Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

91Kadri91*

Marner playing the PK (5 on 3):

AH3Dll.gif

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
He doesn't really have any development left at the wing right? He's way too good for that league.

Couldn't we get Mark Hunter to force his brother to play him at center? He's way to good for that league, might as well try to develop him into a center.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Marner and Dvorak are destined to tie for the scoring lead. One can't score without the other assisting :laugh:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Today's NHL is seeing plenty of small forwards succeed.

Seeing less and less concern about Marner's size with the show that he can put on the ice.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
This skinny kid in the 70's did stuff like that against other teams and they called him puck hog. Just imagine

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Everyone knows these moves don't work in the NHL. Go ahead and take a look at the McDavid highlights from the OHL. 90% of those moves where he goes through an entire team won't be possible in the NHL, it's the fact that he can think the game at a high level that will make him successful at the NHL.

Marner has really good puck handling skills, extremely fast skater, quick thinker. He's going to make an immediate impact.

I know we haven't had our fair share of luck but I don't know how anyone can temper their expectations with Marner or Nylander. They look great.

I don't expect them to win the Calder by a landslide because other teams have great prospects as well but they will be in that race till the end.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I was really perplexed at how anyone that watched them with any consistency could prefer Strome over Marner last year in their draft year. I was drooling when most rumours had stated that Arizona preferred Strome and that Marner would fall to the Leafs.

Don't get me wrong Strome is a great prospect. However he isn't better than Marner at anything except being bigger, and maybe having a slightly heavier shot. Teams will always dream of getting that big franchise center I guess.

Marner is a special prospect and talent, and any Leaf fan should feel lucky to have him in the organization. Especially to get such a player at 4th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad