Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Its just odd hearing Rotenberg gush over Demidov after spending the past few years being as reserved with Michkov. Demidov is making it clear he's going to the NHL too but Rotenberg seems so willing to work with him around it, he never (at least publicly) extended the same grace to Michkov as he does to Demidov.

I don't think the Michkov wanting out of his contract scenario fits since Demidov is also leaving. There's got to be some smoke to the fire, I'm just not sure what the fire is.
Michkov is the flame that lights the fire

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Michkov is the flame that lights the fire
Legendary cope comment

Its just odd hearing Rotenberg gush over Demidov after spending the past few years being as reserved with Michkov. Demidov is making it clear he's going to the NHL too but Rotenberg seems so willing to work with him around it, he never (at least publicly) extended the same grace to Michkov as he does to Demidov.

I don't think the Michkov wanting out of his contract scenario fits since Demidov is also leaving. There's got to be some smoke to the fire, I'm just not sure what the fire is.
Was Michkov contract terminated or bought out? Rarely will you see a top prospect/big name who still has 2 more years on his deal be terminated.

Could be a case of SKA not wanting Michkov to be around anymore and happy to terminate to contract for odd reasons

Reactions: Just Linda

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Legendary cope comment

Was Michkov contract terminated or bought out? Rarely will you see a top prospect/big name who still has 2 more years on his deal be terminated.

Could be a case of SKA not wanting Michkov to be around anymore and happy to terminate to contract for odd reasons
What am I coping with ? I’ve got no skin in the game … ( Ie not a Habs nor Flyer fan ) . But sure go on ? I’m literally just playing off the last sentence in the post I’m quoting … yikes; what a strange nonsensical comment

Reactions: Xirik

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I will say this, having Demidov fall into our lap this past draft to go along with Reinbacher has made accepting passing on Michkov far easier for me.

We got real lucky there at 5 this year.

Reactions: waitin425

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I’m OK with Reinbacher but it was cope to say he was anywhere near Michkov as BPA. And when your team hasn’t had a 100 point player in 40 years, alleged attitude issues are no excuse to pass on a player. But the way things played out with Laine and Demidov, we’ll be more than OK with Reinbacher.

As for Demidov, I believed early on that pumping his tires was Habs fans coping on passing over Michkov. But he’s legit. I don’t feel I’m coping. But if I was a Flyers fan I would be 100% on the Michkov bandwagon. That’s just what fans do.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I’m OK with Reinbacher but it was cope to say he was anywhere near Michkov as BPA. And when your team hasn’t had a 100 point player in 40 years, alleged attitude issues are no excuse to pass on a player. But the way things played out with Laine and Demidov, we’ll be more than OK with Reinbacher.

As for Demidov, I believed early on that pumping his tires was Habs fans coping on passing over Michkov. But he’s legit. I don’t feel I’m coping. But if I was a Flyers fan I would be 100% on the Michkov bandwagon. That’s just what fans do.
Can’t both be excellent while 1 is better ? Is that not a possible outcome ? Saying 1 is better doesn’t mean ( at least in my case ) that the other guy isn’t also poised to be impressive. Again not a Hab ( also don’t really see them as rivals ; that could change … stupid Bruins ) or Flyer fan on any level

Reactions: thefutures

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Can’t both be excellent while 1 is better ? Is that not a possible outcome ? Saying 1 is better doesn’t mean ( at least in my case ) that the other guy isn’t also poised to be impressive. Again not a Hab ( also don’t really see them as rivals ; that could change … stupid Bruins ) or Flyer fan on any level
No but you’ve been in the Habs thread shitting on whatever is on Montreal since the PLD to MTL threads.

But anyway, since you seem to know so much about both players and you are so « unbiased » … what makes Michkov a better prospect?

Reactions: viceroy

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007

Habs fans that watched the draft videos for the last 3 years all know how much work goes into making a top 10 draft selection. 5 teams (excluding Chicago) passed on Michkov before he was selected at 7, so this accusation of "cope" is frankly ridiculous to me. I may not have agreed with the pick initially, but now that I know what the habs brass thought of RB, I'm willing to concede that an NHL team that spends literally MILLIONS of dollars on their amateur scouting program might know a bit more about these players than I do. Add this to the fact that we know nothing about what happened in Michkov's interview with the Habs, and this uproar over the Habs not taking him becomes even more ridiculous.

Anyone who watched Demidov highlights in the lead up to the draft would know that he's the real deal. He was a human highlight reel his last year in the MHL, and he hasn't slowed down now that's he's playing against KHL opponents.

Reactions: Guess

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He's mistaking his own cope & seethe for that of Habs fans. Look, I get it. He's a huge Michkov fan, and he is really struggling to accept that Habs fans are quite pleased that Demidov is going to be a hab, and most have gotten over that Hughes passed on Michkov.

Reminds me of my neighbor's young son. He's 7, and LOVES Bedard. As far as he's concerned. Bedard is the best player that has ever lived, and there no convincing him of anything else. Someday, he'll grow up and realize that having a favorite player doesn't make that guy the greatest of all time. Hopefully our friend here will, too.

Lmao not reading all that, imagine typing a paragraph about another poster, cope + seethe. Michkov > Demidov, had to close the poll thread too lopsided, no? And your fanbase wonders why no one roots for your prospects or you guys in general.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Lmao not reading all that, imagine typing a paragraph about another poster, cope + seethe. Michkov > Demidov, had to close the poll thread too lopsided, no? And your fanbase wonders why no one roots for your prospects or you guys in general.
Certainly don't expect other team's fans to "root" for our prospects or our guys...BTW we are the largest fan base in the world...deal with it!

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No but you’ve been in the Habs thread shitting on whatever is on Montreal since the PLD to MTL threads.

But anyway, since you seem to know so much about both players and you are so « unbiased » … what makes Michkov a better prospect?
Wait what ? I don’t even remember talking about PLD( like how far back you going ) . I’m no expert at all but I’d say scoring ability , iq , offensive positioning, playmaking , board play to start ( things I’ve mentioned prior )… My negativity in regard to Savard goes way back to pre Hab stint . I’m much more unbiased than you are in this thread. That’s pretty crystal . I’m an admirer of his work . Plain and simple .

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wait what ? I don’t even remember talking about PLD( like how far back you going ) . I’m no expert at all but I’d say scoring ability , iq , offensive positioning, playmaking , board play to start ( things I’ve mentioned prior )… My negativity in regard to Savard goes way back to pre Hab stint . I’m much more unbiased than you are in this thread. That’s pretty crystal . I’m an admirer of his work . Plain and simple .
Can you tell me what in his « offensive » positioning is better than Demidov? Also, what makes him a better « board » player than Demidov? What tools is he using better

Savard?

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Yeah you clearly don’t read well if you’re in this thread and can say that with a straight face. “LMAO”
Pretty ironic because reading this thread, you're definitely the most invested in the debate and you're the one using hyperbole when acting like Michkov is miles ahead of Demidov.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy and Angler

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Pretty ironic because reading this thread, you're definitely the most invested in the debate and you're the one acting like Michkov is miles ahead of Demidov.

"Invested" or, speaking the truth? Truth hurts, sorry that it makes you feel bad. Gonna be hilarious when the gap widens whenever Demidov can crack a pro roster.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
"Invested" or, speaking the truth? Truth hurts, sorry that it makes you feel bad. Gonna be hilarious when the gap widens whenever Demidov can crack a pro roster.
You have like 10 times more posts in this thread than anyone else and then accuses habs fans of "coping" and "seething". What are you? A teenager? No grown man talks like that. Also "i'm not reading all that" over a post consisting of 2 small paragraphs. 2011 join date acting like a dumb ass teenager.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Imagine two comparable Canadian forward prospects. Player A has to date only been successful in the CHL. Player B was even better in the CHL, in addition to having already been successful in the AHL and NHL.

That’s the Russian-level comparison between Demidov and Michkov at this point. The wishful thinking for Demidov right now is that if he is has a great KHL season then maybe he’ll pull even with Michkov’s D+1 level, let alone surpass him.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Demidov and Michkov have a different profile. How their game will compare in the NHL idk.

I’m a Habs fan but if I was a Flyers fan I would underline that Michkov has much more of a track record at scoring goals. His shot release is better. He can score in more different ways. He’s more opportunistic and more of a scoring threat around the net.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Imagine two comparable Canadian forward prospects. Player A has to date only been successful in the CHL. Player B was even better in the CHL, in addition to having already been successful in the AHL and NHL.

That’s the Russian-level comparison between Demidov and Michkov at this point. The wishful thinking for Demidov right now is that if he is has a great KHL season then maybe he’ll pull even with Michkov’s D+1 level, let alone surpass him.
Ohhh nice another Michkov avatar.

How about this : Last year after the preseasons, SKA sent Michkov to another team while theyre going to play Demidov on their first line this year.

Reactions: viceroy and Guess

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Ohhh nice another Michkov avatar.

How about this : Last year after the preseasons, SKA sent Michkov to another team while theyre going to play Demidov on their first line this year.

My Michkov avatar doesn't make the stats any less true: Michkov has been highly successful at levels that Demidov has yet to seriously even play in yet, on top of outperforming him in the levels that Demidov has stuck in.

Yes, SKA loaned out Michkov. Michkov then went on to have the best D+1 season since the KHL was organized. Sounds like we shouldn't be trusting SKA's judgement as infallible.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I thought Michkov couldn’t crack SKA in his D and D+1 and had to be loaned to another club to stay in the league?

Also, didn’t they try to pressure Demidov to sign a new contract by burrying him down last year? That was pretty common knowledge even before the draft.

One last question, if Michkov is so good and so much better, why did they terminate his contract? Your team didn’t even have to buy out the contract, they just terminated it? How come?

My Michkov avatar doesn't make the stats any less true: Michkov has been highly successful at levels that Demidov has yet to seriously even play in yet, on top of outperforming him in the levels that Demidov has stuck in.

Yes, SKA loaned out Michkov. Michkov then went on to have the best D+1 season since the KHL was organized. Sounds like we shouldn't be trusting SKA's judgement as infallible.
Yet he couldn’t crack SKA? How’s that?

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I thought Michkov couldn’t crack SKA in his D and D+1 and had to be loaned to another club to stay in the league?

Also, didn’t they try to pressure Demidov to sign a new contract by burrying him down last year? That was pretty common knowledge even before the draft.

One last question, if Michkov is so good and so much better, why did they terminate his contract? Your team didn’t even have to buy out the contract, they just terminated it? How come?

Yet he couldn’t crack SKA? How’s that?

SKA is not the first professional sports team, nor the last, to make stupid mistakes, particularly concerning a young talent.

Imagine a world where Askarov is a Calder contender next season and someone tries to diminish that by saying "Yet he couldn't even crack Nashville's roster. Very interesting!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Brown

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009

Yeah i hear that a lot. They just hated Michkov without any good reason. Right?

I mean first the argument was that they didn't want him around cause they knew he was going to the NHL no matter what, despite having him until 2026.

But then, they announced that they'll keep Demidov around this year, knowing he will be gone to the NHL next year.

So thats when the argument shifted to "SKA just hated Michkov for no good reasons".

Maybe, just maybe, the rumors of him being a locker room cancer weren't just rumors? You know, him throwing tantrums at his fellow teamates in the locker room?

Reactions: Guess

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Demidov played four games with SKA last season and didn't register a point. Are we sure he can handle the KHL?!

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah i hear that a lot. They just hated Michkov without any good reason. Right?

I mean first the argument was that they didn't want him around cause they knew he was going to the NHL no matter what, despite having him until 2026.

But then, they announced that they'll keep Demidov around this year, knowing he will be gone to the NHL next year.

So thats when the argument shifted to "SKA just hated Michkov for no good reasons".

Maybe, just maybe, the rumors of him being a locker room cancer weren't just rumors? You know, him throwing tantrums at his fellow teamates in the locker room?

It certainly speaks volumes in the Michkov vs. Demidov "debate" that "Michkov is a locker room cancer" is the best argument that can be made in Demidov's favor.

SKA can have their reasons for hating Michkov if they did. That doesn't make those reasons valid.

The Flyers are a locker room-obsessed, vibes-dominant organization. Funny that the "locker room cancer" stuff didn't pass their smell test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad