it back for another half decade at least. Has there been a more stubborn management group in history than this lot?

Can't wait until they announce the Tavares extension too!
I hear you buddy.

And for what? To see another half decade of 1st round playoff exits?

That's a no for me.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I was curious to see how terribly that peasant Barclay Goodrow performed in the playoffs this season to be waived by the Rangers.

Turns out he had 6 goals in the Rangers run to the conference finals over 16 games.

Which is exactly the same number of goals scored by Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander combined. 6 goals, but in 23 games.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Why throw Willy in there?

He had 3 goals in 4 games, which is a lot better (gpg-wise) than Goodrow. Take him out and it becomes 3 goals in 19 games, compared to 6 goals in 16 games - shows your point much better.

Reactions: arso40 and hotpaws

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I was curious to see how terribly that peasant Barclay Goodrow performed in the playoffs this season to be waived by the Rangers.

Turns out he had 6 goals in the Rangers run to the conference finals over 16 games.

Which is exactly the same number of goals scored by Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander combined. 6 goals, but in 23 games.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

He shot 40%... you think that'll be the norm?

2 points in 16 games before this year for the Rangers.

Had one of the worst xGF% this year (terrible at driving play), same with his actual G%.

His results were much better than his play and that is not normal, so maybe they thought they'd try to dump his contract without an asset attached.

You are right though, I do laugh sometimes when context is not taken into consideration and people post things like this, that's for sure.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I hear you buddy.

And for what? To see another half decade of 1st round playoff exits?

That's a no for me.

Maybe a 11.5m x 8 with a limited trade is the answer. Nobody else is giving him that and if we do we can always retain a little as terrible as that sounds.

• Wow
Reactions: arso40

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Great. Leafs are about to pay Johnny Gaudreau $12 mill.

Treliving is no better than Dubas.

Leafs should announce extensions for Tavares and Shanny too. Let’s just keep this thing going.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Great. Leafs are about to pay Johnny Gaudreau $12 mill.

Treliving is no better than Dubas.

Leafs should announce extensions for Tavares and Shanny too. Let’s just keep this thing going.

I am seriously debating not giving a frack about the Leafs next season and after if Leafs extend Marner at a ridiculous cap hit; icing four forwards with 11+ AAV while team composition and depth suffers with effing solid D or solid goalie

Absolute CLOWN SHOW. I hated dubas a lot for how much he ruined the Leafs; I think Shanahan is the SNAKE ruining everything even more. Treliving is as big of a shithole as Dubas if marner is extended

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I am not saying they are going to do that, I am just asking who is going to go? I can't see how they can retain Domi, Bertuzzi, Edmundson, plus be on and try to sign a top pair Dman, and address the goaltending. Hence my question.

I don't think Bert and Edmundson are coming back, but for argument's sake...they have 18.5 mil in cap, and presumably Pesce is seeking a 6 x 6 deal. So if you slot Domi at 3.5, Bert 5, Edmund 2.5, Pesce 6, and Brossoit or Stolarz at 3m, then all you gotta do is move Jarn for cap and you're probably good.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I don't think Bert and Edmundson are coming back, but for argument's sake...they have 18.5 mil in cap, and presumably Pesce is seeking a 6 x 6 deal. So if you slot Domi at 3.5, Bert 5, Edmund 2.5, Pesce 6, and Brossoit or Stolarz at 3m, then all you gotta do is move Jarn for cap and you're probably good.

Yup, probably good enough to lose again in the first round.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Imagine Mitch comes out and takes a team friendly deal. Like 8x8 what does everyone think then?
I’m pissed.
It’s time for a change

The other one made up is that Marner is a “passenger” when in reality Marner is one of the few wingers that drive play. Marner may avoid the physical aspect of the game but make no mistake he can drive a line on his own.
Excellent

If he returns he’s driving the third line and PP2

Reactions: Kazparov

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There will be a lot of wet pillows around here.
It's already a never ending drizzle.

1718968887120.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Imagine Mitch comes out and takes a team friendly deal. Like 8x8 what does everyone think then?
That would be fantastic but seems like a highly unlikely scenario.

It will be interesting to see what they finally settle on, if in fact he does sign an extension.
He's in a tough spot. Can't sell himself short but also needs to appear to be giving something back to hopefully ebb some of the froth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad