Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think this Michkov vs Demidov debate is so childish but watching those Demidov games shows me this kid is the real deal hes such a threat everytime hes on the ice if he had decent linemates he would have alot more points very exited about him definitely the best prospect we’ve had in years
Kind of like Michkov led the team in SKA preseason last year, too...

Reactions: Redpath

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
Michkov : Shooting, Sense
Demidov : Passing, Puck Handling
Tie : Skating, Physical

It'll be interesting to see how their careers will pan out. Despite giving a hedge of 1 point for Demidov, EP has Michkov one rank above him.

Attachments

• Elite Prospects - Top 10 NHL Affiliated Skaters [qkkw0gs3QQE - 1333x750 - 0m58s].png
    Elite Prospects - Top 10 NHL Affiliated Skaters [qkkw0gs3QQE - 1333x750 - 0m58s].png
    569.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Elite Prospects - Top 10 NHL Affiliated Skaters [qkkw0gs3QQE - 1333x750 - 1m32s].png
    Elite Prospects - Top 10 NHL Affiliated Skaters [qkkw0gs3QQE - 1333x750 - 1m32s].png
    631.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: HabbyGuy

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Makar and Demidov never played in the same league before the NHL. Comparing Buium and Makar's DY productions is comparing apples and oranges.

Demidov and Michkov have both played in the MHL at the same ages. (Michkov was more productive)

Demidov scratched the VHL and KHL, but couldn't crack it (Why isn't that held against Demidov like SKA loaning Michkov is?)
I’m not the one who compared Buium and Makar.

So you’re argument is because Michkov had a 1.72 PPG and Demidov 1.51 PPG at 16 years old means Michkov is the better prospect?

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said but Demidov was buried in the MHL because he wouldn’t sign an extension. That was known pre-draft.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

So you’re argument is because Michkov had a 1.72 PPG and Demidov 1.51 PPG at 16 years old means Michkov is the better prospect?

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said but Demidov was buried in the MHL because he wouldn’t sign an extension. That was known pre-draft.
1.72 is >1.51 ??🤷‍♂️.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

It'll be interesting to see how their careers will pan out. Despite giving a hedge of 1 point for Demidov, EP has Michkov one rank above him.

Either way, not a lot to differentiate the 2 using the metrics shown in your attachments.

I think fans of Demidov are just pushing back on the narrative by some that Michkov is just the vastly superior prospect.

They're both ranked at the moment as top 3 prospects in the world. Even if you prefer one over another, there's not this huge chasm between them as purported in this thread.

They're both exceptional talents. That's it, that's all.

Both camps should rest easy in that, and look forward to their futures, instead of this childish nonsense.

Last edited:

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

1) It's not just at 16 years old in the MHL. It's as 17 year olds, too.

2) It's not just about Michkov outproducing Demidov in the MHL. It's about Michkov having such unparalleled success in the VHL and KHL for his age that it would be an impressive feat Demidov to even match Michkov's success. Give me the prospect who has actually accomplished history instead of the one who might replicate Michkov's history.

I also have to laugh at the "SKA loaned out Michkov. What does that say about him?" excuses that get thrown around, yet similar logic of "SKA was willing to bury Demidov over a contract dispute. What does that say about him?" is not thrown around.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

2) It's not just about Michkov outproducing Demidov in the MHL. It's about Michkov having such unparalleled success in the VHL and KHL for his age that it would be an impressive feat Demidov to even match Michkov's success. Give me the prospect who has actually accomplished history instead of the one who might replicate Michkov's history.

I also have to love that "SKA loaned out Michkov. What does that say about him?" excuses that get thrown around, yet similar logic of "SKA was willing to bury Demidov over a contract dispute. What does that say about him?" are not thrown around.
Because Demidov was leaving no matter what at the end of this year. Michkov had 3 years left in his draft year.

Reactions: NikolaTesla

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I don't think Demidov is a better passer and I also think he's a worse skater than Michkov (worse technique).

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Because Demidov was leaving no matter what at the end of this year. Michkov had 3 years left in his draft year.

So is the plan this season for SKA to bury Demidov again this year since he's leaving at the end of the season? Or did that only apply to his DY for some reason?

Nor does any of that change the counter-argument of "SKA is willing to bury Demidov for extraneous reasons. Very worrying!"

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
Either way, not a lot to differentiate the 2 using the metrics shown in your attachments.

I think fans of Demidov are just pushing back on the narrative by some that Michkov is just the vastly superior prospect.

They're both ranked at the moment as top 3 prospects in the world. Even if you prefer one over another, there's not this huge chasm between them as purported in this thread.

They're both exceptional talents. That's it, that's all.

Both camps should rest easy in that, and look forward to their futures, instead of this childish nonsense.

No professional hockey scout views Michkov as a 'vastly superior' prospect to Demidov and anybody who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. The real differences between them lie in their circumstances and playing styles so it makes no sense that if Michkov were truly far superior to Demidov—who many believe has the potential to be a franchise player—would slip 7th in the draft to Philadelphia, despite his KHL contract or any concerns about his attitude. Like even I who prefer Demidov, wouldn't sell my house claiming he's vastly superior to Michkov, that's insane

Reactions: jfhabs and HabbyGuy

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I remember a below average skater with average size with slick passing and handles by the name of Perfetti. He's not exactly a superstar in the league right now.

Generational IQ will always beat out the Demidov/Perfetti package.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Mitchkov averaged three minute a game in those three games he played with SKA.

Checkmate, I sunk your battleship. Good day to you sir.
Those games into which he produced 0 points? Nice rebuttal. You're helping my argument here, not yours. Haha.

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I remember a below average skater with average size with slick passing and handles by the name of Perfetti. He's not exactly a superstar in the league right now.

Neither Demidov or Perfetti for that matter are "below average".

Focusing on Demidov though......

Edgework + Acceleration

Edgework + Vision

Edgwork + Deceptiveness

Some breakout speed + strength

Elite edgework

Another view....

Strength

My opinion....with supporting videos from just the past week. He is far from a below average skater. Is he a burner? I don't think he is that. Does he have dynamic edges, with which he can control the puck, create time and space, and position himself in prime positions....oh hell yeah. His skating may seem unorthodox to some, but he is not below average. Lateral movement is well above average in my opinion. The jury is still out on straight line speed.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009

I also have to laugh at the "SKA loaned out Michkov. What does that say about him?" excuses that get thrown around, yet similar logic of "SKA was willing to bury Demidov over a contract dispute. What does that say about him?" is not thrown around.
Damn man comparing ppg of 2 17 years old kids playing with different teamates. Must be the be it end all. Funny how all scouts are very thorn on who will be better in the nhl yet hearing you, Michkov is vatly superior.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
So is the plan this season for SKA to bury Demidov again this year since he's leaving at the end of the season? Or did that only apply to his DY for some reason?

Nor does any of that change the counter-argument of "SKA is willing to bury Demidov for extraneous reasons. Very worrying!"
I look forward to the gymnastics to explain this .

Reactions: Redpath

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009

This season they want him on their on their team. Something they didn't want with Michkov despite a 3 years contract.

You act like Demidov doesn' have insane IQ as well.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Its just odd hearing Rotenberg gush over Demidov after spending the past few years being as reserved with Michkov. Demidov is making it clear he's going to the NHL too but Rotenberg seems so willing to work with him around it, he never (at least publicly) extended the same grace to Michkov as he does to Demidov.

I don't think the Michkov wanting out of his contract scenario fits since Demidov is also leaving. There's got to be some smoke to the fire, I'm just not sure what the fire is.

What's so weird about it?

What would Briere's reaction be if Michkov wanted out of his ECL half-way through? I doubt he would have a good word to say about Michkov either.

The situation is very different than a player not extending after honoring his contract in full.
I mean Rotenberg gushes over Nikishin too. Nikishin's contract is done after this season and he's leaving too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad