GDT: 2024 Rookie Tournament

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
"Hard to play against" to these guys means physicality and intensity, overall effectiveness be damned.

If you asked these guys they'd honestly tell you a D like Erik Gudbranson is harder to play against than Dylan DeMelo, even though the latter is far more effective at defending and if you asked who NHL forwards would prefer to be matched up against, it'd undoubtedly be the former.

Dinosaurs.
Hard to play against is forwards who track back well and D that don’t give you the middle of the ice. It’s being big, fast and committed.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If it was an isolated incident where all these injuries were happening in the Sens care, I “may” buy that

It has been happening:
- Before he was drafted with the NTDP
- In the NCAA with BU
- In the OHL with Ottawa
- In the World Juniors with Team USA
- In the AHL with Belleville

Regardless of who he has been playing with, the lack of development or training staff in Ottawa had nothing to do with him getting injured.

It remains to be seen if the needed improvements in those areas are going to help, but I’d have very serious doubts.
I think the bigger point was that he’s changed his training to focus more on Pilates and such. Chych made a similar change last year to train more to help prevent injuries and such, Chabby this off season as well.

It seems like we have a high quality staff now that can help these guys train properly to avoid injuries by building range of motion etc…

It has worked for others, hopefully it works for him too. He wouldn’t be the first kid to overcome injuries to have a career, and he wouldn’t be the first to have injuries kill his career before it starts.

Reactions: WallyD

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If it was an isolated incident where all these injuries were happening in the Sens care, I “may” buy that

It has been happening:
- Before he was drafted with the NTDP
- In the NCAA with BU
- In the OHL with Ottawa
- In the World Juniors with Team USA
- In the AHL with Belleville

Regardless of who he has been playing with, the lack of development or training staff in Ottawa had nothing to do with him getting injured.

It remains to be seen if the needed improvements in those areas are going to help, but I’d have very serious doubts.

How about shoulders?

This team seems to have one hell of a lot of shoulder injuries over the past decade or so.

Maybe it's a fluke....maybe it's something the guys are (or aren't) doing in their training routines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad