Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
z

I hate that we've become the new Nashville. Suter was great for us (minus his contract, but that's not on him). Playing hard and a bit dirty in the playoffs is.... playoff hockey. Quit with the booing and chants

@TaLoN @pfunk as far as noise and energy level from the crowd, was yesterday near the top? It sounded LOUD on tv
I don't know if the rumors of his behind the scenes crap with the GM & owner are true. I have a strong feeling they are. And based on that feeling, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

Dallas fans don't even really seem to like him much.

Reactions: TaLoN

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
z

I hate that we've become the new Nashville. Suter was great for us (minus his contract, but that's not on him). Playing hard and a bit dirty in the playoffs is.... playoff hockey. Quit with the booing and chants

@TaLoN @pfunk as far as noise and energy level from the crowd, was yesterday near the top? It sounded LOUD on tv
It was real loud at times yeah. Certainly more energy than regular season. I feel like I remember some really high energy crowds back in 2014 against Colorado, so maybe not the top but it was good.

When Ek was announced for the starting lineup it was real loud. Shaw had the place ready to blow for Let’s Play Hockey. The suter sucks chants had sustained energy all night. Otherwise fans at the X seem to get loud at appropriate times and just wanna watch hockey and have a good time otherwise. So the constant “make noise” stuff gets old.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Suter didn't take the bait.

Well if that’s how he and his boys play when they are “pumped up”, I’m good with it.

I don’t particulary like booing a guy that played here for many years and played very well for much of that time. But if his way of ramping up playoff intensity is to cross check Kirill in the back away from the play multiple times, then I don’t blame the fans for the boos and chants. These players always say how they stay away from social media and the papers. So as a fan this is the one way you can voice your displeasure and KNOW your message gets across.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well if that’s how he and his boys play when they are “pumped up”, I’m good with it.

I don’t particulary like booing a guy that played here for many years and played very well for much of that time. But if his way of ramping up playoff intensity is to cross check Kirill in the back away from the play multiple times, then I don’t blame the fans for the boos and chants. These players always say how they stay away from social media and the papers. So as a fan this is the one way you can voice your displeasure and KNOW your message gets across.
IMO, this is better earned villainy for him than the Preds had. He went dirty on Kap multiple times in the same manner that destroyed his best bud's back. He knows the damage that can cause.

I'm not usually one to boo or heckle former Wild players, but I will boo Suter again tomorrow. Something I did not do in the regular season with him.

In fact, up until last night, Wild fans still proudly sported his jersey all season. He changed that by going dirty on Kap.

Reactions: MK9 and pfunk

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
IMO, this is better earned villainy for him than the Preds had. He went dirty on Kap multiple times in the same manner that destroyed his best bud's back. He knows the damage that can cause.

I'm not usually one to boo or heckle former Wild players, but I will boo Suter again tomorrow. Something I did not do in the regular season with him.

In fact, up until last night, Wild fans still proudly sported his jersey all season. He changed that by going dirty on Kap.
You show him :thumbu:

Reactions: TaLoN

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Maybe this is true, or maybe the Wild are up 3-0 instead. We will never really know. The only thing I know is that Gus has given the Wild the better chance to win on a regular basis, so I was a bit annoyed that they went to Fleury.

I will say, conditioning was an issue with Gus going into this season, so it really may be possible that he does need the rest. I don't know for sure.
I have no inside information either so who knows but rest is for July/August. This is not a marathon. Every single goal counts towards current momentum. Pretty much every Stanley Cup winner picks one guy. Look at how many playoff games Vasi has played. The time is now to seize momentum. Gus is exactly the type of game stealer that the Wild needs.
Flowers style does not settle down the Wild. In fact it gets them running around complete disorganized.
I love Flower. I think he's just awesome but he let in 2 soft goals last game. Reminds me of how Dubnyk was. Really awesome for a stint, then a softie.
I have seen very few softies by Gus. BS luck? Sure. Who cares. Flower wasn't a Stanley Cup winner at one point too.

Unless of course injury or fatigue but I doubt either. It's Evason, "doing what we do all year"
Go Wild!

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
My children have better patience when we promise them we're going to the local hockey store to check out the new arrivals of hockey tape. Yeesh.
futurama-serious.gif

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So, looking at stats, we lost because of crappy PK and refs. Am I right?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So, looking at stats, we lost because of crappy PK and refs. Am I right?
Gus was not great, refs were making up calls on Foligno, penalty kill is horrendous, and for some reason we walked two 2-on-1s into the corner without a shot.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Power play also looked disorganized. Unforced errors.
With Ek out Boldy needs to go to center.

It’s very nice Foligno had a good game 3. But he truly has lead hands. Was setup perfectly by Nyquist and Gaudreau. I think those two need to shoot like Hartman.

Mojo who was sniping like mad game 3 decided to skate a 2-1 into the corner when he had a clear shot.

Zuc scored on a rebound in front game 3, seems that instead of missing the net completely picking corners , bouncing shot off pads for a rebound might work?

I guess this “ heavy hockey” reputation has really energized the refs to create penalties on a clean shoulder check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad