Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Glad we got rid of that cancer from our locker room. Those guys in CO and BUF were right about him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They still have his player profile on the website. :(

ROR_Wild.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
An interesting stat I noticed:
After 59 games this year MN:
-184 times on the PP with 43 goals. 23.4% pp%

The last 59 games of last season:
-184 times on the PP with 43 goals. 23.4 pp%

59 games into the 19-20 season:
-184 times on the PP with 40g , 21.7%

Wabit

May 23, 2016
23 games left, but few meaningful ones (+.500 teams) against teams that can make point standings for the Playoffs.
Central:
-Jets x 2 (home/away)
-Col x 1 (away)
-NSH x 1 (away)

Pacific (WC)
-CGY x 2 (home/away)
-VGK x 2 (home/away)
-SEA x1 (home)

That makes 9 games. I think VGK is locked into the top-3 in the Pacific, so take out 2 those games. I think NSH is sellers and going to drop out, so take out that game. So I think it's down to 6 games.

The 2 games against CGY, right after the TDL, are the biggest must win in regulation games (imo). If MN can take all 4 points and CGY gets 0 it's a big step for locking themselves into the Playoffs.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Nah. Zucc won’t be here past next season. No point in getting a t-shirt with his name on it. Might as well set $20 on fire.
Well you probably don't believe Russo, but he said the Wild will do everything in their power to keep Zucc for another 2-3 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well you probably don't believe Russo, but he said the Wild will do everything in their power to keep Zucc for another 2-3 years.

Where did he say that. Because just today in his mailbag, he clearly did not say that.

I think they talk to him about an extension at a major discount off his current $6 million, but if it were me, I’d wait and see how he performs. He’s 35, and although he got off to a great start this season and has 57 points in 58 games, he hasn’t been nearly as good the past six weeks. Not nearly as dynamic and turning the puck over half a dozen times nightly. But, yes, they have to keep Kaprizov happy, and extending “Zuccy” would make him happy. — Russo

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I like Zucc, but at his age I would be hesitant to offer him anything beyond a 2-year deal at slightly less than his current AAV. Something like a 1-year deal at $5 million or a 2-year deal at $4 million AAV.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Where did he say that. Because just today in his mailbag, he clearly did not say that.
Russo gave these specific numbers on his podcast with LaPanta last night:
2-3 years
$3-4M AAV

Then he went on a tangent about how he would wait to sign him to see how he plays.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Obviously, you have to wait to see how next year plays out, but he should be worth something like 2/13.5Mon the open market. The guy is a # RW …maybe not an elite one, but a damn good one who meshes perfectly with our franchise player.

Expecting him to re- up at a half that, leaving 6-7M on the table….I wouldn’t do it, in his shoes. It will probably be his last contract. Someone like Seattle or Dallas would be glad to have him.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What Russo first said to Norwegian media is that the Wild will do everything they can to keep Zuccarello. But now he thinks the Wild can wait, I think that would be a mistake.

Russo doesn't understand what's going on. Due to lack of secondary scoring Zucc as a playmaker is forced to play more aggressive to create chances. This is of course a risky game that will produce more turnovers, but Evason is fine with it, this is better than no scoring chances at all.

We've seen Zucc's market value at around $9M. Even I think that's too much, but there will for sure be takers when he becomes a UFA, offers way higher than 3-4M. Zucc will be a dangerous addition to any cup contender.

But I'm sure he'll have a chat with Guerin. Either he will accept an offer, or I see a trade next year at the TDL.

Reactions: 57special

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
What Russo first said to Norwegian media is that the Wild will do everything they can to keep Zuccarello. But now he thinks the Wild can wait, I think that would be a mistake.

Russo doesn't understand what's going on. Due to lack of secondary scoring Zucc as a playmaker is forced to play more aggressive to create chances. This is of course a risky game that will produce more turnovers, but Evason is fine with it, this is better than no scoring chances at all.

We've seen Zucc's market value at around $9M. Even I think that's too much, but there will for sure be takers when he becomes a UFA, offers way higher than 3-4M. Zucc will be a dangerous addition to any cup contender.

But I'm sure he'll have a chat with Guerin. Either he will accept an offer, or I see a trade next year at the TDL.
I think Russo knows more about what's going on than you do. No offense.

Reactions: Wild11MN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Zuccs value is 100% due to Kap. No Kap = 60pt Zucc in decline as he ages out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad