NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m guessing Lou is just an old school Italian Catholic & that’s where it lies. In those traditions you’re expected to keep shorter cut hair & clean shaven beards. But at some point you have to grow with the times.

There’s a difference between someone looking like a caveman with unkept long hair/beard & someone who has them but keeps up with it with styling & such to make it look like clean up kept look.
I dunno. Phillies have no problem with Brandon Marsh. :D
And it ain't like MLB is full of progressive types.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Do we know what the conditions on the pick are?

This is the most interesting trade since Tkachuk to me. We don't get market valuations of high end Goalie prospects often.
IIRC, it's the Vegas pick, unless the Vegas pick ends up in the top 10, in which case the Sharks may choose to substitute their own pick. (IOW, if Vegas falls apart and wins the lottery, the Sharks don't have to give up the 1st pick.)

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Solid move for San Jose

Not typically a fan of throwing a young goalie into a defensive tire fire, but full credit for taking the risk - and putting value toward the goalie position.

SJ, Anaheim, and Chicago will all be quite fun in a few years - if not already. While the Flyers stagnate along… sigh

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Do we know what the conditions on the pick are?

This is the most interesting trade since Tkachuk to me. We don't get market valuations of high end Goalie prospects often.
What's more is we have a valuation on not just any goalie prospect, but an unhappy one who just asked for a trade after an 8 yr deal was given to the incumbent. Not exactly a market setting move.

The Flyers list of untouchables probably included Noah Cates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad