Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s hard to think of a more disastrous sequence of events than the “Ghost trade -> Risto trade -> Risto re-signing” saga.

That many valuable assets spent to downgrade players so severely and then burn that much cap space, by a GM desperate to compete immediately.

Ristolainen has grossed $34M+ in contract earnings to this point with another $25.5M on the way. :laugh:

The closest he’s been to a fair contact value was on his ELC. :laugh:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Meanwhile the guy carrying his horrible ass has made about $12m total so far and only has one year and $4.675m left on his contract.

I’ll play, because I know you’re a fan. I kind of just hate them all currently.

Sanheim, he’s a good player as well as an undervalued one for this team. He’s been with the organization for how many seasons now? You’d think his stupid ass would realize that maybe if he added even a small amount of physicality to his game how much more $$$ he could make, or avoid some of the heat.

He knows what kind of morons runs this organization, but hasn’t taken advantage of it. Is it really that hard for a farm boy to add a little more snarl?

They are all morons, they all suck ass.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
sergei-fedorov-111815-getty-ftrjpg_1sa8h440285gy1sejz7qw5z3pj.jpg

Fedorov with the Nike equipment back in the day was sweet. The white Nike skates.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol did hatcher die? What about boxcar lmao
As long as Hatchers not posting here I couldn't care less where he is or what he's doing.

Boxcar left when Manning did and started posting on the Edmonton board.

I’ll play, because I know you’re a fan. I kind of just hate them all currently.

Sanheim, he’s a good player as well as an undervalued one for this team. He’s been with the organization for how many seasons now? You’d think his stupid ass would realize that maybe if he added even a small amount of physicality to his game how much more $$$ he could make, or avoid some of the heat.

He knows what kind of morons runs this organization, but hasn’t taken advantage of it. Is it really that hard for a farm boy to add a little more snarl?

They are all morons, they all suck ass.
Adding snarl wouldn't do anything to help him.

The team doesn't actually value physicality and toughness like they say they do, they value that stereotype and reputation. He has a different stereotype/reputation and those things can never change once attached to a player, so it wouldn't matter what he actually does on the ice.

Just like people thought Ghost was soft and bad defensively, when he had more big/impactful hits than Hagg did and was a far better defensive player. Did that change his rep? Not at all.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
As long as Hatchers not posting here I couldn't care less where he is or what he's doing.

Boxcar left when Manning did and started posting on the Edmonton board.

Adding snarl wouldn't do anything to help him.

The team doesn't actually value physicality and toughness, they value that stereotype and reputation.

He has a different stereotype/reputation and those things can never change once attached to a player, so it wouldn't matter what he actually does on the ice.

Just like people thought Ghost was soft and bad defensively, when he had more big/impactful hits than Hagg did and was a far better defensive player. Did that change his rep? Not at all.

All Sanheim had to do to make bank, is get in a few meaningless fights every season - and throw a few hip checks. He’s not skilled enough to consistently flash otherwise, and should have learned by now he’s not going to get the usage to showcase what skill he has.

We know who runs this team, and what kind of horseshit beliefs they have.

I used to like the player, but he’s stupid as shit. He could have made a lot more $$$ by now, and not been seen as a second fiddle to Ivan.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
All Sanheim had to do to make bank, is get in a few meaningless fights every season - and throw a few hip checks. He’s not skilled enough to consistently flash otherwise, and should have learned by now he’s not going to get the usage to showcase what skill he has.

We know who runs this team, and what kind of horseshit beliefs they have.

I used to like the player, but he’s stupid as shit. He could have made a lot more $$$ by now, and not been seen as a second fiddle to Ivan.
So this is what is keeping him from getting power play minutes? And stuck with Risto?

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
So this is what is keeping him from getting power play minutes? And stuck with Risto?

Think he wouldn't be viewed in a different light, or given more opportunity by this dumbass organization if he did those things? A few fights a season, and they would proclaim what a glorious development system they have.

I'm going to laugh if he chooses to re-sign here. Giroux, Ghost, and Jake had the brain capacity to know when to GTFO.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Think he wouldn't be viewed in a different light, or given more opportunity by this dumbass organization if he did those things? A few fights a season, and they would proclaim what a glorious development system they have.

I'm going to laugh if he chooses to re-sign here. Giroux, Ghost, and Jake had the brain capacity to know when to GTFO.

Sanheim has 1 career fight, which is 1 more than Provorov. Ristolainen has 3 career fights, and the last one was in 2018. Note: I’m not saying he’s as superficially physical as either player.

If anything, this argument is just a cynical approach and does nothing to further an already backwards team. He’s not shy of engaging on defense — that’s DeAngelo, who somehow gets the “tough” label because he’s mouthy — but he’s not overly physical either. He is very good at shot suppression; his stick work is more his expertise. He’s not some victim of poor ES usage; they deploy him as a top pair/PK guy, so this doesn’t really hold water. They simply don’t give him the scoring usage, like PP and extra attacker minutes. Which has nothing to do with a body check. It’s just a bevy of poor evaluations and ego managing, nothing more.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Sanheim has 1 career fight, which is 1 more than Provorov. Ristolainen has 3 career fights, and the last one was in 2018.

If anything, this argument is just a cynical approach and does nothing to further an already backwards team. He’s not shy of engaging on defense — that’s DeAngelo, who somehow gets the “tough” label — but he’s not overly physical either. He drives shot suppression. He’s not some victim of poor ES usage; they deploy him as a top pair/PK guy, so this doesn’t really hold water. They simply don’t give him the scoring usage, like PP and extra attacker minutes. Which has nothing to do with a body check.

Ohh I firmly believe if he played with a more “old Flyer” style, he would see more favourable time/usage/contract status. Provorov has been given that above Sanheim, and why for it not for poor internal evaluation?

Sanheim has 1 career fight, which is 1 more than Provorov. Ristolainen has 3 career fights, and the last one was in 2018.

If anything, this argument is just a cynical approach and does nothing to further an already backwards team. He’s not shy of engaging on defense — that’s DeAngelo, who somehow gets the “tough” label — but he’s not overly physical either. He drives shot suppression. He’s not some victim of poor ES usage; they deploy him as a top pair/PK guy, so this doesn’t really hold water. They simply don’t give him the scoring usage, like PP and extra attacker minutes. Which has nothing to do with a body check.

Ohh I firmly believe if he played with a more “old Flyer” style, he would see more favourable time/usage/contract status. Provorov has been given that above Sanheim, and why for it not for poor internal evaluation? He’s better in terms of performance.

Cynical is appropriate.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Provorov has been given that above Sanheim, and why for it not for poor internal evaluation? He’s better in terms of performance.

I don’t think that poor internal evaluation has to do with boards physicality though, given they treat Sanheim as a top pair ES defender. It’s a difficult conversation dealing with draft status, expectations, tenure, unchecked (encouraged) egos, double standards, etc. This team needs the hockey equivalent of a colonoscopy.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t think that poor internal evaluation has to do with boards physicality though, given they treat Sanheim as a top pair ES defender. It’s a difficult conversation dealing with draft status, expectations, tenure, unchecked (encouraged) egos, double standards, etc. This team needs the hockey equivalent of a colonoscopy.

Ohhh but you overrated them young man. They sure as shit value Nonsense intangibles like that when it comes to usage in all forms or giving our contacts.

I’m ready to move on last all these fools, there isn’t anyone likeable on this team for me anyway at this point. He’s an idiot for not realizing who he plays for and how much more money he could have milked from the men running this thing.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Seems like Marchand is okay after hip surgery

Yup...Marchand is definitely the type of guy that would go around at a wedding and rip all the guys' shirts and yell "tarps off, boys!!!!" Kevin Hayes would also do that.

Their pants...so tight

I don't understand this trend.
Ffs it's such a terrible trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad