Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Crap, you can tell I haven't been paying close attention to Iowa for the last month or so. What happened to Hunt?

So we are going to be giving up 5 goals tonight. That's what you are saying.

That's tomorrow night against TOR.

Goli/Dumba was the top pair (in minutes) and okay(ish) when Brodin was out for a stint earlier this year.

Middleton/Spurgeon not being able, coaches refuse, or whatever to step up and play Suter minutes is the an issue going back to last season and Playoffs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Crap, you can tell I haven't been paying close attention to Iowa for the last month or so. What happened to Hunt?

No info on Hunt. Too bad, but he can’t seem to stay healthy. Maybe someone with better internet sleuthing skills can find out, but I am not going to go through Army’s post and pre- gamers. The guy rambles.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
No info on Hunt. Too bad, but he can’t seem to stay healthy. Maybe someone with better internet sleuthing skills can find out, but I am not going to go through Army’s post and pre- gamers. The guy rambles.
I had asked on one of Russo's tweets a week ago, and got a response that just said "he's hurt" from a codyghunt10.. which I am probably reading too much into but same last name and Daemon's JR number.. could have been a relative, or could have been nothing. :naughty:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

A whole hell of a lot better than having Goli/Addison on the same pair!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
In other words, he came back too soon.

Meh, I don't know about coming back too soon. For a lot of injuries they just end up nagging all year long, but won't get better without missing half the season. The players aren't really broken and can work, but they aren't 100% either.

This sounds like every vehicle I've ever owned and me all of my working adult life.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Is it me or is our defense just injury prone?

Not sure. How many games lost does our blueline have in comparison to the rest of the league? My gut tells me that we're not any more injury-prone at that position. Since defenders block a lot of shots, they are more prone for injury, in general.

57 games played thus far:

Spurgeon - 57
Middleton - 56
Dumba - 55
Brodin - 49
Merrill - 53
Addison - 52 (5 healthy scratches)

Looking at the games played, I would guess that our blueline has been relatively healthy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Meh, I don't know about coming back too soon. For a lot of injuries they just end up nagging all year long, but won't get better without missing half the season. The players aren't really broken and can work, but they aren't 100% either.

This sounds like every vehicle I've ever owned and me all of my working adult life.
That could be a fun game to pass the time. What kind of car would 'player x' be? :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That could be a fun game to pass the time. What kind of car would 'player x' be? :laugh:

I have a few already.
Brodin: Steve McQueen's Jaguar.
jag+xkss+gallery+shot.jpg

Everything about it is just sleek and smooth, but it's a Jag so it's in the shop at least once a season.

Merrill: 1980's F-150

images

Addison: 90's Honda Civic with a wing and a stock engine.

12-1582647139605.jpg

Spurgeon: Mini Rally car
wrc-rally-deutschland-2011-kris-meeke-and-paul-nagle-mini-john-cooper-works-mini-wrc-team.jpg

Doesn't look like much but is surprisingly good.

Dumba: Lifted pickup.
White-Rock_1024x1024.png

I kind of like it, I kind of hate it. I so many questions buy they are all one one word "Why?" I can't help but look though.

Middleton: Toyota Camry Liftback
29482-1200.jpg

The car you get this car when you're broke. It'll run forever, but there isn't anything else of note (good or bad) about it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I have a few already.
Brodin: Steve McQueen's Jaguar.
jag+xkss+gallery+shot.jpg

Everything about it is just sleek and smooth, but it's a Jag so it's in the shop at least once a season.

Merrill: 1980's F-150

images

Addison: 90's Honda Civic with a wing and a stock engine.

12-1582647139605.jpg

Spurgeon: Mini Rally car
wrc-rally-deutschland-2011-kris-meeke-and-paul-nagle-mini-john-cooper-works-mini-wrc-team.jpg

Doesn't look like much but is surprisingly good.

Dumba: Lifted pickup.
White-Rock_1024x1024.png

I kind of like it, I kind of hate it. I so many questions buy they are all one one word "Why?" I can't help but look though.

Middleton: Toyota Camry Liftback
29482-1200.jpg

The car you get this car when you're broke. It'll run forever, but there isn't anything else of note (good or bad) about it.
Hahaha....Spurgeon.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hahaha....Spurgeon.

We owned a MINI Cooper. I hated that car. I didn't fit in it and it was an absolute PITA to work on. The wife loved it because it was cute and zippy.

The MINI rally/Dakar car really impresses me when I see it racing.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We owned a MINI Cooper. I hated that car. I didn't fit in it and it was an absolute PITA to work on. The wife loved it because it was cute and zippy.

The MINI rally/Dakar car really impresses me when I see it racing.
God I loved hated my mini. So freaking expensive to fix.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I worked with a guy a long time ago who had three original Mini Coopers, and parts from a bunch more. And yes, he was 6’4”.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
God I loved hated my mini. So freaking expensive to fix.

You had to take the entire front end apart to do almost everything. So many shop hours for everything, and the parts are on the expensive side.

The wife was pissed when I told her to junk it when it needed a new clutch (cheap part to buy). I got the whole well can't you just do it? I told her "I can" then gave her the Dana Carvey "not gonna do it" Bush Sr impression. Then I showed her a video of everything that had to be disassembled and then reassembled.

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Greenway….big, gas guzzler, not terribly nimble……it’s not even the Wagon Queen Family Truckster
E4A7A4BE-BA9C-4075-B55D-808B7DEA735E.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad