Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Feel free to make a GDT, I’m busy at the moment so I cant make one

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Can't really think any of any high quality scoring chance from Stars in G3. Even the lone goal was them capitalizing on a broken play.

Night and day difference from G2, even if you account for the goalie difference.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
On the topic of goalie rotations - from an Athletic article:

Screenshot-2023-04-20-at-1.49.34-PM.png

Athletic didn't notice or recognize that it was the same Wild that by stubbornly playing dreadful playoff performer Dubnyk (30% WR) completely destroyed their last cup window.

I'm still happy that even if the history doesn't recognize that, the Wild have still taken a note. While Fleury (unlike Dubnyk) IS a playoff goalie, it can still be worth it to give the other guy a chance to show what he could do.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Just caught up to the game, sadly had no chance to watch it live.

From highlights and stats, it seemed like a tight-checking affair that we excelled in, opening up after we got that second 2-goal lead?

Reactions: The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Sadly fell asleep for the last part of the game. I'm really looking forward to Sunday and perhaps later rounds where the time of night will not play an impact on any of us.

Great game Wild! I still hope Ek can come back. That really sucked when he went off after the first shift. Please don't put us in those kind of situations again coaching and training staff.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Had a party at our deer camp to watch the game and cell reception was so poor it wouldn’t stream. Missed most of it by the time I got back into town. Sounds like the team played excellent. I’m kinda shocked Dallas came out flat.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't really think any of any high quality scoring chance from Stars in G3. Even the lone goal was them capitalizing on a broken play.

Night and day difference from G2, even if you account for the goalie difference.
Fleury would have won last night. The team just plays better in front of Gus. Perhaps it’s more trust. Perhaps it’s because he doesn’t give up as many rebounds.

Regardless, all aboard the Gus Bus please!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boldy and JoJo are magic too.

I know Boldy doesn't have a goal, but he's doing everything you could imagine in every zone, his passes are dimes too, making moves to draw in defenders, opening up space for others before slipping that puck by....

When he does get chances for himself, he's making great moves, keeps drawing penalties on the defenders.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Punching up above his weight class in every aspect this series
You need that to happen if you are going to be a successful playoff team. Good opponents gameplan to neutralize the top players, and the further you go, are usually pretty at doing it. It's the no namers who they don't have an answer for. I can see Mojo, Nyquist, and Hartman fitting that description.

Reactions: Sweetnut and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You need that to happen if you are going to be a successful playoff team. Good opponents gameplan to neutralize the top players, and the further you go, are usually pretty at doing it. It's the no namers who they don't have an answer for. I can see Mojo, Nyquist, and Hartman fitting that description.
It's funny, half the people around me at the X last night didn't even know who he was!

"Was that, Hartman? "
"No that was Nyquist"
"Who's he? I don't remember him playing at all this season"
"We picked him up at the trade deadline from the Jackets, but he was injured, so didn't play until the last few games"
"Oh, is he any good?"
"Yeah... pretty good! LOL"

• Wow
Reactions: Sweetnut

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh, and Kaprizov looked closer to his normal self last night. Still not quite right, but he's getting close to breaking out I feel.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It's funny, half the people around me at the X last night didn't even know who he was!

"Was that, Hartman? "
"No that was Nyquist"
"Who's he? I don't remember him playing at all this season"
"We picked him up at the trade deadline from the Jackets, but he was injured, so didn't play until the last few games"
"Oh, is he any good?"
"Yeah... pretty good! LOL"
I don´t think he´s pretty good, I think he´s f***ing awesome

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad