Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think "bad" stops at Philly. Then it's us (on our way down), Detroit, Calgary, Buffalo, Florida (on their way up I think), Nashville and the Islanders in a group above that, whatever you want to call it. Mediocre, probably.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs and AKL

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I guess I view "bad" in a different semantic light than others here. I view the Wild and Sabres and other bubble teams as "flawed". I view the Ducks and Coyotes as "bad", and those are two clearly different tiers. But yeah, if you think the Wild fit your definition of bad, then the Sabre's most certainly do, too.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’m gonna watch the game tonight , haven’t watched the last 5-6 aside from a few pieces. I want to watch Beckman though. I get excited to see young talent

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Felt like this was more suited for this thread than the GDT.

5v5 numbers

HDCF/60
21-22: 10.81
22-23: 10.74

HDSF/60
21-22: 8.26
22-23: 7.35

HDSH%
21-22: 19.05%
22-23: 15.45%

What I take away from this:
1) the numbers are almost identical for corsi
2) HD shots for are less, possibly because the Wild have a tendency to shoot wide in scoring chances and therefore it isn’t rendered a shot. The Wild are not great at aiming their shots.
3) HD shooting percentage would seem to confirm my above point in that the Wild are not great at shooting compared to the year before.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Goligoski AND Addison in the lineup? We're in trouble.

It's a for game against CBJ and Gus in(?) net, so I'm not too concerned. The 2nd game of the back to back against TOR with MAF in net that it will be interesting.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
5178E726-0C95-4A54-8E43-A11E7C95B3C5.jpeg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Mermis is in tonight. Probably means Addison scratched for a 5th straight game
JFC. Mermis is a guy who has no future on this team. Sounds like Addison doesn’t either.

If they are trying to pump up his trade value this is a funny way to go about it.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

So Brodin to miss a few games… Merrill not on the trip….

Seems like an excellent time to see where O’Rourke/Hunt are in terms of NHL play.

Nah, let’s give Mermis the time!

JFC. Mermis is a guy who has no future on this team. Sounds like Addison doesn’t either.

If they are trying to pump up his trade value this is a funny way to go about it.
Maybe Addison is in after all…

Middleton-Spurgeon
Mermis-Dumba
Goligoski-Addison

Am I missing someone?

:help:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Seems like an excellent time to see where O’Rourke/Hunt are in terms of NHL play.

Middleton-Spurgeon
Mermis-Dumba
Goligoski-Addison

Am I missing someone?

Russo just said that Addison will play.

Hunt is injured, I think. Hasn’t played for 3 weeks or so. He can’t seem to go a year without missing games. Mermis is ok, and probably better than ROR at this point. Decent with the puck, good skater, decent defensively. Not the biggest, but not small. Quite strong, and will drop the gloves. Would be the toughest D besides Middleton.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Middleton-Spurgeon
Mermis-Dumba
Goligoski-Addison

Am I missing someone?

It'll be:
Goli/Dumba
Middleton/Spurgeon
Mermis/Addison

Mermis is better than ROR (Hunt is inured), and whoever the callup is is going to be playing with Addison 5v5, and PK time if one of the d-men are in the box. They'll probably try to run the more even minutes due to it being a set of back-to-backs. Pretty simple decision for me.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Russo just said that Addison will play.

Hunt is injured, I think. Hasn’t played for 3 weeks or so. He can’t seem to go a year without missing games. Mermis is ok, and probably better than ROR at this point. Decent with the puck, good skater, decent defensively. Not the biggest, but not small. Quite strong, and will drop the gloves. Would be the toughest D besides Middleton.
Crap, you can tell I haven't been paying close attention to Iowa for the last month or so. What happened to Hunt?

It'll be:
Goli/Dumba
Middleton/Spurgeon
Mermis/Addison

Mermis is better than ROR (Hunt is inured), and whoever the callup is is going to be playing with Addison 5v5, and PK time if one of the d-men are in the box. They'll probably try to run the more even minutes due to it being a set of back-to-backs. Pretty simple decision for me.
So we are going to be giving up 5 goals tonight. That's what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad