Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
SKA is not the first professional sports team, nor the last, to make stupid mistakes, particularly concerning a young talent.

Imagine a word where Askarov is a Calder contender next season and someone tries to diminish that by saying "Yet he couldn't even crack Nashville's roster. Very interesting!"
So can we agree that it can also be the case with Demidov? If that’s the case, it makes your whole point invalid.

The only difference between Michkov and Demidov was Michkov had a 3 years deal and could be loaned out while Demidov could not.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
It certainly speaks volumes in the Michkov vs. Demidov "debate" that "Michkov is a locker room cancer" is the best argument that can be made in Demidov's favor.

SKA can have their reasons for hating Michkov if they did. That doesn't make those reasons valid.

The Flyers are a locker room-obsessed, vibes-dominant organization. Funny that the "locker room cancer" stuff didn't pass their smell test.
Oh ok so SKA just didn't like him without any valid reasons. As for Flyers comment... 6 other teams passed on him too.

Demidov played four games with SKA last season and didn't register a point. Are we sure he can handle the KHL?!
On a fourth line playing minimum minutes? He's killing it in the preseasons at the moment. Captaining the under 22 team at 18 years old. Dominated Sochi, The KHL team Michkov played for last year, all by himself.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So can we agree that it can also be the case with Demidov? If that’s the case, it makes your whole point invalid.

The only difference between Michkov and Demidov was Michkov had a 3 years deal and could be loaned out while Demidov could not.

I don't think that invalidates my point. If you want to argue that Demidov has gotten a raw deal and should have played more in the VHL and KHL the last season or two, then go ahead. But in a debate between two players, where one has high levels of success in those top leagues, and the other does not (for whatever reason that might be), I'm not going to pick the one that might have been able to replicate the success the Michkov actually achieved.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
My Michkov avatar doesn't make the stats any less true: Michkov has been highly successful at levels that Demidov has yet to seriously even play in yet, on top of outperforming him in the levels that Demidov has stuck in.

Yes, SKA loaned out Michkov. Michkov then went on to have the best D+1 season since the KHL was organized. Sounds like we shouldn't be trusting SKA's judgement as infallible.
All true for sure but to play devils advocate, and in fairness to Demidov; there’s just no way to know if SKA would have loaned Demidov if they were able to. Or how well he would have done. Michkov did great but Demidov only having one year on his contract and not being eligible for a loan didn’t have the same playing field.

Reactions: Redpath

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Oh ok so SKA just didn't like him without any valid reasons. As for Flyers comment... 6 other teams passed on him too.

On a fourth line playing minimum minutes? He's killing it in the preseasons at the moment. Captaining the under 22 team at 18 years old. Dominated Sochi, The KHL team Michkov played for last year, all by himself.
Mitchkov averaged three minute a game in those three games he played with SKA.

Checkmate, I sunk your battleship. Good day to you sir.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
It certainly speaks volumes in the Michkov vs. Demidov "debate" that "Michkov is a locker room cancer" is the best argument that can be made in Demidov's favor.

SKA can have their reasons for hating Michkov if they did. That doesn't make those reasons valid.

The Flyers are a locker room-obsessed, vibes-dominant organization. Funny that the "locker room cancer" stuff didn't pass their smell test.
Lol if Danny B is the architect of the vibe squad I hope he instills better values than he did with his son

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
SKA is not the first professional sports team, nor the last, to make stupid mistakes, particularly concerning a young talent.

Imagine a word where Askarov is a Calder contender next season and someone tries to diminish that by saying "Yet he couldn't even crack Nashville's roster. Very interesting!"
I don't know where you were going with this but the Montreal game showed that he was far from being ready.

He'll be a great NHL goalie but I don't expect him to be an NHL starter quite yet. Maybe a year away, a few years away from being at his peak.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't think that invalidates my point. If you want to argue that Demidov has gotten a raw deal and should have played more in the VHL and KHL the last season or two, then go ahead. But in a debate between two players, where one has high levels of success in those top leagues, and the other does not (for whatever reason that might be), I'm not going to pick the one that might have been able to replicate the success the Michkov actually achieved.
His contract and KHL rules says he couldn’t do that.

Also, if Michkov is such a good guy and player, why did he had his contract terminated? Why wouldn’t they keep a talented superstar for another two years instead of letting him walk for nothing?

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

Also, if Michkov is such a good guy and player, why did he had his contract terminated? Why wouldn’t they keep a talented superstar for another two years instead of letting him walk for nothing?

Yes, now please re-read my post, apply whatever rationale you'd like to the part where I say "For whatever reason that may be," and try to comprehend how it still does not make Demidov's lack of record more appealing than Michkov's actual track record.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Can you tell me what in his « offensive » positioning is better than Demidov? Also, what makes him a better « board » player than Demidov? What tools is he using better

Savard?
I think he anticipates the play better . He’s got an uncanny ability to get into “ soft “ areas on the ice which gives me Kucherov vibes in that regard . As far as Savard I could be confusing you with another poster .

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Key word being preseason . Nice start but we’ll see if the points continue to flow so freely when the games count . Exiting prospect nonetheless.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

I think this Michkov vs Demidov debate is so childish but watching those Demidov games shows me this kid is the real deal hes such a threat everytime hes on the ice if he had decent linemates he would have alot more points very exited about him definitely the best prospect we’ve had in years

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
You have like 10 times more posts in this thread than anyone else and then accuses habs fans of "coping" and "seething". What are you? A teenager? No grown man talks like that. Also "i'm not reading all that" over a post consisting of 2 small paragraphs. 2011 join date acting like a dumb ass teenager.

Insulting someone because you can’t provide facts or evidence just shows what kind of person you are lol. I’m not resorting to that on a message board. I hope you get the help you need, you sure do need it. Continue to cope on a message board, punching the air.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Demidov played four games with SKA last season and didn't register a point. Are we sure he can handle the KHL?!
He scored goals in the preseason against Sochi, he’s “generational” that’s what Habs fans told me, in before 12 points in 40 games if he even cracks the KHL roster.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't think so. Malkin was arguably better than Ovechkin for significant stretches of their careers. I think Michkov has a clear edge over Demidov..
Fair enough, but that's with hindsight and no one really expected Malkin to match Ovechkin.

Gun to my head, I think Michkov has the edge over Demidov as of now. I'm just happy we've got one. Things can and likely will change (for better or worse).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Fair enough, but that's with hindsight and no one really expected Malkin to match Ovechkin.

Gun to my head, I think Michkov has the edge over Demidov as of now. I'm just happy we've got one. Things can and likely will change (for better or worse).
Habs should be over the moon about getting Demidov, he's gonna be a great player.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Imagine two comparable Canadian forward prospects. Player A has to date only been successful in the CHL. Player B was even better in the CHL, in addition to having already been successful in the AHL and NHL.

That’s the Russian-level comparison between Demidov and Michkov at this point. The wishful thinking for Demidov right now is that if he is has a great KHL season then maybe he’ll pull even with Michkov’s D+1 level, let alone surpass him.

Makar's draft season:
1724739614093.png

Buium's draft season:
1724739656246.png

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018

But you do understand that Demidov playing for the U23 (with all the B and C level Prospects) is not a good sign at all? All the other top talents are playing with their main KHL squads. I'm really curious to see what Habs Fans opinion of Rotenberg will be once Demidov is playing as a 13th forward with few seconds a game or even ends up in the VHL.

Demidov could have been loaned last season. At least he could have played for Neva in the VHL. And SKA still owns the KHL rights to Michkov with the agreement to play there if Philly sends him down.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
But you do understand that Demidov playing for the U23 (with all the B and C level Prospects) is not a good sign at all? All the other top talents are playing with their main KHL squads. I'm really curious to see what Habs Fans opinion of Rotenberg will be once Demidov is playing as a 13th forward with few seconds a game or even ends up in the VHL.

Demidov could have been loaned last season. At least he could have played for Neva in the VHL. And SKA still owns the KHL rights to Michkov with the agreement to play there if Philly sends him down.
Come on it had been discussed over and over even before the draft. Demidov was burried in the MHL because they wanted to pressure him into a new contract. His situation last year had nothing to do with his actual play

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Hfboards is funny sometimes. I think Michkov might be the most overrated prospect in NHL history. At the end of the day, these NHL teams have millions of dollars worth of research tools, access to information we don't have and decided he wasn't worth taking in the top 5.

Saying he has higher IQ then Mcdavid is absurd and you know it. The worst part is Michkov barely improved after his draft year. For a generational prospect I would expect a much bigger jump in production.
Stop inventing. I haven't said Michkov is better than McDavid

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You're trying to compare two players that were not playing in comparable leagues in any of their D-2, D-1, or DY seasons. Michkov and Demidov have.
No, they haven’t. Both couldn’t make SKA in their draft year. One could have his contract loaned out to another KHL team and one couldn’t.

In their D+1, one couldn’t crack SKA yet again and was loaned out. The other one is likely to start on SKA’s top 6. How that is going to work out is unknown but so far Demidov seems to have the upper hand in their D+1

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
No, they haven’t. Both couldn’t make SKA in their draft year. One could have his contract loaned out to another KHL team and one couldn’t.

In their D+1, one couldn’t crack SKA yet again and was loaned out. The other one is likely to start on SKA’s top 6. How that is going to work out is unknown but so far Demidov seems to have the upper hand in their D+1

Makar and Demidov never played in the same league before the NHL. Comparing Buium and Makar's DY productions is comparing apples and oranges.

Demidov and Michkov have both played in the MHL at the same ages. (Michkov was more productive)

Demidov scratched the VHL and KHL, but couldn't crack it (Why isn't that held against Demidov like SKA loaning Michkov is?)

Reactions: FlyguyOX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad