Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Demidov played four games with SKA last season and didn't register a point. Are we sure he can handle the KHL?!
Is this a joke? He played like 5 minutes a game. The fact is, he outplayed Michkov in the preseason and made the team while Michkov didn't, the scouts there all admitted Demidov was better in those games.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Is this a joke? He played like 5 minutes a game. The fact is, he outplayed Michkov in the preseason and made the team while Michkov didn't, the scouts there all admitted Demidov was better in those games.
Either you didn't read my post correctly or your hypocritical, If Demidov can't be judged for playing low minutes then Mitchkov shouldn't either.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Carlsson could end being great . Huge huge potential .
I am in minority for saying this but I really do think in the end the best 2023 player will be Carlsson, the guy will be a 90-100 pts force and a playoff beast for years, would be behind Bedard for pts for will have more cups and Conn Smythe

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Either you didn't read my post correctly or your hypocritical, If Demidov can't be judged for playing low minutes then Mitchkov shouldn't either.
Oh ok I misunderstood your post then, my bad.

It's understandable that it's hard to judge a player based on low minutes, for sure.

Reactions: Xirik

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Bobrov was the genius that had two top ten pick complete busts in Lias Andersson and Vitaliy Kravtsov. He also oversaw the very underwhelming Kaapo Kakko pick. Wouldn’t trust this guy. Do the opposite.
As a Habs fan, I wish I could meet Bobrov and ask what he learned about those failed picks. You gotta think he's thought about it for a long time and come up with some sort of answer

(probably: blame the scouts below me :laugh:)

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I am in minority for saying this but I really do think in the end the best 2023 player will be Carlsson, the guy will be a 90-100 pts force and a playoff beast for years, would be behind Bedard for pts for will have more cups and Conn Smythe

I would agree with this, but I think Bedard gets his act together and figures it out he's too talented. He's not gonna be -40 on a good team, and last year he played and was encouraged to play a style that just allowed him to freely roam and learn the ropes of the NHL offensively. I just can't imagine a world where Carlsson is better than Bedard in the long run, but who knows.

Reactions: Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I would agree with this, but I think Bedard gets his act together and figures it out he's too talented. He's not gonna be -40 on a good team, and last year he played and was encouraged to play a style that just allowed him to freely roam and learn the ropes of the NHL offensively. I just can't imagine a world where Carlsson is better than Bedard in the long run, but who knows.
Totally agree, I mean Bedard has 140 pts potential IMO but I still think comes playoffs time, game 7 my pick would be Carlsson. To me he looks like a mix between Barkov and Malkin

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Totally agree, I mean Bedard has 140 pts potential IMO but I still think comes playoffs time, game 7 my pick would be Carlsson. To me he looks like a mix between Barkov and Malkin

Whew, that's tough to say, 140? I certainly hope so, it's good for the league, I think he has 50-60 goal potential for sure. I'm so excited to watch Bedard and Carlsson and ofc Michkov next year, all of its good for the league, just praying they all stay healthy, Fantilli too, I hope he breaks out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maitz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
All I've argued here is that Michkov is a superior prospect to Demidov, you're more than welcome to provide, stats, evidence and proof of your opinion as well. I'd love to read it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
All I've argued here is that Michkov is a superior prospect to Demidov, you're more than welcome to provide, stats, evidence and proof of your opinion as well. I'd love to read it!
I love both prospects, Michkov obviously has an edge in individual stats and goalscoring but I think Demidov is closer that some will admit. Both are future superstars if you ask me.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I love both prospects, Michkov obviously has an edge in individual stats and goalscoring but I think Demidov is closer that some will admit. Both are future superstars if you ask me.

Sure, I do too, I see Demidov in more of a 90-100 point winger peak slot and Michkov a level above, not sure what he'll peak at, and I never called him generational and still have Bedard ahead as it stands in that draft. His IQ set him apart from his peers, I'm ready for the season to start. And to be completely honest I hope Demidov does make a KHL roster, I think it'll give a lot more clarity about his game and where he's at right now. Things can change, who knows what happens in the end.

Last edited:

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Sure, I do too, I see Demidov in more of a 90-100 point winger peak slot and Michkov a level above, not sure what he'll peak at, and I never called him generational and still have Bedard ahead as it stands in that draft. His IQ set him apart from his peers, I'm ready for the season to start. And to be completely honest I hope Demidov does make a KHL roster, I think it'll give a lot more clarity about his game and where he's at right now.
I'm a bit concerned if Demidov does make SKA they play him 10 min a game on the bottom 6, we'll see what happens thought. He can't come to NA soon enough if that's the case.

Not sure where either will peak but I think both have 100+pts potential, crazy to think Montreal could have had Michkov too but it's too soon to lose any sleep over it. I'll be catching a couple Flyers game next season for sure.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I'm a bit concerned if Demidov does make SKA they play him 10 min a game on the bottom 6, we'll see what happens thought. He can't come to NA soon enough if that's the case.

Not sure where either will peak but I think both have 100+pts potential, crazy to think Montreal could have had Michkov too but it's too soon to lose any sleep over it. I'll be catching a couple Flyers game next season for sure.

When I woke up and saw that the Sharks or Montreal didn't take Michkov, I literally couldn't believe it, and obviously Philly took him I nearly sh*t myself. I live in Tokyo so it was in the morning and I woke everyone up yelling, but yeah bizarre. I do think Reinbacher isn't a bad prospect, I hope he turns out fine, he doesn't deserve all the trash he gets, his D+1 was a bit rough though, although his second half was better. Yeah hard to say where either peaks, I think next year will make the picture more clear, not that it would mean THAT much we forget they're 18 and 19 sometimes probably lol

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
When I woke up and saw that the Sharks or Montreal didn't take Michkov, I literally couldn't believe it, and obviously Philly took him I nearly sh*t myself. I live in Tokyo so it was in the morning and I woke everyone up yelling, but yeah bizarre. I do think Reinbacher isn't a bad prospect, I hope he turns out fine, he doesn't deserve all the trash he gets, his D+1 was a bit rough though, although his second half was better. Yeah hard to say where either peaks, I think next year will make the picture more clear, not that it would mean THAT much we forget they're 18 and 19 sometimes probably lol
I believe there might have been some behind the scene stuff, if I remember right there were rumors of Michkov ''choosing'' his team but not sure if that's true. You're right that the reception Reinbacher got when Montreal drafted him was appaling, it's always the loudmouths that go out of their way to be as toxic as they can while normal people just went to bed disapointed. At least now it seems most are a lot more warm with the pick since Demidov is a habs and he does fill an important organisional need.

Your last point is spot on, which is why I don't like these prospect vs prospect too much since they're all so far from finished products and easily end up as pissing contests, I like to sit back and enjoy the ride instead of going full ''Strome is better than Mcdavid'' McCagg special.

I'll just say this, since Kovalev's days in Montreal and Markov for that matter I've always had a soft spot for russian stars, there is always a little something extra special about them.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Mayday1980

Mar 28, 2021
Yet we have the Habs director of scouting saying that the contract was indeed a key deterrent . Colour me surprised ( not really I’ve been saying this since page 1) .

Bragging about a 1 st overall though ? I mean he’s rebounded after a rough rookie season but shouldn’t 1 st overalls be overwhelming hits in general ?
Well they're not gonna say "We didn't pick the BPA/generational talent because we're concerned about his character and how he would fit in the locked room."

Some teams are fine airing their dirty laundry (example see Flyers, Philadelphia). If it was Brian Burke running the show he woulda told us like it is. I prefer the more diplomatic approach. The contract was a factor, it's unlikely the main one if Michkov is generational but is a good deflection answer.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
How do we know he was the right pick ? I mean avoiding Wright seems sage but Nemec, Cooley , Gauthier , Jiricek , Geekie, Mateychuck ( probably missing a couple ) are all developing tremendously and the majority have yet to debut as pros . So while the pick is certainly looking up I’m not sure it’s victory lap time at this point . Some of those guys weren’t realistic options at 1 but it’s not out of the question that one of the above becomes the best player in this draft ( which doesn’t look incredibly strong in general ) .

I'm confused by the argument here.

I get the Nemec part, I can somewhat hear out the Cooley part, but after that? I don't really think any of those other guys present a fair argument for why picking Slaf first overall might not have been the best pick. (Oops, missed that you said Jiricek, I had Jiricek top of my list at that draft).

Mateychuk and Geekie have lower ceilings than what Slaf is right now. I really don't see Geekie having top 6 skills, Mateychuk is good but he's not as good as Slaf has been.

I just find using examples like that weird. Slaf showed himself to be an effective NHLer, a few of the guys listed l.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I see Demidov as a Lucas Raymond tier player. A little above or below ppg most years, nothing to scoff at but not a superstar.

I see Michkov as a Bedard tier player who could truly be a superstar and one of the best in the league.

Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'm confused by the argument here.

I get the Nemec part, I can somewhat hear out the Cooley part, but after that? I don't really think any of those other guys present a fair argument for why picking Slaf first overall might not have been the best pick. (Oops, missed that you said Jiricek, I had Jiricek top of my list at that draft).

Mateychuk and Geekie have lower ceilings than what Slaf is right now. I really don't see Geekie having top 6 skills, Mateychuk is good but he's not as good as Slaf has been.

I just find using examples like that weird. Slaf showed himself to be an effective NHLer, a few of the guys listed l.
My point was that the poster I was responding to was already doing victory laps lauding Huhges pick ( Slaf ) as the best in the draft . Calling Hughes a genius I believe to boot . My contention was it was far too early to make that determination and several candidates could challenge that top spot ( especially given we have yet to see several as pros ; maybe they struggle , maybe they flourish ) .

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
a 1st OV pick and a group of players that have a total amount of 2 NHL games played between them is genius.:huh:

I think the famous quote of "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." is Apt here.

Extending this logic to its natural conclusion we ought to shut down the prospect forum entirely lol.

Reactions: jfhabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad