NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In theory, a team with cap space could have added:

Laine...came with a 2nd
Joseph...came with a 3rd
Broberg....cost a 2nd
Holloway....cost a 3rd

....all for free...except for approx 17 million in cap space.

Meanwhile, the Flyers are paying 21 million to guys this year NOT to play for them in Ellis, Hayes, Peterson, ADA. RYJO.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Laine...came with a 2nd
Joseph...came with a 3rd
Broberg....cost a 2nd
Holloway....cost a 3rd

Meanwhile, the Flyers are paying 21 million to guys this year NOT to play for them in Ellis, Hayes, Peterson, ADA. RYJO.
wins in the margins are for NERDSSSS

Reactions: Tripod

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Laine...came with a 2nd
Joseph...came with a 3rd
Broberg....cost a 2nd
Holloway....cost a 3rd

They also got back 1st rd picks in those deals. That is part of the equation.

You can 100% argue Hayes and Tony D were dumb moves to get rid of them.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Laine...came with a 2nd
Joseph...came with a 3rd
Broberg....cost a 2nd
Holloway....cost a 3rd

Don't forget the Bryz buyout still on the books until 26/27. It's not against the cap but they are still paying it!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They also got back 1st rd picks in those deals. That is part of the equation.

You can 100% argue Hayes and Tony D were dumb moves to get rid of them.
Addition by subtraction with Hayes and Tony D, got a 5th, 6th, Rizzo and $5M in cap room which they turned around to use to get a 2nd rd pick.

Broberg is the funny one, not sure I'd want that salary, much less give a 2nd for it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Addition by subtraction with Hayes and Tony D, got a 5th, 6th, Rizzo and $5M in cap room which they turned around to use to get a 2nd rd pick.

Broberg is the funny one, not sure I'd want that salary, much less give a 2nd for it.

So Hayes and Tony D were mistakes?

Remind me, what is the balance on TDA? Did the Flyers get him for free?

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Incentive not to match. Essentially a big trade of picks for Broberg and Holloway.
Wow, Edm loses two high 1st picks who are big, fast, very good players for almost nothing. Armstrong is a stud. Briere is handcuffed by all the dead weight. Holloway looked explosive in the playoffs, Broberg will be a good addition too. Wish we had a good GM. All our guy is up to is ticking off a powerful agent on a weekly basis, for no apparent reason.

Reactions: BernieParent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Laine...came with a 2nd
Joseph...came with a 3rd
Broberg....cost a 2nd
Holloway....cost a 3rd

I wasn’t signing Broberg at that number.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Broberg got less total dollars than Seeler. Not apples to apples, but if we’re talking about bets for a rebuilding team…

Wasn’t the biggest fan of Broberg in his draft year but he has tools. This is similar to Kotkaniemi. You know you’re overpaying but it’s a chance to get a young 20 something first rounder in your system and see what happens.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Don't forget the Bryz buyout still on the books until 26/27. It's not against the cap but they are still paying it!

“As my family and I move forward to meet the new challenges ahead, I could not leave Philadelphia without publicly thanking Mr. Snider for the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey,” 🤣

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

“As my family and I move forward to meet the new challenges ahead, I could not leave Philadelphia without publicly thanking Mr. Snider for the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey,” 🤣

1724280691286.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad