Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Special teams are killing us. I will say this: something is still not right about how the Wild approach playoff hockey. I was at the Kings/Oilers game last night and Fiala looked unbelievable. Such a contrasting game to when he was in the playoffs here. It’s like none of the stars can show up here, and they have no problem being dynamic in other markets. I just think we play too much not to lose and that it’s not a sustainable style of hockey. You have to marry the hard/defensive hockey with sufficient skill and pace and we don’t have that currently.

This was my point. The idea that a player like Fiala just forgets how to play hockey in the postseason always stunk. People said that's why it's okay to trade him, but that never sat well. And now we're seeing Kaprizov and Boldy go pretty cold too. It's not that these guys, Fiala included, aren't playoff performers. It's that our coach isn't a playoff caliber coach.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This was my point. The idea that a player like Fiala just forgets how to play hockey in the postseason always stunk. People said that's why it's okay to trade him, but that never sat well. And now we're seeing Kaprizov and Boldy go pretty cold too. It's not that these guys, Fiala included, aren't playoff performers. It's that our coach isn't a playoff caliber coach.
I fear that's the case. His playoff record at all levels of hockey is abysmal, but I am also cognizant that he isn't playing with a full deck, thanks to decisions made by the GM('s).

Yuck.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I fear that's the case. His playoff record at all levels of hockey is abysmal, but I am also cognizant that he isn't playing with a full deck, thanks to decisions made by the GM('s).

Yuck.
I'm pretty sure he's not playing with a full deck regardless of GM decisions... :sarcasm:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yuck.

For sure he's not playing with a full deck, and I've said a ton about Guerin too. It is what it is for now, I'll have more to say about Guerin later I'm sure.

I think Dean would be a good assistant coach. I think he really understands the fundamentals of the game and knows how to play a hard nosed grinding type. He's good at getting the best out of his bottom six guys in that sense. But I'm not sure he knows what to do when guys like Kaprizov and Boldy start getting focused harder in the playoffs. I don't think he knows how to help them adjust and beat the other teams D. He always just reverts back to the basics, back to the simple grinding style that works perfectly for the bottom six, but doesn't do anything for guys like Kaprizov and Boldy, and the problems they're facing.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
You just made the list!!!
you-just-made-the-list-jericho.gif

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
QUIT PLAYING f***ING REAVES HOLY f***ING SHIT

This team needs to change their f***ing PK, how the f*** has Dean made no f***ing adjustments in 5 f***ing games?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
He's done literally nothing all series. Shouldn't be touching the ice AT ALL
It’s just f***ing mind blowing. Playing a plug for 5 f***ing games to get <10 minutes and contribute absolutely nothing whatsoever. We need PK guys in the lineup. What the f*** is Dean doing? So f***ing infuriating to see the same shit happen year in and year out. Say what you want about the Fleury/Talbot situation last year, the abysmal PK lost us that series too.

Get Evason the f*** out of here.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Why is Reaves catching heat? He played great down the stretch, and while he hasn't contributed other than banging bodies, you could say that about half the team, including Boldy, Kaprizov, Zucc for 4 of the 5 games, etc. Nyquist, Hartman, Faber and Dumba are the only players that have consistently looked good. Singling out Reaves seems a bit random to me

Reactions: 57special

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
We should have tanked in November. Lets go Mild. Better luck next year and the years after that. If im Kap im asking for a trade to a non garbage team. Same goes for Boldy.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why is Reaves catching heat? He played great down the stretch, and while he hasn't contributed other than banging bodies, you could say that about half the team, including Boldy, Kaprizov, Zucc for 4 of the 5 games, etc. Nyquist, Hartman, Faber and Dumba are the only players that have consistently looked good. Singling out Reaves seems a bit random to me
Because a team struggling to kill penalties shouldn't be playing someone like JoJo on the PK.
Reaves playing 5 mins a game is helping nobody. We could have someone like Sundqvist in there actually contributing.

No, not anything against Reaves other than he doesn't belong on a playoff team's active lineup. Again, that's on Deano.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Because a team struggling to kill penalties shouldn't be playing someone like JoJo on the PK.
Reaves playing 5 mins a game is helping nobody. We could have someone like Sundqvist in there actually contributing.

No, not anything against Reaves other than he doesn't belong on a playoff team's active lineup. Again, that's on Deano.
Agreed. Sundqvist needs to come in. If that means sitting Reaves, so be it. Or Foligno.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was thinking Foligno. At least Reaves isn't taking penalties. I know Foligno's previous ones were BS but tonight's was brutal
What is Reaves actuality providing that helps the team in any way that can't be provided by someone else, yet that someone else can actuality help in ways Reaves simply is incapable of.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I was thinking Foligno. At least Reaves isn't taking penalties. I know Foligno's previous ones were BS but tonight's was brutal
Yep. Reaves isn't actively hurting the team (at the same time, he's not helping it either). If we had 2 people to replace both of them I'd be all for it... but I don't think Walker/Rossi/Petan are going to help much

What is Reaves actuality providing that helps the team in any way that can't be provided by someone else, yet that someone else can actuality help in ways Reaves simply is incapable of.
Nothing. But he's not hurting the team either....

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yep. Reaves isn't actively hurting the team (at the same time, he's not helping it either). If we had 2 people to replace both of them I'd be all for it... but I don't think Walker/Rossi/Petan are going to help much

Nothing. But he's not hurting the team either....
Sundqvist can help the team.
Foligno can play reduced minutes and still play on the PK

A reduced role would do Foligno good

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
What is anybody on the 4th line providing? What has duhaime or Dewar done? I do want sundqvist in because we gave up something for him and he has a playoff resume. But no one stood out tonight. Reaves hasn't been any worse than half the forwards that have been playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad