Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think posting a picture of Marner at ~15 to giggle at his outfit and where he is on his growth curve is stupid. I think constantly posting him in a Mickey Mouse shirt thinking you did something is an embarassing take. I think a lot of the takes in this thread are horrifically bad and from emotion rather than reason. This from a guy who would move him in the summer and felt he should have been considered as a trade option for some time.

It's cool, you can back off your "everyone must hate Marner" pitch though at any point. It's a little tiring and over the top. He has flaws and it's time to move on IMO, but it's not worth continually repeating the same points over and over. It's why this board basically dies every summer.
Here is the Marner Appreciation Thread, take note that I posted only once until post # in the 100s. Despite not being active in the thread, I was repeated called out by one particular aggressive Marner fan, who coincidentally liked this post of yours. Also, there is alot of posters and pages, certainly isn't just me fueling the popularity of the topic

- I've never even seen this 15 year old photo you mention. Are you talking about me specifically or being more general to the Trade Marner Folks?

Note this is the second time I've responded to your post, the first appears to have been reported and deleted, probably because I referenced posters by name and they clearly don't want people to be linked to this thread - for obvious reasons.

Start counting who the most active members in this thread are, and take note of their tone and how they make their responses personal.

If there is anyone who has made this a tired topic, it's them.

Also, offseasons are always slow (hockey is over)

Marner is the hot topic around the league, not just on this board. Google maple leafs.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Here is the Marner Appreciation Thread, take note that I posted only once until post # in the 100s. Despite not being active in the thread, I was repeated called out by one particular aggressive Marner fan, who coincidentally liked this post of yours. Also, there is alot of posters and pages, certainly isn't just me fueling the popularity of the topic

- I've never even seen this 15 year old photo you mention. Are you talking about me specifically or being more general to the Trade Marner Folks?

Note this is the second time I've responded to your post, the first appears to have been reported and deleted, probably because I referenced posters by name and they clearly don't want people to be linked to this thread - for obvious reasons.

Start counting who the most active members in this thread are, and take note of their tone and how they make their responses personal.

If there is anyone who has made this a tired topic, it's them.

Also, offseasons are always slow (hockey is over)

Marner is the hot topic around the league, not just on this board. Google maple leafs.

I made a comment that there's a lot of stupidity in the tread (or something similar)

You hopped on about Brady Tkachuk which had nothing to do with my post.

In a post where I comment on how desperate you seem to push your agenda and how f***ing useless it is. It doesn't seem logical to investigate an older thread that doesn't really pertain to my comment. I really don't give a shit and I stand by everything I previously said.

~Pic of Marner at ~15 was a post or two above mine, no clue if it's still there, but I don't see why it would be deleted. Though it does feel a bit stalkerish

Reactions: francis246

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Pelley visits here too, that remark about jersey sales comes right from these threads.............
I always thought the on air panel during tv broadcasts, were logged on here or other social media sites. What else would they looking at when their lap tops are open? If nothing else they get an instant insight into what fans are thinking.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I always thought the on air panel during tv broadcasts, were logged on here or other social media sites. What else would they looking at when their lap tops are open? If nothing else they get an instant insight into what fans are thinking.
We should start charging them for some of our best quotes and material.
Pelley is probably going to raise the jersey prices soon, can’t afford them.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Is Matthew Tkachuk a good player? Yes, but the way this board gawks him off is insane. I’d obviously take him over Marner but he’s very overrated by Toronto fans. I’ve watched every panthers playoff game and he’s like 4th or 5th guy that jumps off to me from that team. Kind of a PP merchant this series, hasn’t really been effective 5 on 5 the entire playoffs.

Reinhart, Verheaghe, Bennett, Forsling those three guys are the engine of Florida.

Tkachuk has 2 goals in his last 13 playoff games! Let’s be a little realistic

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Lol have you been watching? Where is the physicality in the Dallas/Edmonton match up? The Western Conference Final has been run and gun and lots of PP and offense and free flowing offense. The Eastern Final has been way more physical. I’d actually agree that Marner on either Dallas or Edmonton would probably be having a field day. As would any good offensive player
Do you ever watch Marner in the playoffs? and....Yes Ive been watching and both series show me we aren't close. Marner can't handle 1st round intensity. No way he handles the level of compete needed in the WCF. I know you really want to believe he can and I wish he could, but he cant.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Do you ever watch Marner in the playoffs? and....Yes Ive been watching and both series show me we aren't close. Marner can't handle 1st round intensity. No way he handles the level of compete needed in the WCF. I know you really want to believe he can and I wish he could, but he cant.

We aren’t talking about Marner on the Leafs, we are talking about Marner playing with guys who play the right way. I think you take any of the core 3 guys and plug them on a team like Edmonton, Florida, New York or Dallas individually and they would have a ton of success.

The mix isn’t right here, but to think those players couldn’t be effective elsewhere in other systems is shocking. I have no doubt they would.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We aren’t talking about Marner on the Leafs, we are talking about Marner playing with guys who play the right way. I think you take any of the core 3 guys and plug them on a team like Edmonton, Florida, New York or Dallas individually and they would have a ton of success.

The mix isn’t right here, but to think those players couldn’t be effective elsewhere in other systems is shocking. I have no doubt they would.
So Marner can't handle the intensity, but that's because he's not playing with the right guys? Seriously?

Reactions: ToneDog and myleafs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Here is the thing for me.

I think he stays ... probably re-signs ... I know many are hoping the resigns and leaves the Leafs, but I think he re-signs.

What is more important than him re-signing is how he is used next season.

If Berube trots out the same line-up, with a couple minor tweaks due to UFA players leaving, then yes, it will be disappointing once they hit the playoffs.

But if we don't see Auston-marner glued together maybe we have something?

myleafs

May 25, 2021

I mean what are our guys being paid top in the game money for if in order to thrive and play the right way they need to play with other players on other teams who play the right way? Why not just play the right way here on the team they are on? They are what they are wherever they are.

I agree, the mix is wrong

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

The mix is definitely wrong and think there are more than enough facts to prove that.
beside JT(too slow to do anything), I do think the other 4 will do well with different players as I believe none of them can lead, they are all great Betas.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Here is the thing for me.

I think he stays ... probably re-signs ... I know many are hoping the resigns and leaves the Leafs, but I think he re-signs.

What is more important than him re-signing is how he is used next season.

If Berube trots out the same line-up, with a couple minor tweaks due to UFA players leaving, then yes, it will be disappointing once they hit the playoffs.

But if we don't see Auston-marner glued together maybe we have something?
I really hope you’re wrong in this.
I really don’t want to watch him try to bleed us for 12-13 million/year.
Don’t think I can watch the fiasco after that.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The mix is definitely wrong and think there are more than enough facts to prove that.
beside JT(too slow to do anything), I do think the other 4 will do well with different players as I believe none of them can lead, they are all great Betas.

In a hierarchical system it is sometimes difficult for the alpha to arise.
You could have the greatest leader of all time, but if Rank is unassailable the alpha may lay in wait.

I'm curious with Keefe gone maybe???

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You could have the greatest leader of all time, but if Rank is unassailable the alpha may lay in wait.

Think playoffs is where players show who can be the alphas, someone who take charges and lead the team.
Don’t really see that in our guys for the past several years.
You look at Oilers, McD, Drai, Hyman, Ekholm all took charge.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nobody cares if Marner is good looking or ugly or has enough money to buy more women than that guy in the Bible that had 1000 wives.

Wasnt he lucky. I can't even get along with the one I have. I can only imagine having 999 more of them

Same how this team has way too many primadonnas on it.

Marner should have been traded years ago. It makes me puke in my mouth thinking he's gonna be on the team again next year. Just get rid of him already.

There's sooooo many good reasons why they should be trading him.

He's got a piss poor attitude. He can't step up his game when it matters most. He wants more money than makes sense to pay him.

But he's makes all the little girls hearts go pitter patter so maybe they should keep him around.
King Solomon was revered for his wisdom. His wives were of different religions and he worshiped those gods which led to his downfall.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Keefe coached a 100 point team.
We know this.
Berube is going to need to prove he can accomplish the same (regular season).
If he has a new system, play and accountability, it could be a very up and down year. With some getting it, some not.

Then what does the opening roster look like? Some could rise, some could fall.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Touche. A fellow aficionado clearly. What did you think of the BBC series with Cumberbatch?

Prediction: Marner stays for next season with Bundy willing to lose him for nothing if necessary in a contract stare-down. Marner ultimately re-signs at little to no raise. Just to stay on topic.
Good, although I think the old Basil Rathbone movies were the best, and certainly closest to the feel of the books. But I grew up on old black and white movies, and colour just doesn't convey the film noir atmosphere the same way.

(I recently watched "Green for Danger", a good little whodunnit, and the only time I've seen Alistair Sim other than as Scrooge.)

Although I think it would be better for the team if Marner left one way or another, I wouldn't be surprised if your scenario happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad