Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
To Leafs: Connor Mcdavid

To Oilers: Mitch Marner
Petr Mrazek
Nick Robertson
1st round pick 2022
1st round pick 2023
Ok folks i know edmonton fans don't like that proposal, i will up that one by telling Dubas to make a move and offer up Mathews and Nylander and i am sure that will rattle some feathers in leaf land as well, here is my point as i see it this leafs team needs a shake up cause they are not good going forward as i see it so why not take a chance and change it up by making a big move like this never mind little changes that dont make a difference, same thing for edmonton, how about it folks common DUBAS wake up same thing with Holland make a move, i think they can make the money ballance out somehow....

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
if McDavid is traded, I'm waiting until someone has the Bedard pick.

And yes, I know the team having that pick will most likely not trade it. But McDavid is not going anywhere unless both him and management say he does.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
if McDavid is traded, I'm waiting until someone has the Bedard pick.

And yes, I know the team having that pick will most likely not trade it. But McDavid is not going anywhere unless both him and management say he does.

Wouldn't you rather have literally ANYONE except for Edmonton develop that pick before you get your hands on him? What good is another RNH/Pulju/Yakupov for you?

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Wouldn't you rather have literally ANYONE except for Edmonton develop that pick before you get your hands on him? What good is another RNH/Pulju/Yakupov for you?

That's a weird thing to say. Bedard has McDavid-type development right now and will probably be the next star to build around. McDavid wasn't ruined, he has a lot of accolades and is putting up generational numbers despite the environment he is in.

I mean, they are trying their hardest to break his spirit, so there's that.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Why does Toronto even want to get rid of a top playmaking winger when they have a pure top goal scoring center to compliment?

Jun 27, 2005
Matthews , Nylander , sandain , 1st

No way you trade the face of the NHL to the biggest market in hockey for cheep

This sort of thing doesn't work as you have to take back more cap from them but the idea is closer than most. Edmonton's problem isn't McDavid it's their garbage like like Barrie, Keith, Ceci and of course Hyman who was easily replaced with Bunting. So the only way it works is if we take a bunch of their crap with McDavid and give them quality in return while keeping cap the same. So just for an example you might need to add Rielly and take back Ceci and Hyman etc. Either way it's not going to work.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Why does Toronto even want to get rid of a top playmaking winger when they have a pure top goal scoring center to compliment?
Because chances are this wasn't made by a leaf fan. Poster had like 30 posts total all in trade forums from what I can tell

Reactions: Ciao

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This is an absurd proposal.

McDavid is not going anywhere.

If he were going to the Leafs -- which he is not -- Matthews would have to go the other way. Neither team does that.
u wouldn't do Matthews for McDavid???? :huh:

Sheeeesh

Reactions: nturn06

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Who isn’t coming off major innovation neck surgery.
This is the big reason the Eichel trade != McDavid trade

However the proposals of like Matthews + Nylander + Sandin ++ are absurd. If McDavid can't get it done in Edmonton with one of the best players in the league on his team why are the leafs going to sell the farm to get him without a proper supporting cast?

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
That's a weird thing to say. Bedard has McDavid-type development right now and will probably be the next star to build around. McDavid wasn't ruined, he has a lot of accolades and is putting up generational numbers despite the environment he is in.

I mean, they are trying their hardest to break his spirit, so there's that.
McDavid developed himself, he’s that good. Edmonton org had nothing to do with it. Now do the rest.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
get real

there is no point, we are trying to add to the team not break even

yuck

no to moving Auston+++ for McDavid

no no interest

Oilers don't have a player in the Marner tier for a counter to make sense
unless its Matthews for Drai which I would not do as a Leafs fan.

I just puked in my mouth

Man I literally have ZERO interest in trading for Mcdavid
in 26-27 I expect him to come to Toronto as a UFA
Marner and Auston will resign in 24 and 25
I say keep our assets and wait a few yrs and get him for free

Good thing there’s no salary cap in Toronto

Reactions: nturn06

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Just for curiosity, what do you think that the Oilers would gain from this trade besides the 8.5 extra milion in cap hit?
Honestly I have not thought about it nor do I really care. I was just having some fun and three out a scenario as others are doing. At the very least it would be a huge shake up of both teams and just thought it would be a fun discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad