Proposal: Minnesota - Ottawa Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
If that makes you feel better, that’s fine. When Brady takes a run at Kaprisov, and no-one on the ice does anything . I’m sure you’d enjoy that, right. But you seem to enjoy soft hockey.

Anyways it’s a dumb thread, Brady isn’t going anywhere, and not for Boldy.
We have Foligno, you clown. We've had Reaves and Deslauries and multiple other goons. We aren't paying them $8M and they aren't one of our leading scorers. See the difference?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We have Foligno, you clown. We've had Reaves and Deslauries and multiple other goons. We aren't paying them $8M and they aren't one of our leading scorers. See the difference?
I didn’t realize they played on the first line.

Love how the GenZ and gen alphas like to throw out names like clowns, all it does is make the poster one, and show that they’re still a kid.

Reactions: Bileur and Sens9292

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Draws more penalties than any player in the league in last 5 years.
He draws more than he takes, so gives his team more PP opportunities.

According to NHL stats, his net penalties over the last three seasons is +4. So it doesn't really matter how many penalties he draws, he's only given his team 4 more PP's than PK's in the last three seasons. That's tied for 251st best in the league in that time. So the whole argument of he draws more than he takes, technically yeah, but it's negligible. He's not really helping his team in that regard, he's just neutral.

Reactions: Eegs

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
According to NHL stats, his net penalties over the last three seasons is +4. So it doesn't really matter how many penalties he draws, he's only given his team 4 more PP's than PK's in the last three seasons. That's tied for 251st best in the league in that time. So the whole argument of he draws more than he takes, technically yeah, but it's negligible. He's not really helping his team in that regard, he's just neutral.
I posted the link he drew the most for the last 5 seasons.

Now tell me where he ranked last year on penalties drawn taken.
He was a plus 11
38 minors drawn , 27 minors taken

This past season

Last edited:
Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Why would the Wild do this? They have difficulty making the playoffs, so why continue the tradition by trading for Tkachuk?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I posted the link he drew the most for the last 5 seasons.

Now tell me where he ranked last year on penalties drawn taken.
This most recent year he was 3rd in penalties drawn. He was also 5th in penalties taken. He was 85th in net penalties. The year prior he was 5th in penalties drawn and 3rd in penalties taken, 267th in net penalties.

He draws a lot of penalties, consistently, yes. No one is disputing that. But it doesn't really matter that much if he's also consistently taking a lot of penalties. Anything he draws just cancels out what he takes. Like I said. Past three seasons, for all the penalties he draws, he's only given his team 4 more PP's than PK's. 4 more in three seasons. The difference is negligible.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Which power forwards might those be?

Neither McDavid or Drai are prototypical power forwards.

Nobody on FLA qualifies as a Power Forward....Matthew Tkachuk might drive the net...but the kid is 6'2 200lbs soaking wet....he ain't it.

So who honestly are you talking about?

The hot takes of a fan base who's team is further from competing than a team with 14 million in dead cap.

Gotta love it.
If you think its a hot take to not wanting to trade Brady Tkachuk for a skill scoring winger who he outproduces and is the leader captain and heaviest forward in the league then find a new hobby. Batherson is super similar to boldy great player but not as unique as Tkachuk.

Bennett, Hyman, Nichushkin, Tkachuk, Draisaitl, Kreider, Kempe, all power players that make room with physicality, skill and heavy play. That's what works in the playoffs.

Boldy being compared to Brady, along with some saying he's better. What am I reading in this thread.
Dilusion.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
This most recent year he was 3rd in penalties drawn. He was also 5th in penalties taken. He was 85th in net penalties. The year prior he was 5th in penalties drawn and 3rd in penalties taken, 267th in net penalties.

He draws a lot of penalties, consistently, yes. No one is disputing that. But it doesn't really matter that much if he's also consistently taking a lot of penalties. Anything he draws just cancels out what he takes. Like I said. Past three seasons, for all the penalties he draws, he's only given his team 4 more PP's than PK's. 4 more in three seasons. The difference is negligible.
Brady was +11 last year, you keep throwing out numbers, but zero to back it up yet, could be right, I don’t know.

Let’s see the list 23/24 numbers, how does that compare with physical players as well.

Minors drawn / minors taken he’s a net positive, which is very good for the type of player he is.

Don’t forget the WHOLE REASON , I brought it up, was cause an uninformed minny fan that likes soft players, said he takes more, which was proven wrong, that’s what I’ve shown, several times. So enjoy your day, I corrected the person, so I’m good now.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brady was +11 last year, you keep throwing out numbers, but zero to back it up yet, could be right, I don’t know.

Let’s see the list 23/24 numbers, how does that compare with physical players as well.

Minors drawn / minors taken he’s a net positive, which is very good for the type of player he is.

I told you right away in my first post that I'm using the NHL's stats.

I told you where he ranked in penalties drawn, penalties taken, and net penalties.

If you want to narrow it down to minor penalties because it makes him look better, fine, but then we're going to look at the 4 misconduct penalties he took and 1 game misconduct.

So if he's a net +22 PIM's when looking at minor penalties, what is the calculation looking like when you add in the 40+ minutes of misconduct penalties he's left his team without his presence for?

Now we're discovering that he's actually off the ice due to penalties he takes more than the on ice benefit he gives his team with the penalties he draws, so he's a net negative penalty player now.

So you corrected that post, but at what cost?

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I told you right away in my first post that I'm using the NHL's stats.

I told you where he ranked in penalties drawn, penalties taken, and net penalties.

If you want to narrow it down to minor penalties because it makes him look better, fine, but then we're going to look at the 4 misconduct penalties he took and 1 game misconduct.

So if he's a net +22 PIM's when looking at minor penalties, what is the calculation looking like when you add in the 40+ minutes of misconduct penalties he's left his team without his presence for?

Now we're discovering that he's actually off the ice due to penalties he takes more than the on ice benefit he gives his team with the penalties he draws, so he's a net negative penalty player now.

So you corrected that post, but at what cost?
LMAO,
Even though said I was done, for some bizarre reason you were counting majors and misconducts, as part of having to kill a penalty off.

Now I see why you wouldn’t just go copy link/paste as it would show there was no PP opportunity on the ones you were including.

Brady plays 19/20 minutes a night , he’s not really missing time

Thanks for the laughs dude, much appreciated, cheers.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
LMAO,
Even though said I was done, for some bizarre reason you were counting majors and misconducts, as part of having to kill a penalty off.

Now I see why you wouldn’t just go copy link/paste as it would show there was no PP opportunity on the ones you were including.
Thanks for the laughs dude, much appreciated, cheers.

Tkachuk isn't helping the team at all if he's not on the ice, even if there's no PK.

But misconducts are a 10+ minute penalty that leave his entire team shorthanded, those are absolutely relevant.

He doesn't draw enough penalties to offset those misconducts on top of the minors he takes.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Tkachuk isn't helping the team at all if he's not on the ice, even if there's no PK.

But misconducts are a 10+ minute penalty that leave his entire team shorthanded, those are absolutely relevant.

He doesn't draw enough penalties to offset those misconducts on top of the minors he takes.

Don't forget fighting with the opposing goalie over a whiffed penalty shot.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Minny adding their first or taking Chabot along with Tkatchuk? The value here isn’t even close.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
To get up to speed regarding Unicorns, see these links:
The only relevant fact regarding unicorns is, they don't now, nor have they ever existed. It's a stupid analogy regardless of how common the use is. Use something rare, not something that's completely nonexistent. So, there is your education on them. Stop regurgitating hyperbolic nonsense. And Brady Tkachuk is nowhere near that rare. If he were as impressive as some guys here are trying to peddle him off as, he'd have willed Ottawa to the playoffs on his own by now.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I doubt it. They were pretty close the last season, and Boldy scored one more point at WHC.

Anyway, Minnesota won't trade him for 19 months older winger, who isn't head and shoulder above Matt.
One more point!? Holy cow. He's like an amp that goes to 11!

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

Don’t forget the WHOLE REASON , I brought it up, was cause an uninformed minny fan that likes soft players, said he takes more, which was proven wrong, that’s what I’ve shown, several times. So enjoy your day, I corrected the person, so I’m good now.
You brought it up because you have poor reading comprehension. Not one person said he takes more in this thread, so you didn't correct anyone. You just wasted a bunch of time bragging about Brady Tkachuk. If you want to shout from the rooftops that Brady Tkachuk is a good player, I understand. But getting in fights and his penalty impacts aren't the reason he's good.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
There is minimal difference in value between Tkachuk and Boldy.

No there isn't, there's a sizeable gap. At the moment, he might not quite be a world beater but he continues to get underrated on this site. He will likely have a breakthrough like his brother did.

He's a captain/leader, he fights, is an all around player who plays in the dirty areas and has the skill and ability to be a marquee guy on a contending team.

Boldy will never be that, he's good but his ceiling and upside is way lower than Tkachuk's.

Reactions: Bileur

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No there isn't, there's a sizeable gap. At the moment, he might not quite be a world beater but he continues to get underrated on this site. He will likely have a breakthrough like his brother did.

He's a captain/leader, he fights, is an all around player who plays in the dirty areas and has the skill and ability to be a marquee guy on a contending team.

Boldy will never be that, he's good but his ceiling and upside is way lower than Tkachuk's.
Probably should see that happen first.

• Haha
Reactions: rynryn

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I feel like Boldy's offensive game is being a bit underated here. He's spent a ton of time with 3rd line types the past couple seasons and has still put up good and improved numbers.

He stands a great chance of out producing Brady next year assuming he remains with Kap and JEE.

Tkachuk brings a more complete game, so he holds more value, but I think the gap will continue to narrow in the coming seasons.

I'm much more impressed watching Boldy navigate the offensive zone and manipulate play. He's got vision and IQ I don't see in Brady. Laser wrister doesn't hurt either.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Interesting we are comparing boldy’s last season where he played more with kap to Brady who played with ?? Is stutzle even in the same tier as kap?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tkachuk brings a more complete game, so he holds more value, but I think the gap will continue to narrow in the coming seasons.

When you say complete game, you mean like, hitting and fighting? I can't think of much else that Tkachuk has a sizeable gap in, if any gap. Goal scoring, maybe? Though the gap there isn't actually that big and if Boldy took as many shots as Tkachuk does, he'd outscore him. I think Boldy plays a more responsible game defensively, though I don't think the difference is huge. Definitely more disciplined though.

I understand there's an inflated premium placed upon physicality and I get why, but in terms of skill and talent, there's little difference here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad