Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Very interesting presser by Evason last night. Clearly irritated when he said this...

"Somebody told me there's been some negative press around Zuccarello, well I don't read all that crap. He's been unbelievable for us. I know what he does in the room. I know how he conducts himself as a pro. I know he's a leader of our hockey club".

Russo is in the hot seat...

It's a shame that such a lengthy career must come to an end because he criticized Zuccarello once.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Very interesting presser by Evason last night. Clearly irritated when he said this...

"Somebody told me there's been some negative press around Zuccarello, well I don't read all that crap. He's been unbelievable for us. I know what he does in the room. I know how he conducts himself as a pro. I know he's a leader of our hockey club".

No he's not. Russo was telling the truth. Dean is just backing his guys, that's expected.

Zucc had been struggling, then last night he played his best game in a LONG TIME and the first time he's truly showed up for the Wild in the post season.

It's not Russo's job to kiss Zuccarello's ass, it's his job to tell it as he sees it. Russo was seeing the same as most others and was reporting on it.

Then Zucc has a great game, reported on that too.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
I said it during game 2 but even in a blow-out win, Oettinger looks extremely mortal compared to his regular season and game-1 play. 2.87 GAA, .898 SV%

Compared to 2.37 GAA and .919 GAA in the regular season.

Outside of game 1's 48 shot game, he's allowed 3 goals on 26 shots and 5 goals on 24 shots.

Encouraging.

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019

I don’t think the press questioned any of that. Simply noted his lackluster play for a pretty extended stretch. He’s a good player. Everyone goes through bad stretches. But everyone is still subject to criticism on their on ice performance.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
No he's not. Russo was telling the truth. Dean is just backing his guys, that's expected.

Zucc had been struggling, then last night he played his best game in a LONG TIME and the first time he's truly showed up for the Wild in the post season.

It's not Russo's job to kiss Zuccarello's ass, it's his job to tell it as he sees it. Russo was seeing the same as most others and was reporting on it.

Then Zucc has a great game, reported on that too.
Pretty much this.

Every forum I visit (here, Reddit, Twitter, etc.) have said Zucc has been on a downswing the last couple months and was non-existent while Kaprizov was out.

It wasn't just Russo.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I said it during game 2 but even in a blow-out win, Oettinger looks extremely mortal compared to his regular season and game-1 play. 2.87 GAA, .898 SV%

Outside of game 1's 48 shot game, he's allowed 3 goals on 26 shots and 5 goals on 24 shots.

Encouraging.

I'm telling you guys, while it wasn't a popular decision, resting Gus in game 2 was a wise decision on Evason's part. Oettinger seems more and more mortal as the games go on. Gus looks fresh.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Encouraging.
Maybe the whole homecoming and playing in front of all his people and all that stuff took some energy from his perfomance? I don´t know.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm telling you guys, while it wasn't a popular decision, resting Gus in game 2 was a wise decision on Evason's part. Oettinger seems more and more mortal as the games go on. Gus looks fresh.
Maybe this is true, or maybe the Wild are up 3-0 instead. We will never really know. The only thing I know is that Gus has given the Wild the better chance to win on a regular basis, so I was a bit annoyed that they went to Fleury.

I will say, conditioning was an issue with Gus going into this season, so it really may be possible that he does need the rest. I don't know for sure.

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Anybody thinks we get to see Flower in net next game? Because thats the way we do it here, he said

• Wow

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
But were we ever told it had anything to do with keeping him fresh or that he was pushed to the point where he was too overworked to get game 2? Or was it simply keeping with status quo and using a rotation. I think I’d be more accepting of these decisions if I had a better idea where they were coming from. But to just get the same old line of “we’ll continue to talk about it as a staff and do what we have done all year long”, it’s hard to believe it was a conscious decision to keep Gus fresh. I’d like to see Russo push a bit to know what kinds of things are talked about in these goalie decision discussions.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Assuming Ek is out for the series, what options do you see going forward? Should they play Steel at 2C and where is Sunny fitting in?
After Foligno´s revival last game I think he should play, at the same time Sunny looked great in his game. Could we sit Reavo maybe?

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Assuming Ek is out for the series, what options do you see going forward? Should they play Steel at 2C and where is Sunny fitting in?
After Foligno´s revival last game I think he should play, at the same time Sunny looked great in his game. Could we sit Reavo maybe?

I assume they would just roll Boldy at 2C then

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I believe I said this in the GDT but I think it depends on where they want Boldy to play. If they want Boldy playing center, I think Sundqvist cracks the lineup. If they don't want Boldy playing center, I think Steel cracks the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I believe I said this in the GDT but I think it depends on where they want Boldy to play. If they want Boldy playing center, I think Sundqvist cracks the lineup. If they don't want Boldy playing center, I think Steel cracks the lineup.
Makes sense. At the same time, Sunny is also a center, and has a good chunk more experience.
I would like to see both Sammy and Sunny in the lineup next game. More options than playing Reavo for 8 minutes against this soft Sallad team

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anybody thinks we get to see Flower in net next game? Because thats the way we do it here, he said

I think it's likely Gus gets the net again, but I'm not confident about it

• Wow

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Man, what a game. Just felt like total control the entire time, even with only 11 forwards all game. This type of performance makes you feel good about potentially making a run. Really need game 4.

Shout outs to Dumba (what has gotten into him lately? he's so good now), Nyquist, Johansson, Zucc last night.

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Also annoying we don't have a start time for game 5 yet. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if the Devils get swept.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also annoying we don't have a start time for game 5 yet. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if the Devils get swept.
7pm, they said after last night's game
Screenshot_20230422_140739_Chrome.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Wild11MN

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
z
Suter didn't take the bait.

I hate that we've become the new Nashville. Suter was great for us (minus his contract, but that's not on him). Playing hard and a bit dirty in the playoffs is.... playoff hockey. Quit with the booing and chants

@TaLoN @pfunk as far as noise and energy level from the crowd, was yesterday near the top? It sounded LOUD on tv

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
z

I hate that we've become the new Nashville. Suter was great for us (minus his contract, but that's not on him). Playing hard and a bit dirty in the playoffs is.... playoff hockey. Quit with the booing and chants

@TaLoN @pfunk as far as noise and energy level from the crowd, was yesterday near the top? It sounded LOUD on tv
It was up there with the best of then that I recall
The X can get pretty damn loud when the crowd is energized, and this one was palpable long before the players came to the ice!

Hoping to see that same energy tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad