Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What does Hextall have to do with anything? Whoever that person is was talking about Chuck Fletcher. You don't need to bring up Ron Hextall at every single turn.

YOU can feel free to ignore it.
I can bring up whatever comparison I want. It relates to judging Fletcher’s drafts in MN, which were allegedly “horrific.”

People here still act like Hextall’s non-first drafting was good. So the comparison is quite apt.

If people want to harp on Fletcher all of the time, while they were silent about criticizing Hextall, then I’m going to bring up Hextall’s very relevant Flyers tenure.

You don’t get to decide who we’re able to criticize & who we aren’t. What is this, Animal Farm? If criticism of Fletcher is allowed, but not of Hextall, at least codify it in the board rules so everyone knows.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can bring up whatever comparison I want. It relates to judging Fletcher’s drafts in MN, which were allegedly “horrific.”

People here still act like Hextall’s non-first drafting was good. So the comparison is quite apt.

If people want to harp on Fletcher all of the time, while they were silent about criticizing Hextall, then I’m going to bring up Hextall’s very relevant Flyers tenure.

You don’t get to decide who we’re able to criticize & who we aren’t. What is this, Animal Farm? If criticism of Fletcher is allowed, but not of Hextall, at least codify it in the board rules so everyone knows.

No one during that period of time between deadhead's post and yours represented that Hextall's non-first drafting was good. The original statement was that the Flyers have been good since 2014.

Every single person on this damn board has criticized Hextall. It has been done for YEARS. Just because someone doesn't criticize Hextall in the year of 2022 when talking about the current General Manager doesn't mean they don't criticize the person. You also have had this explained to you several times but you choose to ignore it.

Btw, there is a rule regarding it since Hextall wasn't brought up until you mentioned him which is your MO.
2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No one during that period of time between deadhead's post and yours represented that Hextall's non-first drafting was good. The original statement was that the Flyers have been good since 2014.

Every single person on this damn board has criticized Hextall. It has been done for YEARS. Just because someone doesn't criticize Hextall in the year of 2022 when talking about the current General Manager doesn't mean they don't criticize the person. You also have had this explained to you several times but you choose to ignore it.

Btw, there is a rule regarding it since Hextall wasn't brought up until you mentioned him which is your MO.
LOL.

No one had brought up Fletcher’s drafting in MN until it was brought up either.

Was it “trolling” to do so?

How about when people bring up Bob Clarke out of the blue, & say they hope he dies so he doesn’t interfere with management anymore (which it isn’t even proven he does)? Has that been labeled trolling?

What I brought up is a legitimate hockey discussion point — a comparison of drafting that a poster deemed “horrible” vs. the drafts of someone he’s defended, or at least offered minimal critique.

If Fletcher’s non-PHL draft history can be brought up & criticized, then the Flyers’ non-Fletcher drafts can be brought up & criticized.

It seems more like you’re trying to be the gatekeeper of who can & can’t be criticized.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, I think Hextall's non-first rd drafting will turn out to be pretty solid once Fedotov escapes Russia.
N Cates will start this year, Lycksell has a good shot at winning a job, Zamula, Sandstrom, etc.

Both GMs were better than the league average drafting after the 1st rd.
The problem with Hextall is he should have gotten more out of 8 1st and 6 2nd rd picks.

Both GMs did a bad job on the margin, Hextall's big addition was PEB, other than that, Manning, VdV, Weal, etc. Weise and JVR as his FA additions. He did a good job selling and accumulating draft picks, but not buying or finding talent.

Fletcher has had the same issues, he's been more aggressive adding talent b/c of the win now mandate, while Risto was a gross overpay, the real problem has been the short-term nature of acquisitions, Niskanen, Braun, Thompson, etc., which would be fine on a deep team with prospects lined up to replace them, but those prospects weren't NHL quality and are mostly gone (they weren't blocked, they just sucked).

The core problem has been a lack of strategic vision combined with mediocre execution of tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad