Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
I watch Demidov, I am a fan of him, it was much easier to root for him before he was drafted. I never ever said one bad thing about him lol, the dude is super skilled. I just have Michkov rated higher, bro I've stayed up late in Japan multiple times just to catch Demidov. I don't think you truly believe every single scout evaulates these players the way you say lmao :laugh:
Oh i believe you bro, i swear. You can move on now :D

Reactions: viceroy

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
And you're neutral? I'm here to speak the truth which is Michkov is a better prospect than Demidov and has been superior at every. single. stage. of their development. Could it change, sure, but as of right now, it has not.

I'm not neutral, I'm a Habs fan but I was sure we were taking Michkov last year so I watched every single scouting video I could find on Youtube and have watched most of them since anyway.

Obviously I've watched every video I could find of Demidov and I'm sure there's bias in my take but I much prefer Demidov, no doubt. Just the fact that Demidov went out and learned English in his spare time because he wanted to be able to communicate with coaches and teammates right away should show you the difference in their attitude and view of development. He's committed to all parts of the game and is maniacal about getting better and does it with a great attitude. Michkov produces offence, that's obviously a great thing, but not everything.

The only relevant point for Michkov as a better prospect is that Demidov hasn't had his chance in the KHL this year, and we still won't know about his role or ice time, it might not be ideal. In any case there has rarely been a prospect like him that I have ever seen, and I've spent way too many hours of my life watching videos of non-NHLers play hockey.

To be clear, I think both players will be very good NHLers, potentially they'll both be stars. I just know that all else being equal I take Demidov every single time.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I'm not neutral, I'm a Habs fan but I was sure we were taking Michkov last year so I watched every single scouting video I could find on Youtube and have watched most of them since anyway.

Obviously I've watched every video I could find of Demidov and I'm sure there's bias in my take but I much prefer Demidov, no doubt. Just the fact that Demidov went out and learned English in his spare time because he wanted to be able to communicate with coaches and teammates right away should show you the difference in their attitude and view of development. He's committed to all parts of the game and is maniacal about getting better and does it with a great attitude. Michkov produces offence, that's obviously a great thing, but not everything.

The only relevant point for Michkov as a better prospect is that Demidov hasn't had his chance in the KHL this year, and we still won't know about his role or ice time, it might not be ideal. In any case there has rarely been a prospect like him that I have ever seen, and I've spent way too many hours of my life watching videos of non-NHLers play hockey.

To be clear, I think both players will be very good NHLers, potentially they'll both be stars. I just know that all else being equal I take Demidov every single time.
mitchkov.png

Can't wait for Tortorella first speech with this weird dude in the room.:laugh::help:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
so i questioned chatgpt 4.o on some parameters of NHL success based on two-way play and size, etc and here is what the algorithm concluded...just for fun:

1. Ivan Demidov:
    • Size: Demidov is generally considered to have a more typical NHL build, which might give him a physical advantage.
    • Style of Play: His game is more well-rounded, with a combination of skill, physicality, and adaptability that suits the modern NHL, where size and strength still play significant roles.
  2. Matvei Michkov:
    • Size: Michkov is smaller and relies heavily on his exceptional skill, vision, and hockey IQ. While smaller players can succeed, as discussed, they often face greater challenges and must consistently outperform to reach and sustain high levels in the NHL.
    • Style of Play: Michkov is an elite talent, known for his offensive creativity and scoring ability, which can sometimes outweigh size disadvantages. However, his smaller stature might require adjustments to the physical demands of the NHL.

Conclusion​

• Demidov: Based on the correlation analysis and his physical attributes, Demidov may have a higher probability of NHL success, particularly because his size aligns more with the attributes historically valued in the league. His game is likely to translate well to the NHL's physical style, giving him a higher floor in terms of potential.
  • Michkov: While Michkov is an exceptional talent, his smaller size suggests he might face more obstacles in adapting to the NHL. However, if he can leverage his skills effectively, he could still achieve great success, albeit with a potentially narrower margin for error.
In summary, Demidov likely has the most chance of success due to his combination of size and skill, which aligns with what the NHL typically rewards in terms of salary and impact. Michkov, though incredibly talented, may have to overcome more challenges related to his size.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
"will probably" lmao, Demidov has done nothing to prove he's on the same tier as Michkov. Caufield was always better than York, the Flyers messed up big on that pick. I've never for a second thought York was superior but neither are franchise players this is grasping at straws, like you continue to do in this thread constantly. Michkov avatar or not you're spewing nonsense, refusing to give real evidence that Demidov is in the same tier as Michkov lol, that = cope. "I think" "probably" "most likely" these are not facts or evidence this is nonsense.
Neither are Michkov or Demidov.

Also yes, Demidov and Michkov are most definitely in the same tier of prospects. You thinking Michkov is a notch above is pure cope

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
so i questioned chatgpt 4.o on some parameters of NHL success based on two-way play and size, etc and here is what the algorithm concluded...just for fun:

1. Ivan Demidov:
    • Size: Demidov is generally considered to have a more typical NHL build, which might give him a physical advantage.
    • Style of Play: His game is more well-rounded, with a combination of skill, physicality, and adaptability that suits the modern NHL, where size and strength still play significant roles.
  2. Matvei Michkov:
    • Size: Michkov is smaller and relies heavily on his exceptional skill, vision, and hockey IQ. While smaller players can succeed, as discussed, they often face greater challenges and must consistently outperform to reach and sustain high levels in the NHL.
    • Style of Play: Michkov is an elite talent, known for his offensive creativity and scoring ability, which can sometimes outweigh size disadvantages. However, his smaller stature might require adjustments to the physical demands of the NHL.

Conclusion​

• Demidov: Based on the correlation analysis and his physical attributes, Demidov may have a higher probability of NHL success, particularly because his size aligns more with the attributes historically valued in the league. His game is likely to translate well to the NHL's physical style, giving him a higher floor in terms of potential.
  • Michkov: While Michkov is an exceptional talent, his smaller size suggests he might face more obstacles in adapting to the NHL. However, if he can leverage his skills effectively, he could still achieve great success, albeit with a potentially narrower margin for error.
In summary, Demidov likely has the most chance of success due to his combination of size and skill, which aligns with what the NHL typically rewards in terms of salary and impact. Michkov, though incredibly talented, may have to overcome more challenges related to his

1. Ivan Demidov:
  2. Matvei Michkov:

Conclusion​

In summary, Demidov likely has the most chance of success due to his combination of size and skill, which aligns with what the NHL typically rewards in terms of salary and impact. Michkov, though incredibly talented, may have to overcome more challenges related to his size.
Exactly what I have been saying they both have same skill levels but Demidov has the NHL size, as a Habs fan I totally know how much harder it is for an undersized forward to create offense………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad