Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
To Leafs: Connor Mcdavid

To Oilers: Mitch Marner
Petr Mrazek
Nick Robertson
1st round pick 2022
1st round pick 2023

laughing-42.gif

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Petr Mrazek
Nick Robertson
1st round pick 2022
1st round pick 2023

This deal is pretty funny when you actually look at it, Funny in a bad way. When Mitch Marner is the best piece going to the oilers and the other pieces are not that good to start with.

Any trade with the leafs would be built around Mattthews or Reilly heading to Edmonton not the guy who is viewed by most as being a passenger on the lines he plays with

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Meh. How about this?

To Oilers: Nothing.

He'll leave there soonish anyway & the Leafs can just wait & sign him for nothing but money, when he wants to come home.

That’s what the Leafs should do, they will have the cap space after Mathews signs with Arizona when his contract expires.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021

Petr Mrazek
Nick Robertson
1st round pick 2022
1st round pick 2023
If the Leafs wanted a super skilled player who couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag they'd trade for kessel again at a fraction of the price. McDavid is pretty much a pre-hotdog Phil Kessel.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
so... a good player, a prospect, and injury prone goalie (with 2 more yrs @3.8m no less.. basically cap dump) and 2 late-ish 1sts... don't see it
Marner is just a “good player” like some one who should be on 4th line but can be comfortable in a 3rd line assignment and maybe even move up to a top 6 role in a desperate circumstance. I agree

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Probably wouldn’t be smart for Toronto to trade the best goal scorer in the league, who also plays great defensively, for a soft “centre” that skates fast to one zone and coasts back to the other. Especially adding to picks or prospects to that.

Reactions: Confucius

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Ok I agree with McDavid to the leafs. MY habs are in a full rebuild so no problem letting the Leafs win a cup. The oil has won cups ( gretsky years) The Leafs are way overdue. Now McDavid has NEVER lead his tean to a cup so although he is not a bust he sure NO GOD So the max the Leafs offer is a 1st and a 2nd and McDavid at 50% retention. Now on top of that I am willing to send Chariot as " goods on loan " for 6 months. Of course in 2-3 years Habs want a free 6 months of a leaf player.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Edmonton doesnt have to "honor" his choice of destination. His contract still has a long way to go
I guess you missed the part in the post you quoted where it says he has a nmc as of the turning over of the nhl calendar.
If he keeps quiet on his demands til that kicks in he has full control of the situation including not attending camp.
The best player in the world has a nmc, he holds ALL leverage

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Starts with Matthews. I don't see Toronto doing that sooo.
In this hyper unrealistic hypothetical situation we’re discussing where mcdavid asks out he’s surely coming to Toronto to play with Matthews. They’re good buddies and share an agent and work out in the summer.
Also if HF loves getting horny over Matthews walking from Toronto in two years over baseless nonsense how do you think it’ll be for Edmonton those two years they have Matthews locked in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad