Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
First game I've had a chance to watch since preseason and the thing that stood out most versus Wild playoff teams in the past was the passing. Seemed like every line and pairing was able to make passes quickly and connect on them, which has been like pulling teeth in previous years. Maybe that's on Dallas as much as the Wild, but still.

One thing I already appreciate about the deadline acquisition guys is that none of them hesitate much with the puck. I guess Klingberg was a little more deliberate about things, but defensemen should probably graded on a curve. Nyqvist and Johansson were both playing at playoff speed, which our supporting cast players have always seemed to struggle with. Very refreshing.

Not having to spend the game worrying about a good performance being wasted by a missed save was a relief too.

I don't imagine Dallas will make it that easy again, but still. Different vibe from previous years, and kudos to Guerin because a lot of it was coming from recent acquisitions (including Faber).

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Let´s not forget Foligno and Zuke, the best game from them in a very long time. I have been disappointed in them both, but man did they made me look like a fool

Reactions: fgobuzz and MK9

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Let´s not forget Foligno and Zuke, the best game from them in a very long time. I have been disappointed in them both, but man did they made me look like a fool
You’re not alone. My dad and I were in our seats during warmups and I didn’t see Nyquist on the ice. I was just going off to him about how idiotic Deano would have to be to sit him over someone like Foligno who has struggled pretty hard. Then Moose goes out and plays a gem of a game.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You’re not alone. My dad and I were in our seats during warmups and I didn’t see Nyquist on the ice. I was just going off to him about how idiotic Deano would have to be to sit him over someone like Foligno who has struggled pretty hard. Then Moose goes out and plays a gem of a game.
You mean Sundqvist?

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
You mean Sundqvist?
No i did mean Nyquist. I was looking for him out there and i just didn’t catch him at first in warmups. And i started to panic thinking he was a scratch because i did see Steel and Sundqvist. Sundqvist and Steel were actually out for warmups for awhile so it was a mystery who was gonna be scratched.

Reactions: Sweetnut

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No i did mean Nyquist. I was looking for him out there and i just didn’t catch him at first in warmups. And i started to panic thinking he was a scratch because i did see Steel and Sundqvist. Sundqvist and Steel were actually out for warmups for awhile so it was a mystery who was gonna be scratched.
That's because Hartman and Ek were game time decisions, both thought they could go, Ek unfortunately misjudged. Hartman was great though.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So did you and your dad enjoyed Nyqvist´s performance?

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
So did you and your dad enjoyed Nyqvist´s performance?
Thought he was fantastic. Never stands out in a flashy way but seems incredibly poised with the puck. Uses his body well to shield the puck and find open teammates. Doesn’t make low reward, high risk plays. Defensively responsible all the time. Just a very smart hockey player with good but not great skill is what he looks like to me. Really like his game a lot and think guys like this are vital this time of year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And Dumba too. He’s been good and his ability to absolutely destroy people with clean old school hockey hits has to be accounted for.
Playoff Dumba has been great, if this is the last we see of him in a Wild uniform, he's definitely going out in style

I know there's been a lot of Wild fans who haven't liked him, but I'll sure as hell miss him!

Reactions: Southern Minny

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Playoff Dumba has been great, if this is the last we see of him in a Wild uniform, he's definitely going out in style

I know there's been a lot of Wild fans who haven't liked him, but I'll sure as hell miss him!
I think uncertainty weighed on him early in the year. I wonder if he/agent and Guerin had some discussions and there’s a possibility he’s being brought back.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we can unlock Kaprizov we could really be dangerous. Throw last years Kaprizov into this lineup and this team good legitimately do damage.

If nothing else, this will really give my confidence in Guerin’s ability to make similar deadline aquisitions throughout the duration of the dead cap.

Reactions: TaLoN

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
I think uncertainty weighed on him early in the year. I wonder if he/agent and Guerin had some discussions and there’s a possibility he’s being brought back.
It could be, Dumba decides what he'll play for ultimately. He's made good money, would he rather be here more than the money? who knows time will tell. Sometimes he's made mistakes, but I've always been a fan of his since we drafted him. Would be great if he was to stay.

Reactions: TaLoN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If we could move Middleton , Goligoski and Fluery then there’s a shot this lineup could be kept together.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I think with a steady Eddie like Faber around, it allows Dumba to be more edgy and physical. Both he and Middleton are guys who bring the overt physicality, but in the past, you needed Dumba on the ice to help kill penalties, or give minutes. Having Faber around alleviates that somewhat, and he can go out and do what he does best, which is be a fast, emotional, good skating, physical dman. While he is not scoring like he used to, he still has good PMD skills, which is also helpful.
If he happens to take a penalty, or take another with him in offsetting penalties, it doesn't leave us as undermanned as it used to.

I'm rooting for him. I hope he has a great playoffs, then goes out and gets a great contract in the off season.... hopefully in the East. He'd be one of those players that would be a massive PITA to play against.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Very interesting presser by Evason last night. Clearly irritated when he said this...

"Somebody told me there's been some negative press around Zuccarello, well I don't read all that crap. He's been unbelievable for us. I know what he does in the room. I know how he conducts himself as a pro. I know he's a leader of our hockey club".

Russo is in the hot seat...

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Very interesting presser by Evason last night. Clearly irritated when he said this...

"Somebody told me there's been some negative press around Zuccarello, well I don't read all that crap. He's been unbelievable for us. I know what he does in the room. I know how he conducts himself as a pro. I know he's a leader of our hockey club".

Russo is in the hot seat...
No, he's not.

Reactions: fgobuzz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad