Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Are you having fun doing your little victory lap when nobody has played a game in the NHL? :laugh::laugh:
7th rounders didn't play game in NHL too. But all of them played in hockey before, they played it after the draft.

If you are coming here with "they didn't play in nhl yet" so what are you doing here. Or everybody. We should stay silent until both will spend 5 seasons in nhl. I guess draft should be random too?

" :laugh::laugh: " (c)

I need smile "habgh", smile laugh is limited and isn't even close to represent all of idiotism of current situation.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Hfboards is funny sometimes. I think Michkov might be the most overrated prospect in NHL history. At the end of the day, these NHL teams have millions of dollars worth of research tools, access to information we don't have and decided he wasn't worth taking in the top 5.

Saying he has higher IQ then Mcdavid is absurd and you know it. The worst part is Michkov barely improved after his draft year. For a generational prospect I would expect a much bigger jump in production.
I only saw him mention Bedard specifically. But if you think the Michkov thread is nutty take a stroll down Demidov lane .

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
1724605843495.png

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Michkov doesn't have a great hockey IQ, Michkov has the highest IQ for a prospect in the last decade and that includes Bedard.
Reading back takes like this in a year or two will be extremely entertaining.

Michkov is slowly gaining a Dustin Rose aura. It's been a while since a prospect has been overhyped to that extent.

Reactions: Just Linda

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Could this end up like choosing between Ovechkin and Malkin? Seems like both will be great.

Reactions: jj cale

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Reading back takes like this in a year or two will be extremely entertaining.

Michkov is slowly gaining a Dustin Rose aura. It's been a while since a prospect has been overhyped to that extent.
Flyer fans has to overrate him because Montreal fans won’t stop talking about him and underrating him.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Michkov
Caufield - Dach - Demidov

:eek2:

Caufield - Suzuki - Demidov
Laine - Dach - Slafkovsky

We're good.

Laine + Reinbacher helps mitigate passing on Michkov.

We still have Newhook, Hage, Beck and Roy to round out rest of roster. Add in our young deep D stable, with potential stars in Hutson, Guhle, Reinbacher Mailloux et tal, plus still a ton of draft capital, and cap space. Yet somehow according to this thread we're supposed to be coping with the loss of Matvei?

We're not.

Things are looking very much up for the future of the Montreal Canadiens.

Last edited:

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
LMAO What the hell are they coping and seething about?

Habs fans are ecstatic to have Demidov.

No need for seething at all.

The only thing they need coping with is the 12 month wait until he arrives. :)
He's mistaking his own cope & seethe for that of Habs fans. Look, I get it. He's a huge Michkov fan, and he is really struggling to accept that Habs fans are quite pleased that Demidov is going to be a hab, and most have gotten over that Hughes passed on Michkov.

Reminds me of my neighbor's young son. He's 7, and LOVES Bedard. As far as he's concerned. Bedard is the best player that has ever lived, and there no convincing him of anything else. Someday, he'll grow up and realize that having a favorite player doesn't make that guy the greatest of all time. Hopefully our friend here will, too.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Roman Rotenberg seems to absolutely loves hyping Demidov and seethes every time he talks about Michkov. I'm starting to think there's more to the story of Michkov being sent to Sochi. The easy answer is attitude issues but I'm going to go with the fun version, Michkov stole his fruit loops or pissed in his coffee.

Still weird to me that Rotenberg talks about playing 18 year old Demidov on the top line a year after he sent 18 year old Michkov to Sochi.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Im a major Michkov fan. I was really pissed when we didn’t pick him up.
Fact: No one in Montreal believe they are getting second best with Demidov. No one’s compensating. If they felt he was worse, they would be complaining about it. Crazy. But that’s reality.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Roman Rotenberg seems to absolutely loves hyping Demidov and seethes every time he talks about Michkov. I'm starting to think there's more to the story of Michkov being sent to Sochi. The easy answer is attitude issues but I'm going to go with the fun version, Michkov stole his fruit loops or pissed in his coffee.

Still weird to me that Rotenberg talks about playing 18 year old Demidov on the top line a year after he sent 18 year old Michkov to Sochi.

I strongly suspect Rotenberg knew Michkov wasn't gonna honor his contract.
A player is required to give 1 and 1/2 years' advanced notice to buy out a contract, so the time-line somewhat fits.

IIRC, Rotenberg was also pissed that Michkov once went on holiday instead of adhering to Rotenberg's off-season training schedule, or something along those lines.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I strongly suspect Rotenberg knew Michkov wasn't gonna honor his contract.
A player is required to give 1 and 1/2 years' advanced notice to buy out a contract, so the time-line somewhat fits.

IIRC, Rotenberg was also pissed that Michkov once went on holiday instead of adhering to Rotenberg's off-season training schedule, or something along those lines.
Its just odd hearing Rotenberg gush over Demidov after spending the past few years being as reserved with Michkov. Demidov is making it clear he's going to the NHL too but Rotenberg seems so willing to work with him around it, he never (at least publicly) extended the same grace to Michkov as he does to Demidov.

I don't think the Michkov wanting out of his contract scenario fits since Demidov is also leaving. There's got to be some smoke to the fire, I'm just not sure what the fire is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad