NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Captaincy is irrelevant
To a degree, yes it is. But it still represents something. And especially for younger players the captain has to be someone to look up to when the going gets tough. Someone who leads by example. Giroux was good at that. Matthews? I don't see it, tbh.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To a degree, yes it is. But it still represents something. And especially for younger players the captain has to be someone to look up to when the going gets tough. Someone who leads by example. Giroux was good at that. Matthews? I don't see it, tbh.

I think at this point it chiefly represents a desire to scapegoat those who have no power over their team's strengths and weaknesses.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Weren't people saying that Matthews wasn't playing through an injury, basically gave up and he wasn't a leader? 3 months later, captaining his team
Well, the people that claimed that, would probably also call Lindros a coward for not playing through a concussion

• Haha
Reactions: Sombastate

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Hmmm something don't win something something filling the net. My brain is a bit foggy but I'm pretty sure it goes back to Homeric times that goals do not equal wins

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Briere would pay for him, then it would go wrong because he tries to send him to the AHL

Oh, I doubt we'd even cross that first hurdle, but there would almost have to be a second deal involved to properly resolve the situation (preferably moving Fedotov, more likely involving moving Ersson because he'd be the more desirable player), and that, they would almost certainly fail to do. But it's nice to dream about the Flyers being the team to acquire the disgruntled top prospect for once.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, I doubt we'd even cross that first hurdle, but there would almost have to be a second deal involved to properly resolve the situation (preferably moving Fedotov, more likely involving moving Ersson because he'd be the more desirable player), and that, they would almost certainly fail to do. But it's nice to dream about the Flyers being the team to acquire the disgruntled top prospect for once.
Ersson would likely move in an Askarov trade.

I would give this a shot, though.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He'd go to the AHL because Torts said so. He has to make sure Cates and Deslaurier are in the line up.

This team will actively try to piss off as many players as possible.

If Cates and Deslauriers are blocking Askarov, a goalie, then we have far more fundamental problems than even this board has detected.

Ersson would likely move in an Askarov trade.

I would give this a shot, though.

I would assume so, but I was thinking of it more from the perspective of a Kolosov/Askarov swap, or an Askarov/Kolosov pairing in Philly, with both Ersson and Fedotov having to be moved elsewhere to facilitate, hence needing one more goalie move to fully settle things. If it's just "acquire Askarov and let Kolosov go home", though, then yeah, that'd be sufficient by itself.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If Cates and Deslauriers are blocking Askarov, a goalie, then we have far more fundamental problems than even this board has detected.

That's kind of what I mean though. The way this team functions is completely f***ed. f***ed priorities and f***ing lame excuses to go with them. I used it as an extreme example to show that there really is nothing they won't do to go further down the barrel.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I would assume so, but I was thinking of it more from the perspective of a Kolosov/Askarov swap, or an Askarov/Kolosov pairing in Philly, with both Ersson and Fedotov having to be moved elsewhere to facilitate, hence needing one more goalie move to fully settle things. If it's just "acquire Askarov and let Kolosov go home", though, then yeah, that'd be sufficient by itself.
You can’t move both Ersson and Fedotov, but you can move Ersson and Kolosov.

How about Fedotov going instead of Ersson?
Won’t work with their cap, and it would be bad form.

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How about Fedotov going instead of Ersson?

Nashville has about $3M in cap space and 2 RFAs to come to terms with. Fedotov makes more than twice what Ersson does, which would be a significant obstacle here, unless it's a bigger deal with more salary coming back to Philly (and then we run into our own cap issues; the numbers would have to be very precise to make it all work.)

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
An Askarov trade would be a very smart thing to do.

Unless they promised Fedotov a certain amount of playing time, which would be asinine for a guy that was shovelling snow for a year.

Reactions: BernieParent

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Unless they promised Fedotov a certain amount of playing time, which would be asinine for a guy that was shovelling snow for a year.

I mean, you're still probably moving Ersson out in either an Askarov trade or a concurrent facilitating trade, so Fedotov isn't going to need to go to Allentown or anything like that.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

The thing is, I'd love this, but it seems that the Preds will more than likely just run with Wedgewood as the backup, especially since it seems like they are going for it for the next couple years at least.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I mean, you're still probably moving Ersson out in either an Askarov trade or a concurrent facilitating trade, so Fedotov isn't going to need to go to Allentown or anything like that.

I think you can keep Ersson in the fold. I would anyway. No reason to not plan on splitting time with a young tandem.

Askarov just makes a lot of sense imo. I’d actually get excited over a move like that. I love goaltending on just a personal level, but hope they don’t undersell the value of the position. Especially if it’s going to be a mid tier team at best in terms of overall talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad