Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Agree on Reaves...Sunny needs to be there. Could bump him up to 3rd and drop Foligno down with the Dewey's. Might work real good like that too.

What is anybody on the 4th line providing? What has duhaime or Dewar done? I do want sundqvist in because we gave up something for him and he has a playoff resume. But no one stood out tonight. Reaves hasn't been any worse than half the forwards that have been playing
Maybe Reaves isn't helping the Dewey's? I'd try Foligno with them and Sunny on the 3rd. Sunny's goal in the 2nd was in front with good hands on a loose one in front.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Sundqvist can help the team.
Foligno can play reduced minutes and still play on the PK

A reduced role would do Foligno good
I could get behind that. Foligno bumped down to nothing minutes and PK that is. My assumption was that Sunny is in Friday regardless... and he would definitely help... probably shouldn't assume though

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What is anybody on the 4th line providing? What has duhaime or Dewar done? I do want sundqvist in because we gave up something for him and he has a playoff resume. But no one stood out tonight. Reaves hasn't been any worse than half the forwards that have been playing
Duhaime and Dewar also play PK and thus can provide more than Reaves. Besides, the added speed Foligno would bring might actually help the line a bit.

Reactions: Roman Maroni

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wishful thinking at its best! I like it though (still wish we had someone that could replace Foligno too)
Only wishful thinking because we have a coach who's afraid to place all his cards on the table with the season on the line

Now is the time to do it... nothing to lose. Our backs are against the wall, are we going to fight or just go with the exact same shit that put us in that position?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Only wishful thinking because we have a coach who's afraid to place all his cards on the table with the season on the line

Now is the time to do it... nothing to lose. Our backs are against the wall, are we going to fight or just go with the exact same shit that put us in that position?
100%

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We are not losing this series because of Reaves, ffs. He’s a 12th forward playing 10 minutes.

*Correction*

Reaves played 6:49 seconds last night. If you think he is the problem, and Sundqvist the answer to our ineptitude, you are delusional.

Last night, Kaprizov played 23 minutes and had one shot on net. He had close to 4 minutes on the PP.
Duhaime and Dewar played less than 10 minutes each, and also had one shot each. They each spent two minutes on the PK, where you don't normally expect to be getting SOG.

Right now, it's not one problem, but a host of them.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo: If the Wild can’t kill penalties, they need to stop taking them

If Kap and Boldy haven't shown up for 5 games, how can you guarantee they'll be there for Game 6?
“We have no doubt that our group and those guys in particular will show up in Game 6,” Evason said.

Didnt have our best stuff tonight for whatever reason? Coach is lost. So our plan is to rest and hopefully get excited to play?
“Hopefully we can use these next couple of days to recharge and rejuvenate, get excited,” Evason said. “We didn’t have our best stuff obviously tonight for whatever reason. So in two days we expect our group to be excited, jacked to get home, win one game and see what happens in seven.”

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Kaprizov/Boldy struggling to produce and Fiala had 3 points in 2 games.

I wonder if the takeaway here should be that it's not just the individuals that struggle in the playoffs, but maybe it's a systematic issue?

Reactions: AKL

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Glad I went to bed early to get up for work instead of watching this joke of a team! The back of my eyelids were much more entertaining :yo:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Kaprizov/Boldy struggling to produce and Fiala had 3 points in 2 games.

I wonder if the takeaway here should be that it's not just the individuals that struggle in the playoffs, but maybe it's a systematic issue?
Systemic like…… the state they play in?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This team isn’t going to win until they fix the center problem. They’ve got one top 6 center (Ek) and then some quick fixes that shouldn’t be long term solutions. Gaudreau is fine at 3C. Hartman should be 3RW.

They also need to figure out a plan for Zuccarello. He’s been bad. Johansson has reverted back to how he was the first time he wore a Wild sweater as well.

You could swap Nyquist for either one of those two and probably notice a difference.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d say 90% of people’s fear might be realized. I was positive yesterday, but it’s gonna be tough to win 2 straight. (About 30% of me right now wishes we had a strong chance at a top 10 pick, but instead we’re once again for the 100th time, on the outside looking in)

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Another reason to Play Sundqvist is we have zero net front presence on PP, nobody is wreaking havoc in front of Oettinger

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Another reason to Play Sundqvist is we have zero net front presence on PP, nobody is wreaking havoc in front of Oettinger
Yeah, we need a biggish body net front. I thought possibly Hartman, who is no stranger to physical play, also, but we just don't have a replacement for JEE right now.

M Jo is a good player, but he playing net front does not play to his strengths.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Nyquist-Hartman-Kap
JoJo-Boldy-Zucc
Steel-Freddy-Sundqvist
Duhaime-Dewar-Foligno
Awesome lines.

PK and PP and FO s not even close.

Dallas has figured out how to defend. Push Minnesota to outside. Perimeter shots do nothing.
Centers need to go to the front for rebounds/screens but they are playing high because of Dallas transition game.

On top of that the high scoring chances are just not going in. Otter is as cozy as can be and any “ toughness” from Minnesota has been eliminated.

Perhaps Hartman putting out ehlers and Dumba checking Pavelski created a bad look?

Foligno could just shut his mouth and play hockey.

Foligno needs to be in reeves spot as he isn’t needed when Wild have to play non contact now and can actually skate somewhat.

Toughness in playoffs is boxing out players, controlling puck, blocking shots, don’t throw puck away, fast breakouts, mental toughness without getting frustrated.

At the end of the day you can blame injuries, refs, luck but if you can’t score on your chances you do get , there’s nothing 29 or 32 can do

Evason looks like or has no idea what to do. Stop yelling at refs and teach your team how to control emotions.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad