Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Has this JOKE waived the NTC/NMC yet?

Watching Oilers' stars show the F up to play has really gotten me even more worked up;

Get this pretender off of this team ffs

Marner is absolute GARBAGE
I agree. Watching these other teams stars rise to the occasion and then remembering how crappy ours have been the last 8 years especially this last season. Compound that with how much money some people want to give them. Marner at 12 plus and this team will be destroyed, it’s bad enough matthews crazy deal and Willy’s ridiculous overpayment but to add Marner ……..the guy who thinks people look at them like Gods.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
they can't possibly be thinking of resigning this slug, I mean that's way worse thean losing him for nothing.............

this is THE WORST thing the Leafs could do. I don't even want Marner at 6AAV. I'd rather invest that 6 AAV in a more competent players who don't shit the bed in the playoffs, throw hissy fits and blame everyone else.

Marner should not be a Leaf anymore. Period!

I DGAF what anyone else pays him. let some other LOSER gm (like Dubas) pay him this ridiculous amount

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I agree. Watching these other teams stars rise to the occasion and then remembering how crappy ours have been the last 8 years especially this last season. Compound that with how much money some people want to give them. Marner at 12 plus and this team will be destroyed, it’s bad enough matthews crazy deal and Willy’s ridiculous overpayment but to add Marner ……..the guy who thinks people look at them like Gods.
Posted this in other thread

Pelley said "they are about winning; they are not here to sell jerseys"

Treliving said "skills is important, but there are other unsexy things that players must be willing to do"

ShanaCON this pos finally admitted in PUBLIC that "you have to go to the tough areas, time for patience is over"

TOO MANY f***ING WORDS. I want to see words being put into ACTION!

All 3 (Pelley, Tre, Shanahan) simply admitted that Marner is trash (they didn't name him but it is pretty obvious by their comments what they meant) and he can't be a Leaf anymore. Now I wanna see it in action. If they f***ign sign Marner that Leafs deserved to be made fun of.

Marner must not be a Leaf anymore. Period!

Last edited:

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Hasn’t this been tried already?

Not sure getting rid of Marner just to spend more on another tiny winger is the best idea

Guentzel actually shows up in the playoffs, man. Forget size, we need some playoff performers here.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Genuine questions, do people believe that our top guys including MM can play like McD, Drai, and Hyman comes next playoffs?

I really can’t see our top guys do that.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Marner isn’t a playoff performer. He’s so scared of contact illustrated by his puck over glass penalties and muffin shots from 40 feet out.
He isn’t going to help you win a cup at a 10 mil plus caphit. He can help you in the regular season, just not help you win a cup at that caphit. Trade him for 70 cents on the dollar and move on.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Genuine questions, do people believe that our top guys including MM can play like McD, Drai, and Hyman comes next playoffs?

I really can’t see our top guys do that.
But they're 27(ish) not 37. It can still happen. How many do overs did Ovechkin get before finally getting a ring?

It'd be nice to see what the big 3 can do without slow Tavares his huge contract and his lack of leadership holding back the line up from what it could be.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
But they're 27(ish) not 37. It can still happen. How many do overs did Ovechkin get before finally getting a ring?

It'd be nice to see what the big 3 can do without slow Tavares his huge contract and his lack of leadership holding back the line up from what it could be.

Marner turned his name to mud around here. There is no going back after that weak performance any everyone knows it. They could have saved a lot of trouble trading him before his NMC kicked.

MLSE loves to take it on the chin to look like a darling in the media. Not a good recipe for winning.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I've never even seen this picture of Marner at 15 years old you are talking about, and havent read anyone attacking Marner over this photo. I'm assuming you were generalizing the Trade Marner folks, and then specifically talking about me?

I suggest you take a look at this thread, what you will note is a specific group of posters... @Notsince67, @ACC1224 and @DarkKnight ... who attack anyone who says anything the least bit critical of Marner. I only posted once or twice by page #110. And in that span, notsince67 had already repeatedly called me out. If there is anything that has caused this the Marner talk to be "over the top", it' is that group.

Also... search Leafs, it's all anyone is talking about right now.

The board always dies in the offseason.... it's the offseason.

:DD

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree on this one. He looks like 15 years old in every picture.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
:DD

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree on this one. He looks like 15 years old in every picture.

Bad take. Everyone had an awkward phase. Throw in his many millions and I guarantee you he has puck bunny's creaming their Lululemons on the regular.

Screenshot_2024-06-01-07-23-21~2.png

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
The WCF is a matchup Marner would tear up. If we are really going to lose him, it should be easy to get a massive haul from a western conference team. It's weird how each conference has a different vibe to it. Marner's style would thrive in the west "vibe" for a lack of better words. By the SCF everyone's in pain and tired. Marner will shake and bake guaranteed.

I don't want to trade Marner but I do see the multiple ways we can boost our team if the trade is done right. The main factor for making sure it's done right is you only trade @ premium for the massive haul. If it smells of even 1% cap dump, hang up the phone.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Marner on a line with Hintz and Robertson or Draisaitl and Kane would be absolutely fire. He has been a little unlucky lacking chemistry when not playing with Auston. A slow Tavares and rookies are not going to get you where you want to be. Outside of Matthews and Bunting most of Marner's line mates have been pretty trash if we're being honest.

Reactions: francis246

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Marner probably going to be like Marchand. He's at turning point in his age now.

Off his current career progress he deserve benefit of the doubt he will find a new gear like Marchand older in his career.

He's a must to keep unless you are getting McAvoy or someone back, which you won't

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Marner probably going to be like Marchand. He's at turning point in his age now.

Off his current career progress he deserve benefit of the doubt he will find a new gear like Marchand older in his career.

He's a must to keep unless you are getting McAvoy or someone back, which you won't

You're being serious? Marchand was never scared of going into a corner or mixing it up a bit.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Well they both have a .88 playoff points per game career avg. so I-guess Marchand doesn’t produce in the playoffs either. lol!

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Bad take. Everyone had an awkward phase. Throw in his many millions and I guarantee you he has puck bunny's creaming their Lululemons on the regular.

View attachment 878186

why would you call it a bad take if you agree with it ? :D rofl You just posted another 15-year-old picture of Marner.

I'm not questioning his ability to buy women, not sure what it has to do with his 15-year-old physique.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Nobody cares if Marner is good looking or ugly or has enough money to buy more women than that guy in the Bible that had 1000 wives.

Wasnt he lucky. I can't even get along with the one I have. I can only imagine having 999 more of them

Same how this team has way too many primadonnas on it.

Marner should have been traded years ago. It makes me puke in my mouth thinking he's gonna be on the team again next year. Just get rid of him already.

There's sooooo many good reasons why they should be trading him.

He's got a piss poor attitude. He can't step up his game when it matters most. He wants more money than makes sense to pay him.

But he's makes all the little girls hearts go pitter patter so maybe they should keep him around.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Nobody cares if Marner is good looking or ugly or has enough money to buy more women than that guy in the Bible that had 1000 wives.

Wasnt he lucky. I can't even get along with the one I have. I can only imagine having 999 more of them

Same how this team has way too many primadonnas on it.

Marner should have been traded years ago. It makes me puke in my mouth thinking he's gonna be on the team again next year. Just get rid of him already.

There's sooooo many good reasons why they should be trading him.

He's got a piss poor attitude. He can't step up his game when it matters most. He wants more money than makes sense to pay him.

But he's makes all the little girls hearts go pitter patter so maybe they should keep him around.

Judging by some of the posts, it’s not only the little girls hearts that he makes go pitter patter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad