NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
The amount of Value of offer sheeting of playerx threads that will be spawned for the next 3 years is going to be unthinkable.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Offer Sheetz! :fence:

$1,511,701 AAV or less - No compensation

$1,5111,701 to $2,290,457 - 3rd round pick

$2,290,457 to $4,580,917 - 2nd round pick

$4,580,917 to $6,871,374 - 1st and 3rd round picks

$6,871,374 to $9,161,834 - 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks

$9,161,834 to $11,452,294 - Two 1st's, 2nd and 3rd round picks

Above $11,452,294 - Four 1st round picks

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers have four notable RFAs who could potentially be offer sheeted starting on July 1st, 2025

Cates
Foerster
Frost
York

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I thought it had to be your own draft picks when it came to this?
It does. That's the one thing I'd want to see changed about offer sheets; it shouldn't matter whose 2nd you have, any 2nd should be fine. Just have it in the fine print that if a team has multiple picks available in that round, they are forbidden from trading picks in that round from the moment the OS is signed until the other team makes their decision, and the other team selects which pick they want at the time they decide to accept compensation. Frex, if the Flyers issued the Broberg OS this year, our 2nd round picks wouldn't be tradable until Edmonton decides, and they'd be allowed to choose Philly's, Anaheim's, or Columbus' 2nd rounder, since we own all three; they'd just have to choose immediately.

I don't think changing this is a high league priority, but I'd prefer that system, since it would make it easier for teams to at least have the ability to issue offer sheets while still participating in trades involving their own picks.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
That 2025 2nd is St. Louis' from the Hayes trade.
1723570676119.gif

It does. That's the one thing I'd want to see changed about offer sheets; it shouldn't matter whose 2nd you have, any 2nd should be fine. Just have it in the fine print that if a team has multiple picks available in that round, they are forbidden from trading picks in that round from the moment the OS is signed until the other team makes their decision, and the other team selects which pick they want at the time they decide to accept compensation. Frex, if the Flyers issued the Broberg OS this year, our 2nd round picks wouldn't be tradable until Edmonton decides, and they'd be allowed to choose Philly's, Anaheim's, or Columbus' 2nd rounder, since we own all three; they'd just have to choose immediately.

I don't think changing this is a high league priority, but I'd prefer that system, since it would make it easier for teams to at least have the ability to issue offer sheets while still participating in trades involving their own picks.
The only problem with this is the deciding team could really handcuff that team in the unlikely event they want to trade away the other pick

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only problem with this is the deciding team could really handcuff that team in the unlikely event they want to trade away the other pick
How so?

The scenario I'm proposing is this:

8/13/24: Flyers offer Broberg a contract with a 2nd round pick compensation level.
8/13-8/20/24: Edmonton decides whether they will match or not. Flyers are forbidden to register a trade involving any owned 2nd round pick.
8/20/24, latest: Edmonton decides to accept the 2nd round pick. They choose from among the PHI, ANA, and CLB picks. The pick immediately transfers to Edmonton, and Philadelphia may again register trades involving their 2nd round picks.

If a trade is in the works, it is contingent on transferring a 2nd round pick, and it absolutely, positively has to happen during that week, well, merde, but nothing stops the Flyers from consummating that trade on 8/12, or 8/21, or any other time. It's certainly less restrictive than "you traded your own pick 3 years ago, you have to pay a premium to the team that owns it now, or you can't even offer a player."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad