Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Extending this logic to its natural conclusion we ought to shut down the prospect forum entirely lol.
did you just learn that taking anything to the extreme makes it sound stupid?

person A: "I think we should go left."

Person B: " extending this logic we would be going in circles"

:rolleyes:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
A lot of posters here seems to have only been stat watching or highlight watching.

When you say Mitchkov is far and away the best prospect and can only justify that by basic stats, it's hard to take you seriously. I found the posters with the strongest opinions seems to be the least knowledgeable.

If we're going by stats (points) alone, Catton would've been the 2nd forward picked in the last draft.
There's a lot more to points when it comes to projecting players 3-5 years down the road.

In my opinion, it's very close between the 2 players in terms of talent and comes down to preference in play style, team fit and character/interview/off ice.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Since this thread is now famous, my prediction:

Michkov: Top 2 NHL'er of his generation. Could end up the best. Will lead the Flyers to at least one Stanley Cup and win at least two Hart trophies, along with at least three Rockets. Will be recognized at the end of his career as a top 5 Russian player ever.

Demidov: Will hit 100 points 2 or 3 times. Will be right around 1PPG for his career and probably around 1,000 games. Will have a few seasons as a top 5 winger in the league. Might contend for a Hart his best season, while being known as a first line winger for like 10 years.

Michkov with a clear edge in his career over Demidov, but Demidov will be a very good NHL'er player also.

Go ahead and laugh now. You won't be doing so when people look back on this thread in 20 years.
Ugh. So I have to come back when I’m 80 to read if your crystal ball was clear and right or foggy and wrong? Ok, it’s a date :sarcasm:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
did you just learn that taking anything to the extreme makes it sound stupid?

person A: "I think we should go left."

Person B: " extending this logic we would be going in circles"

:rolleyes:

It isn't taking something to the extreme at all. It's the inevitable conclusion of your logic.

Person states the Habs have interesting prospects, you say none of them have played in the NHL yet so it's not worth talking about in any meaningful way. That's true for almost every player in this section with an active thread. May as well shut it down.

Reactions: viceroy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
It isn't taking something to the extreme at all. It's the inevitable conclusion of your logic.

Person states the Habs have interesting prospects, you say none of them have played in the NHL yet so it's not worth talking about in any meaningful way. That's true for almost every player in this section with an active thread. May as well shut it down.
No, you just didn't read the whole thread like usual and post without context.

Calling a GM a genius before the players they drafted even play a game is pretty foolish.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
A lot of posters here seems to have only been stat watching or highlight watching.

When you say Mitchkov is far and away the best prospect and can only justify that by basic stats, it's hard to take you seriously. I found the posters with the strongest opinions seems to be the least knowledgeable.

If we're going by stats (points) alone, Catton would've been the 2nd forward picked in the last draft.
There's a lot more to points when it comes to projecting players 3-5 years down the road.

In my opinion, it's very close between the 2 players in terms of talent and comes down to preference in play style, team fit and character/interview/off ice.

A better comparison would be if Catton, the top scorer among his prospect competition group in the WHL, also had extraordinary success in professional European leagues against men. Imagine if Catton had pulled an Auston Matthews, played in Europe for his draft year, and had a stellar performance. His draft stock would have rightly exploded on his production alone.

Obviously there is more to evaluation than just stats (Which is why we see Michkov's IQ get routinely touted), but in a comparison between two offensive players, the better production is not to be scoffed at, especially when Michkov has proven it across professional levels (That no one at his age has outperformed in a generation) while Demidov has not. Being decisively more proven as a scorer seems a bit more important than minutiae of their two-way game or "character issues" when comparing offensive phenoms.

Reactions: Doodootheclown

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
Demidov > Michkov
His work ethic, attitude, SIZE, skill will make him the better Pro hockey player.

Michkov is pretty undersized and has the signs potentially to be a head case I think it will be a lot harder for his game to translate to the NHL.

If Michkov was in the 2024 draft Demidov would get picked before him.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

That is the same team that Michkov played on in his D-1, right? (Where he had the best performance for his age group ever)

Demidov's preseason accomplishments are just another blurb on Michkov's resume. I guess it's the best thing he has going for him to date.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That is the same team that Michkov played on in his D-1, right? (Where he had the best performance for his age group ever)

Demidov's preseason accomplishments are just another blurb on Michkov's resume. I guess it's the best thing he has going for him to date.
Yes, 3 games. Then 1 game last year before being loaned out because he couldn’t crack the team :/

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Demidov > Michkov
His work ethic, attitude, SIZE, skill will make him the better Pro hockey player.

Michkov is pretty undersized and has the signs potentially to be a head case I think it will be a lot harder for his game to translate to the NHL.

If Michkov was in the 2024 draft Demidov would get picked before him.
LOL. No wonder Flyers fans are sick of this. Michkov is on a whole other level.

Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Uh, no. 13 games. Where he played more games and scored more points for SKA as a D-1 than Demidov has in his entire KHL "career" to date. :laugh:
It’s ok. The Demidov - Michkov debate will probably end like the Caufield - York debate.

Michkov >> Demidov, a couple preseason games and a homer fan posting nonsense doesn’t change that, stay coping.
I guess we will see soon enough. I like Demidov better. « Homer fan » - Said the guy with the Michkov avatar

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
LOL. No wonder Flyers fans are sick of this. Michkov is on a whole other level.
The majority of neutral ( non Hab fans ) recognize this . Michkov already has 2 successful ( especially given his age ) KHL seasons under his belt while Demidov has only played against kids . Glad that preseason games are so meaningful / telling for some . Is he good enough for the K this year after not cutting it in his draft season ? Guess we’ll see when the games count .

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The majority of neutral ( non Hab fans ) recognize this . Michkov already has 2 successful ( especially given his age ) KHL seasons under his belt while Demidov has only played against kids . Glad that preseason games are so meaningful / telling for some . Is he good enough for the K this year after not cutting it in his draft season ? Guess we’ll see when the games count .
We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be a neutral poster. and we in here talking about Preseason. I mean, listen, we're talking about Preseason, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about Preseason.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be a neutral poster. and we in here talking about Preseason. I mean, listen, we're talking about Preseason, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about Preseason.
SKA will reach record numbers on streams of their games this year , seriously , hockey is a religion here lol

Reactions: Xirik

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What else do you want to talk about? The season hasn’t started anywhere in Europe or NA.

I swear some posters sometimes…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad