Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
tSChe6.gif

:laugh: Now he's just being mean, those poor kids on the other team look like headless chickens.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I was really perplexed at how anyone that watched them with any consistency could prefer Strome over Marner last year in their draft year. I was drooling when most rumours had stated that Arizona preferred Strome and that Marner would fall to the Leafs.

Don't get me wrong Strome is a great prospect. However he isn't better than Marner at anything except being bigger, and maybe having a slightly heavier shot. Teams will always dream of getting that big franchise center I guess.

Marner is a special prospect and talent, and any Leaf fan should feel lucky to have him in the organization. Especially to get such a player at 4th overall.

Lol. It's funny for sure.

Man this guy is like toying with them like a kid toy with kitten and a ball of yarn

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I was really perplexed at how anyone that watched them with any consistency could prefer Strome over Marner last year in their draft year. I was drooling when most rumours had stated that Arizona preferred Strome and that Marner would fall to the Leafs.

Meh... he's good, but he's no Barzal (may hit 20 goals this year!), Crouse, or Zacha. Leafs should have traded down and picked him at #9. :sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wow, Marner's production is hitting some McDavid style heights the past couple of weeks. What are we close to, almost 40 points in the past 13 or so games? Totally lost track of these numbers.

champs*

marner ... too good for the ohl but not ready for the nhl and cant play in the ahl.... rule change is now needed. I see that MIKKO RANTANEN is playing in the ahl for San Antonio Rampage and has 18 points in 14 games.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Wow, Marner's production is hitting some McDavid style heights the past couple of weeks. What are we close to, almost 40 points in the past 13 or so games? Totally lost track of these numbers.

37 points in his last 12 games. While being in on 50%+ of London's goals in that stretch :amazed:

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
marner ... too good for the ohl but not ready for the nhl and cant play in the ahl.... rule change is now needed. I see that MIKKO RANTANEN is playing in the ahl for San Antonio Rampage and has 18 points in 14 games.

I agree. Once a team has drafted a player, they should have more control over the development route that the player takes.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
As much as we love this kid, but keep in mind that he is not going to get this much room in the big league to move round, it's going to be interesting to see how he is going to adjust at the NHL level

Please keep in mind I am a big fan of Marner

He creates his own time and space and will continue to do so in the NHL....just not as easily as he is doing now.

I said it when we drafted him.....he is a franchise player.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Look, if this gif doesn't show people why he absolutely cannot go back to junior next year, nothing will. The kid is clearly too good for this league, do we really want him running around the O zone, dekeing 5 players and playing keep away?

***replied to the wrong post, this is in reply to the gif.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
M.Marner (18): 25gms, 22gls, 58pts (72gls/190pts)
P.Kane (18): 58gms, 62gls, 145pts (88gls/205pts)

getting closer.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
It scares me to think the Leafs actually had discussions to move down in the draft. I would be beyond mad if the Leafs missed out on him because they wanted to add a pick or two. It is such a Leaf like mgmt move if the past. Thank goodness it didn't happen for once and perhaps we can cheer for a stud player instead of moaning over yet another one that got away.

I know many on here think that may be Konecny. That doesn't bother me.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Marner seems to have made a joke of the OHL

I'm also glad he's working on other key areas that will elevate him in the next level like being a positive contributor PK and being responsible defensively. We know what he can do offensively but making the team next season will hinge strongly on how will he performs on the other end

WillNytheSwedishGuy

Sep 17, 2015
It scares me to think the Leafs actually had discussions to move down in the draft. I would be beyond mad if the Leafs missed out on him because they wanted to add a pick or two. It is such a Leaf like mgmt move if the past. Thank goodness it didn't happen for once and perhaps we can cheer for a stud player instead of moaning over yet another one that got away.

I know many on here think that may be Konecny. That doesn't bother me.

Would scare me more if the Leafs didn't do their best to prepare for every eventuality with the pick. Theres a difference between doing your due diligence and seriously considering trading the pick.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He creates his own time and space and will continue to do so in the NHL....just not as easily as he is doing now.

I said it when we drafted him.....he is a franchise player.

There is no question about it but I am saying is that he is not going to get that much space to dangle all the time

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Marner seems to have made a joke of the OHL

I'm also glad he's working on other key areas that will elevate him in the next level like being a positive contributor PK and being responsible defensively. We know what he can do offensively but making the team next season will hinge strongly on how will he performs on the other end

He's dominated on the PK almost as much as on the PP and he now leads the OHL in shorthanded goals.

That talent and commitment to possess the puck no matter what the situation will make it easy for Babcock to keep him with the big team next year even if he's basically just a special teams player as a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad