Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Pretty good game from our end, but they just couldn't get anything to go soon enough.

I thought Gus looked a little off, but there's no blame for him on the loss. No idea who Dean will put in net for game 5.

Kaprizov finally shooting the puck again, but we need the production.

Still think Nyquist is a beast.

The way Otter looked SO calm making that last huge save of the game - that's how you could tell he was just feeling it last night.

Reactions: JBurd1

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Also, after Zucc's good game, he was back to his invisible poor decision sloppy self
Both him and Kap are just turnover machines slinging pucks across the ice haphazardly and looking sloppy and terrible. Kap going 10-2 and spinning his wheels skating in circles only to attempt some idiotic cross ice pass that has zero chance of generating anything is getting really old.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
I
Both him and Kap are just turnover machines slinging pucks across the ice haphazardly and looking sloppy and terrible. Kap going 10-2 and spinning his wheels skating in circles only to attempt some idiotic cross ice pass that has zero chance of generating anything is getting really old.
It's been so frustrating...

These aren't passes to the front of the net but rather passes from one side of the ice to the other. Wayyyy too long of passes that are being intercepted or since they're so long, if they do get caught the defensemen are on them anyways and the goalie has 3 hours to set up for the shot.

I said it in the GDT but the pass that led to Klingberg's goal was a terrible pass and a terrible decision that should have resulted in a turnover if it weren't for a lucky bounce.

I did one of those "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! THAT'S A STUPID PA....WHHHOOOOOOO!"

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Add a poor PP, and not finishing.
The Wild PK is really infuriating.

They're doing their damage at the points yet we're extremely passive when they have the puck up high. We're not pressuring them enough to make them uncomfortable. Luckily the last couple games, they've been trying to get *too* fancy and have been clearing the puck for us.

In contrast to the Stars PK where they give the Wild zero time to slow things down and find a passing/shooting lane because the Stars are always on the puck carrier.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
In playoffs your best players need to be your best players (old axiom). Kap & Boldy MIA.
Hartman, Zuc et al not picking up slack.
Should they have started MAF? After all it's what they do.
Fiala had a bogus trip called on him last night too.
Foligno way too obvious trying to play the body, he.is a magnet for calls. Needs to figure this out.
Klingers play is manna from heaven as they are getting no O from their D otherwise. Just don't resign him.
This is when the coach needs to do SOMETHING. It may feel like rearranging deck chairs on Titanic but you need to try.
Foligno's 1st penalty should have been called a charge.
Wild let the borderline calls matter.
Gus ain't Otter

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sundqvist needs to be in for Reaves.
That wasn’t even close to the reason why we lost. Sundqvist is barely faster than Reaves, in any event.

Gus was actually worse than the score indicated. There were shots early on that he was clearly beaten on, but either hit iron, or just missed. He wasn’t bad, but not good, either.

The team played reasonably well, but Kaprizov has to finish when he is alone on a breakaway with no one bothering him. That, and a couple of misses by Foligno, and others, just can’t happen if you expect to win in the playoffs. We’re simply not good enough to waste chances like that.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
That wasn’t even close to the reason why we lost. Sundqvist is barely faster than Reaves, in any event.

Gus was actually worse than the score indicated. There were shots early on that he was clearly beaten on, but either hit iron, or just missed. He wasn’t bad, but not good, either.

The team played reasonably well, but Kaprizov has to finish when he is alone on a breakaway with no one bothering him. That, and a couple of misses by Foligno, and others, just can’t happen if you expect to win in the playoffs. We’re simply not good enough to waste chances like that.
I’m more so thinking for PK purposes. I’d rather have someone that can actually play defensively responsible hockey in our bottom 6. Reaves gets <10 minutes a game and he doesn’t play on the PK.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
We deserved a better fate in that game, but had to expect them to steal one or more off of goalie play. Time to dig deep and get another road victory, Kap straight up needs to be better, the depth is doing its job, he is just not being effective and that line has had way too many turnovers.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I feel like we already lost this series, but the score is even. Just because it feels like we are going to see Flower in net next game. I don´t trust Dean to make any other adjustments than putting in a has been who never was that much to begin with. To see Nyqvist only getting half of Zukes TOI and playing with plugs who can´t score to save their lives is heartbreaking. So many times he set up Foligno (with hands of stone) or not recieving any passes back when he is in a prime position to score.
Or sitting Sunny who is a proven playoff performer instead of said Hands Of Stone.
Disheartening.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I feel like we already lost this series, but the score is even. Just because it feels like we are going to see Flower in net next game. I don´t trust Dean to make any other adjustments than putting in a has been who never was that much to begin with. To see Nyqvist only getting half of Zukes TOI and playing with plugs who can´t score to save their lives is heartbreaking. So many times he set up Foligno (with hands of stone) or not recieving any passes back when he is in a prime position to score.
Or sitting Sunny who is a proven playoff performer instead of said Hands Of Stone.
Disheartening.
So, in short, you're disappointed they're not playing the Swedes.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Disheartening.
Zucc and Foligno both contributed to the Game 3 win.

We’re simply not icing our best lineup and I’m hoping Dean recognizes that. It’s unfortunate we’re down two of our best PKers and that’s been solely the reason this team is tied in the series instead of up. We’ve outclassed them at 5v5, but our PK is atrocious.

Need Sunny in there for Reaves and need to mix some lines up.

I’d like to see:

Zucc - Hartman - Kap
Johansson - Boldy - Nyquist
Foligno - Gaudreau - Sundqvist
Steel - Dewar - Duhaime

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So, in short, you're disappointed they're not playing the Swedes.
That is pretty short. I think they should play whoever is best at the moment and that does not include Flower or Foligno. Maybe Zuke can perform better if he gets more rest between shifts. Do you disagree?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This team has never been up 3-1 in a series in their history. They are first round fodder year in and year out because for whatever reason they are cursed. They can’t close a series out. They can’t put a clearly inferior team down and out. There is zero killer instinct. Dallas is not a good team. Refs , hot goalie , bad luck luck , Jupiter aligned with Venus , bad coaching decisions , injuries and on and on and on. The list of excuses is miles long and it’s always the same result.

Does anyone actually think we are coming back to MN up 3-2? It’s not f***ing happening. I don’t know what has to change , I don’t know where this culture of ineptitude is derived from. What I do know is the feeling of inevitability and knowing what’s going to happen and then watching it play out exactly like it does every year is almost too much.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Zucc and Foligno both contributed to the Game 3 win.

We’re simply not icing our best lineup and I’m hoping Dean recognizes that. It’s unfortunate we’re down two of our best PKers and that’s been solely the reason this team is tied in the series instead of up. We’ve outclassed them at 5v5, but our PK is atrocious.

Need Sunny in there for Reaves and need to mix some lines up.

I’d like to see:

Zucc - Hartman - Kap
Johansson - Boldy - Nyquist
Foligno - Gaudreau - Sundqvist
Steel - Dewar - Duhaime
I like those lines a lot better. Reavo playing 8 minutes is not needed right now. Sunny & Nyqvist can kill penalties so top line can get more rest and hopefully more energy. The thing is we can´t rely on bottom 9 to win this series. Kap must step up and the other two must support him and his speed better.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I like those lines a lot better. Reavo playing 8 minutes is not needed right now. Sunny & Nyqvist can kill penalties so top line can get more rest and hopefully more energy. The thing is we can´t rely on bottom 9 to win this series. Kap must step up and the other two must support him and his speed better.

Yeah if Kap performed like he did last year, this might have been a clean sweep. Both him and Boldy need to get on the scoresheet. I’m hoping that’s what we see in these next couple of games.

I’m assuming the Stars are getting Pavelski back either this upcoming game or the next, so we’re going to have to start scoring more.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Yes if Boldy can get back his incredible scoring touch he had recently when eveything went in we should be good.
And I had really high hopes going into this last game after Zukes game 3 where he was fantastic, not only because he scored, but he was good otherwise too. Then he reverts back so I guess that made me so much disappointed knowing how good he can really be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad