Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Marner + Sandin + Edmonton choice of 1 non NHL player (Niemela Robertson Knies Amirov) + 2 firsts. if Edmonton needs a reliable goalie we can swap smith and mrazek, if they wanna shave some cap I’d swap kassian and Ritchie as well.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
As of July 1st, Connor has full control of where he's going, "if" he asks to go out. There won't be any bidding, it will simply be... I want to be traded to X... if he chooses. He can veto any trade he chooses.

If McDavid wants to stay in Edmonton, that is exactly what will happen.

If he wants to be moved, he will be able to dictate after July 1st, where he goes.

Unless he asks to be moved, there is zero point in a conversation, that just results in people getting mad. This should be locked, unless McDavid asks out.

He can try, but if the team doesnt have the peices he wont be moved.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
If your trade proposal for Mcdavid doesn’t completely decimate your team it is not close in value for Mcdavid: this is not even close

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
McDavid won't be traded to another team in Canada

I bet he goes to a big market US team. My guess is either Pens, NYR or LA. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pittsburgh acquire him within a few years to replace an aging Crosby, Malkin.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So because Ken Holland couldn't get a goalie for this season, you're going to sell McDavid for pennies on the dollars? LOL.

Yeah, that makes sense.

There is no player in team history that makes the Oilers more money than McDavid. Not even Gretzky (1988 was a long time ago). You trade as many draft picks as you have to give him more help a kick Holland to the curb.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I guess you missed the part in the post you quoted where it says he has a nmc as of the turning over of the nhl calendar.
If he keeps quiet on his demands til that kicks in he has full control of the situation including not attending camp.
The best player in the world has a nmc, he holds ALL leverage

Guess you missed the part where even if he asked for a trade after the nmc kicks in, the oilers are under no obligation to trade him where he wants. They could, if they wanted tell him to sit his ass at home under suspension until he changes his mind or his contract runs out.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Guess you missed the part where even if he asked for a trade after the nmc kicks in, the oilers are under no obligation to trade him where he wants. They could, if they wanted tell him to sit his ass at home under suspension until he changes his mind or his contract runs out.
Right lol. They’re gonna waste the leagues best asset and alienate a player base that already doesn’t want to go there. Good luck

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Right lol. They’re gonna waste the leagues best asset and alienate a player base that already doesn’t want to go there. Good luck

He would be a wasted asset if they traded him for these trash offers, whats the difference? They wont win with microwaved butter soft marner. If a player can't honor his contract then thats his problem, not the organizations. Also, lets see this player base proof that doesn't wanna play there. I forgot, everyone wants to be a leaf! Just like stamkos!

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Marner + Sandin + Edmonton choice of 1 non NHL player (Niemela Robertson Knies Amirov) + 2 firsts. if Edmonton needs a reliable goalie we can swap smith and mrazek, if they wanna shave some cap I’d swap kassian and Ritchie as well.
This is a joke right? So bad on so many levels for the worlds best player

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He would be a wasted asset if they traded him for these trash offers, whats the difference? They wont win with microwaved butter soft marner. If a player can't honor his contract then thats his problem, not the organizations. Also, lets see this player base proof that doesn't wanna play there. I forgot, everyone wants to be a leaf! Just like stamkos!
Wow so I’m guessing a leaf fan slept with your wife or something. Lmao. Marner + Sandin + a bunch of futures is a good as it would get for any star player. When has any leagues best player ever been traded for “fair value”
Your tough guy stance is laughable and would get you fired in like .3 seconds if it was applied in real life.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This is a joke right? So bad on so many levels for the worlds best player
Is it? How? What would Edmonton be expecting if held over a barrel like this hypothetical situation would indicate is happening? Marner is the singular best piece that’s been offered by another fan base.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
So because Ken Holland couldn't get a goalie for this season, you're going to sell McDavid for pennies on the dollars? LOL.

Yeah, that makes sense.

There is no player in team history that makes the Oilers more money than McDavid. Not even Gretzky (1988 was a long time ago). You trade as many draft picks as you have to give him more help a kick Holland to the curb.
That’s well & good unless it’s Conor calling the shots. Which is what this whole thread is based on, of course Edmonton isn’t going to trade the leagues most dynamic player unless forced to do so.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That’s well & good unless it’s Conor calling the shots. Which is what this whole thread is based on, of course Edmonton isn’t going to trade the leagues most dynamic player unless forced to do so.

Kinda hard for him to "call the shots" when he's under contract for 4 more years.

The Oilers owner, Katz, will simply just order the GM to trade how ever many 1sts it takes to get the players.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
to Leafs
Tyler Benson
WIlliam Lagesson
2022 1st
2023 1st
A signed McDavid Jersey

to Edm :
Matthews.

alrighty then
1. When did benson put up 94pts in a season with other ppg seasons?
2. Why would Toronto trade a player in his prime when trying to compete?
3. You realize this whole thread is based around Conor saying uncle and asking out?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Kinda hard for him to "call the shots" when he's under contract for 4 more years.

The Oilers owner, Katz, will simply just order the GM to trade how ever many 1sts it takes to get the players.
Lots of players far less important and integral to the game have asked for trades and held out with term on their deals. That’s not really an option for Edmonton if Conor decides he’s done.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Wow so I’m guessing a leaf fan slept with your wife or something. Lmao. Marner + Sandin + a bunch of futures is a good as it would get for any star player. When has any leagues best player ever been traded for “fair value”
Your tough guy stance is laughable and would get you fired in like .3 seconds if it was applied in real life.

Whatever you say buttercup. You just keep being delusional, but when you get multiple leaf fans saying "he will just come home when his contract is up" but for some reason matthews will not go to arizona, just cause leafs. Think most people could care less about the leafs if it wasnt for their obnoxious fans.
As for my "tough guy stance", Holland would be fired instantly if marner was the main piece he got back in a trade for mcdavid.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Whatever you say buttercup. You just keep being delusional, but when you get multiple leaf fans saying "he will just come home when his contract is up" but for some reason matthews will not go to arizona, just cause leafs. Think most people could care less about the leafs if it wasnt for their obnoxious fans.
Arizona won’t have a team for Matthews to go to. They can barely pay rent & staff salaries, but they’re going to sign Matthews? Heck they don’t even have a rink to play in once the regular season commences. Give it a rest. Star players want to play for big time organizations. Neither Edmonton or Arizona are big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad