Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
If you are going to dream, dream big,

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Lupul-Nylander-Komarov
Kadri-Stamkos-Kapanen
Brown-Gauthier-Winnik

Come on over Stamkos! We need a 3rd line center ... willing to guarantee 14mins a game!
And global warming will make Toronto weather almost pleasant!

:popcorn:

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Lupul-Nylander-Komarov
Kadri-Stamkos-Kapanen
Brown-Gauthier-Winnik

Stamkos on the third line.. would rather have Nylander playing on his wing (or vise/versa) if that were to happen

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
It scares me to think the Leafs actually had discussions to move down in the draft. I would be beyond mad if the Leafs missed out on him because they wanted to add a pick or two. It is such a Leaf like mgmt move if the past. Thank goodness it didn't happen for once and perhaps we can cheer for a stud player instead of moaning over yet another one that got away.

I know many on here think that may be Konecny. That doesn't bother me.

For the umpteenth time ... they wanted Marner the whole time. Very obvious.

They were maneuvering to trade down in case Arizona took Marner. Which to me indicates they did not like Strome for some reason. And they probably felt that Zacha/Strome were a trade off ... so why not get some extra pick(s) and let someone else have Strome.

It makes no sense that Hunter was trying to get out from picking Marner ... no sense at all.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Lupul-Nylander-Komarov
Kadri-Stamkos-Kapanen
Brown-Gauthier-Winnik

R we doing this again, then let's add Kopitar in the 4th line with Goat and Brown.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
You must be great at parties.....

he's just concerned as to why we have matthews as the #1C. Obviously we should start him on Stammers wing and half way through the season move him to the middle and move Stammer to his wing.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
After pencilling in McDavid, Bennett, Tavares, Nash, Kovalchuk, B. Richards, B. Ryan year after year it just starts to seem silly.

This is where i was coming from.

I mean, penciling in guys is one thing.

1st overall?? Come on guys this team just isn't that bad.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Lupul-Nylander-Komarov
Kadri-Stamkos-Kapanen
Brown-Gauthier-Winnik

Not sure how Stammer would feel about being on the third line lol. I don't normally think these things are at all realistic but given we likely finish close to or right at the bottom and with a good chance of Stamkos signing here IMO, that lineup isn't all that crazy to me. And my god it'd be glorious.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
how low do the leafs have to finish to have a legitimate shot at mathews?isnt the draft changed?

2016 NHL Draft Lottery

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Leafsbeast*

Hello everyone. First post.

I found myself looking at Tkachuk rather than Marner. It is in my opinion that Tkachuk is a bi-product of Marner.

That said, its amazing Marner doesn't have another 4 or 5 points a game simply by the set ups he provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad