NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Wait for the Flyers to trade the Oilers back their 1st for Broberg after they sign him.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Flyers have four notable RFAs who could potentially be offer sheeted starting on July 1st, 2025

Cates
Foerster
Frost
York
Briere really needs to step up and get the last three of these guys taken care of one way or the other. I'm sure that there are several teams who will get their foot on the gas to sign the players that they want and prevent from getting caught in an OS hole. Bridge them early. If they won't accept a reasonable bridge contract, move them so this stuff doesn't occur.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Nah. Not happening. The Broberg deal looks to me as a desperation move by the Blues. With Krug probably out of the season (career?), their defense looks quite weak.
I wonder who has a big, rugged RHD just itching to show what he can do in the playoffs as a trade option.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Briere really needs to step up and get the last three of these guys taken care of one way or the other. I'm sure that there are several teams who will get their foot on the gas to sign the players that they want and prevent from getting caught in an OS hole. Bridge them early. If they won't accept a reasonable bridge contract, move them so this stuff doesn't occur.
I wouldn't worry about that, if there is one thing this franchise does it's resign virtually every roster player it has.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Krug their defense would also look quite weak. Letting Pietro walk killed that team.

With Broberg the D will look quite weak possibly far worse than with Krug

The guy had a few good playoff games but overall, he has been underwhelming at best and terrible mostly. Oilers rushed him to NHL but there is still a major level of difference in his play when in AHL and NHL. There is very real risk he is just a guy who never translates to NHL his success at lower leagues

$4.5M+ for a guy who averaged mostly 11-12 minutes of TOI in his times in NHL and even in playoffs with increased exposure he was simply a #6

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
“Stripping” Tavares of the C and giving it to Matthews.
Perfect Headline

EFTzKTWXYAAH0MK.jpeg

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Feels like a typical "make your best player captain and be done with it" situation which just shows how that team is missing any real leaders.
I guess he can't be worse than captain personality vacuum John Tavares.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
St. Louis using offer sheets galore just makes it even more absurd and unrealistic that they’d consider trading a late 1st for Scott Laughton in a draft they had 3 of them. Preposterous!
They were very careful to price these sheets at a 2nd for Holloway and 3rd for Broberg.

Holloway is the more interesting player, hasn't done much in the regular season but had a solid playoff run, may be just coming into his own. At 23, under club control for years to come, how do you value him?

I think a Laughton deal was probably similar to the Walker deal, we get a late 1st in return for taking on cap.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That sounds a lot like the criticism of Giroux as captain from Flyer fans who want to absolve management of responsibility.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They were very careful to price these sheets at a 2nd for Holloway and 3rd for Broberg.

Holloway is the more interesting player, hasn't done much in the regular season but had a solid playoff run, may be just coming into his own. At 23, under club control for years to come, how do you value him?

I think a Laughton deal was probably similar to the Walker deal, we get a late 1st in return for taking on cap.
I think Broberg is the more interesting one. It is clear overpay no doubt. It is however short term and will not kill any team short term. Maybe the Blues benefit from the Oilers growing pains. He had a solid little playoff run. He has size, can skate with skill. Can he put it together? He has more future value imo.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad