Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Why do we keep using the dumb decisions by SKA as arguing points? One guy got banished to the worst club in the league for wanting to get out of his contract, the other sent to the juniors to pressure him into a new contract. Both could have made the roster (especially the guy who put up a better ppg. than anyone on SKA while playing for one of the worst teams in the league)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
So after 18 pages have 'yall decided who's better?

This is serious business. Inquiring minds NEED TO KNOW!!

Mayday1980

Mar 28, 2021
Montreal had the most inside info on Michkov with Bobrov’s father and passed on him… if that doesnt tell you something then idk?

Even with the character issues aside I find Demidov is the more complete player.

Skating

Demidov > Michkov

Playmaking/passing

Demidov > Michkov

Hockey iq

Demidov = Michkov

Shot

Demidov < Michkov

Defense

Demidov > Michkov

Compete level

Demodov > Michkov

Leadership

Demidov > Michkov

Hands

Denidov > Michkov

The first sentence above tells us the real debate between these two players alongside one additional fact to consider which was their contract situations at draft time.

I'm a habs fan and wanted them to pick Michkov, but they didn't c'est la vie. Montreal would have had abundant knowledge on the character & playstyle of Michkov and for some reason they went with Reinbacher instead.

Michkov is the better talent with the higher ceiling but lower NHL floor (meaning there's something going on with the Sochi loan, the contract buyout to go to PHI early etc.) He's the better player but has the higher "outside of hockey" risks...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Kind of like Michkov led the team in SKA preseason last year, too...
Cool story and i wish him the best but Michkov aint on my team we passed on him i care about Demidov and if he was so great why was he loaned last year or even this year why would SKA wanna get rid of 2 years of Michkov specially since they get nothing in return maybe theres alot more to him then people know and Montreal knew that since Bobrov’s dad works for SKA

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Hey look, no need to be bitter here. All I’m saying is the pattern we are seeing from Michkov is similar to PLD/Drouin/Laine we seen early in their respective career.

Lots of attitude rumors, Michkov telling teams to not draft him etc… we’ve seen this play out before
Once again why would I be bitter ? Seems premptive on the bitterness scale . He doesn’t play for a team I remotely cheer for . Just seems like an extremely weak attempt to keep this “ character issuer “ narrative alive . It’s all the haters have . When it’s hockey centric talk it’s fairly clear who’s shown more to this point .

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Michkov didn't make SKA's roster either but could be loaned to another KHL team.

From what I understand, if Demidov doesn't make SKA's KHL squad, he'll have to go to the VHL because he can't be loaned to another KHL team because his deal is in its the last year.

A significant difference... SKA's KHL team is really stacked and it's a tall order for an 18 years old to make it, let alone play significant minutes.

Michkov could not do it, we'll see for Demidov but it would not surprise me if he starts in the VHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Michkov didn't make SKA's roster either but could be loaned to another KHL team.

From what I understand, if Demidov doesn't make SKA's KHL squad, he'll have to go to the VHL because he can't be loaned to another KHL team because his deal is in its the last year.

A significant difference... SKA's KHL team is really stacked and it's a tall order for an 18 years old to make it, let alone play significant minutes.

Michkov could not do it, we'll see for Demidov but it would not surprise me if he starts in the VHL.

Ok? What league did Michkov play in and where did I post ANYTHING about SKA?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Once again why would I be bitter ? Seems premptive on the bitterness scale . He doesn’t play for a team I remotely cheer for . Just seems like an extremely weak attempt to keep this “ character issuer “ narrative alive . It’s all the haters have . When it’s hockey centric talk it’s fairly clear who’s shown more to this point .
No but he was drafted by a team you genuinely hate. You can stop pretending you’re mr unbiased because you’re not.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No but he was drafted by a team you genuinely hate. You can stop pretending you’re mr unbiased because you’re not.
Believing that there are better prospects that exist outside the Habs spectrum is hardly hate . Calling out terrible valuations of players on their last legs also not hate . It’s reality . I’ve certainly got no skin in the game as far as outcome but alright … 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Every day I come to the prospect page a pray this thread isn't on page 1 anymore. Every day I am dissapointed.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The first sentence above tells us the real debate between these two players alongside one additional fact to consider which was their contract situations at draft time.

I'm a habs fan and wanted them to pick Michkov, but they didn't c'est la vie. Montreal would have had abundant knowledge on the character & playstyle of Michkov and for some reason they went with Reinbacher instead.

Michkov is the better talent with the higher ceiling but lower NHL floor (meaning there's something going on with the Sochi loan, the contract buyout to go to PHI early etc.) He's the better player but has the higher "outside of hockey" risks...
Pure conjecture.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
6 other teams passed on him too.
I don't really understand this argument.

Only 5 other teams passed on him, and the top 4 centers in the draft (Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Smith) were all thought to be more or less be locks for the top 4. Maybe SJ considered Michkov over Smith, but the top 3 were for sure locked in.

So it was really only Arizona who also passed on him. And they don't exactly have the strongest history with drafting well.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Cool story and i wish him the best but Michkov aint on my team we passed on him i care about Demidov and if he was so great why was he loaned last year or even this year why would SKA wanna get rid of 2 years of Michkov specially since they get nothing in return maybe theres alot more to him then people know and Montreal knew that since Bobrov’s dad works for SKA
Bobrov was quoted as saying Michkov was the "Russian Bedard". He also said after the draft Habs management felt Michkov wasn't someone who would help them win a cup, and Reinbacher is.

Really seems like this was a Gorton & Hughes decision rather than some sinister information Bobrov had.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Bobrov was quoted as saying Michkov was the "Russian Bedard". He also said after the draft Habs management felt Michkov wasn't someone who would help them win a cup, and Reinbacher is.

Really seems like this was a Gorton & Hughes decision rather than some sinister information Bobrov had.
Interesting addition to the conversation. Thank you. So much for the inside man damning Michkov theory . Any chance you can produce said quote ? I’d be interested in the context .

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Interesting addition to the conversation. Thank you. So much for the inside man damning Michkov theory . Any chance you can produce said quote ? I’d be interested in the context .

Don't know how legit it is but found this on Habs Reddit. It is strange if he gave such praise to him that he still passed.

Last edited:

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
It's really not that strange for the GM to have final say on high picks. I think we'd all love to be the fly on the wall for those discussions.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
It's really not that strange for the GM to have final say on high picks. I think we'd all love to be the fly on the wall for those discussions.
It’s not but I’ve been reading that one of the main reasons they “ passed “ on Michkov was due to Bobrovs opinion on him . Seems kinda opposite to that ; ie “ the next Bedard” ( if it’s legit ) is pretty effusive praise .

Mayday1980

Mar 28, 2021
Pure conjecture.
As much conjecture as was used in the reliance on stats for comparing 2 players 1 year apart in age who developed during COVID. Someone can go to the effort to actually watch both players play; unfortunately all one can do when discussing character concerns of a young player is look at the available factual evidence, even if it's only circumstantial.

If Michkov was considered as good as Bedard, he would have gone 2nd overall. (This is with the fact we now know with 100% certainty in that he wanted to play in the NHL) The 3 year wait wouldn't have stopped anyone from picking him

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
So it's any interesting journey.

Tony Mariano said on his show that Aaron Portzline had said it. I haven't ever found the Portzline quote though, it could just be that google is shit and makes finding anything impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad