NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
I wouldn’t bet on that. I’ve been impressed by his play considering the lousy stuff in front of him and the ridiculous PT he was given by Tortorella. Last season he was the best goalie that the Flyers had. When he sat, the team fared worse.
They would not move Fedotov due to everything they went through to get him. Askarov wants NHL time. So 3 G system?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They would not move Fedotov due to everything they went through to get him. Askarov wants NHL time. So 3 G system?
IMO, Fedotov had better be as good as was predicted. It’s taken a lot of effort and money to get him over here.
I’m beginning to wonder if these Russian goal tenders aren’t starting to play head games with the FOs of NHL organizations in order to get placed where they want to be. Perhaps some GMs need to call their bluff and tell them that if they like the KHL so much, they can stay there for a while earning rubles instead of dollars.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Acquiring Askarov would not only be a convoluted trade but the Predators won't be just giving away arguably a top 3 G prospect. It would likely take a 1st and a decent prospect (Tuomaala?) to start negotiations.

Add to these points the fact that Askarov wants NHL playing time, so why would he agree to report to the Flyers and a three-headed goalie system as the likely best scenario?

Reactions: renberg

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This didn't make sense when it happened and it makes less sense now that I've seen this comp

Grier is basically executing Hinkie's Process, hoping that he just now drafted his Embiid. For SJ, this is Emberson for a 3rd and whatever he can get for Ceci at the deadline.

Ceci isn't part of the plan there, but Emberson wasn't, either, so why not churn the roster for assets?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Acquiring Askarov would not only be a convoluted trade but the Predators won't be just giving away arguably a top 3 G prospect. It would likely take a 1st and a decent prospect (Tuomaala?) to start negotiations.

Add to these points the fact that Askarov wants NHL playing time, so why would he agree to report to the Flyers and a three-headed goalie system as the likely best scenario?
Nashville would want a NHL goalie in return as part of a package, so no three-headed issue.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Mike Grier loves throwing out favorable life rafts to other teams. Edmonton essentially gets a better, younger, & most importantly a cheaper player given they’re up against the cap.

3rd rd pick also included. Shows that with a rising cap, teams won't pay as much for cap relief as they did the last few years, so Briere was right using his cap room last year to get a 2nd and upgrade the Walker trade to a 1st rd pick.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Nashville would want a NHL goalie in return as part of a package, so no three-headed issue.
They will not take Ivan. Not sure they want Sam either. They have 2 goalies on thier NHL roster already.

3rd rd pick also included. Shows that with a rising cap, teams won't pay as much for cap relief as they did the last few years, so Briere was right using his cap room last year to get a 2nd and upgrade the Walker trade to a 1st rd pick.
Big diff taking 2 years of RYJO as compared to 1 one of Ceci who is still a good bottom pair dman and will have value come the deadline.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They will not take Ivan. Not sure they want Sam either. They have 2 goalies on thier NHL roster already.

The cap certainly doesn't work for them to take Ivan, but Ersson is reasonably priced for a backup, and is almost certainly a better goalie than Wedgewood for about the same price. They might be locked in on Wedgewood for some reason, but I think they'd consider Ersson a credible upgrade.

Reactions: BernieParent

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Hey , is Tort's still behind the bench . If so I ain't coming back till the Pr$&$K is gone .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad