Michkov vs Demidov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What's so weird about it?

What would Briere's reaction be if Michkov wanted out of his ECL half-way through? I doubt he would have a good word to say about Michkov either.

The situation is very different than a player not extending after honoring his contract in full.
I mean Rotenberg gushes over Nikishin too. Nikishin's contract is done after this season and he's leaving too.
So why is Michkov the outlier here?

Reactions: Just Linda

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Neither Demidov or Perfetti for that matter are "below average".

Focusing on Demidov though......

Edgework + Acceleration

Edgework + Vision

Edgwork + Deceptiveness

Some breakout speed + strength

Elite edgework

Another view....

Strength

My opinion....with supporting videos from just the past week. He is far from a below average skater. Is he a burner? I don't think he is that. Does he have dynamic edges, with which he can control the puck, create time and space, and position himself in prime positions....oh hell yeah. His skating may seem unorthodox to some, but he is not below average. Lateral movement is well above average in my opinion. The jury is still out on straight line speed.
We're just going to disagree on the skating. It will be average at best. His overuse of his inside edges (likely due to knock knee) and heel to heel in the neutral and D-zone is an impediment, it won't be an asset unless he's left to circle in the O-zone on a powerplay or against a zone defense. His feet flare and the stride/posture/power combo reminds me of Farabee and the heel to heel overuse reminds me of Bobby Brink.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We're just going to disagree on the skating. It will be average at best. His overuse of his inside edges (likely due to knock knee) and heel to heel in the neutral and D-zone is an impediment, it won't be an asset unless he's left to circle in the O-zone on a powerplay or against a zone defense. His feet flare and the stride/posture/power combo reminds me of Farabee and the heel to heel overuse reminds me of Bobby Brink.
Yes.....let's end this right here....you lost me at your diagnoses of knock knee :laugh:! I guess time will tell.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Locker room cancer. But they don't want to believe it.
Don’t you dare say these words. You got no proof. They terminated Michkov contract to make him happy and loaned him out last year because he was too good for SKA.

You could literally subtract Michkov's DY and D+1 seasons from existence and he'd still be more proven than Demidov.
How do you know that? How many games of Michkov and Demidov have you actually watched?

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Don’t you dare say these words. You got no proof. They terminated Michkov contract to make him happy and loaned him out last year because he was too good for SKA.

How do you know that? How many games of Michkov and Demidov have you actually watched?
Dude michkov clearly has the better pedigree what are you even arguing. You can argue their skillsets and what will translate but in terms of actual raw numbers vs competition michkov is better on paper. You are going into circles with posters who are simply stating numerical facts.

You can even argue their *attitude* but you can't argue with the statistical evidence that Michkov put up better numbers than demi at all ages so far

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I agree there could be issues there, but if he continues to get faster and quicker, he could become a Kaprizov like skater.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t know why but I have a feeling Michkov is going to follow a similar career path to PLD and Laine and ask out at least twice in his first 7 years in the league

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

I know that by the fact that Michkov had accomplished KHL history as a 17 year old, a league that Demidov as an 18 year old has barely even begun to establish himself in, on top of being the more productive MHL player at their respective ages. And again, this is generously ignoring the draft year data that only further solidifies Michkov's case.

I watched probably 90% of Michkov's D+1 season live, plus most of his extended tape available on Youtube.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Montreal had the most inside info on Michkov with Bobrov’s father and passed on him… if that doesnt tell you something then idk?

Even with the character issues aside I find Demidov is the more complete player.

Skating

Demidov > Michkov

Playmaking/passing

Demidov > Michkov

Hockey iq

Demidov = Michkov

Shot

Demidov < Michkov

Defense

Demidov > Michkov

Compete level

Demodov > Michkov

Leadership

Demidov > Michkov

Hands

Denidov > Michkov

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Breaking news: the 19 years old prospect is more proven to date than the 18 years old prospect
And faced far far better competition to date . But we can keep ignoring that …. For reasons ….its like junior hockey vs AHL ( as far as the jump , not comparing AHL to KHL otherwise ) .

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I know that by the fact that Michkov had accomplished KHL history as a 17 year old, a league that Demidov as an 18 year old has barely even begun to establish himself in, on top of being the more productive MHL player at their respective ages. And again, this is generously ignoring the draft year data that only further solidifies Michkov's case.

I watched probably 90% of Michkov's D+1 season live, plus most of his extended tape available on Youtube.
Sure

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Dude michkov clearly has the better pedigree what are you even arguing. You can argue their skillsets and what will translate but in terms of actual raw numbers vs competition michkov is better on paper. You are going into circles with posters who are simply stating numerical facts.

You can even argue their *attitude* but you can't argue with the statistical evidence that Michkov put up better numbers than demi at all ages so far
Thank you for this rationality

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I don’t know why but I have a feeling Michkov is going to follow a similar career path to PLD and Laine and ask out at least twice in his first 7 years in the league
Seems more like desperate hope than based on literally anything lol . But keep trying ! Keep talking up the non hockey aspects ( attitude , trade requests, contract conspiracies etc ) rather their actual play in their respective leagues .

“I don’t know why but I feel like Demidov style of play could league to a career ending injury “

Do you not see how cringe such a prediction like this would be / is ?

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Seems more like desperate hope than based on literally anything lol . But keep trying ! Keep talking up the non hockey aspects ( attitude , trade requests, contract conspiracies etc ) rather their actual play in their respective leagues .

“I don’t know why but I feel like Demidov style of play could league to a career ending injury “

Do you not see how cringe such a thing this would be / is ?
Hey look, no need to be bitter here. All I’m saying is the pattern we are seeing from Michkov is similar to PLD/Drouin/Laine we seen early in their respective career.

Lots of attitude rumors, Michkov telling teams to not draft him etc… we’ve seen this play out before

Reactions: Just Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad