Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Why would we trade Ovechkin for Crosby?
Matthews isn't near the player OV is/was. The only part of Matthews game that is somewhat similar [Not as good as OV ] is putting the puck in the net.
The rest of their game is totally opposite. One hits like a truck and plays a tough game while the other well so far in his career he seems to disappear when it comes down that rough stuff.

Reactions: nturn06

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
2 guys that can’t lead their teams anywhere in the playoffs, yet TO has to add prospects and picks?

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Good thing there’s no salary cap in Toronto
well when McDavid is a UFA the tavares contract will be off the books, Marner will be resigned cheaper, Matthews will be resigned for prob a lil more, same with Nylander. Plus with the rise of the cap there should be more than enough space for us to go after him as a UFA
Edmonton without thinking twice.
cmon now, The Leafs would be terrible with just McDavid

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
McDavid would probably be so sick of the pressure of playing in a Canadian market with Canadian reporters. There is no chance he signs with a canadian club again.

you guys even criticize him when he does a rare article on architectural digest...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
McDavid would probably be so sick of the pressure of playing in a Canadian market with Canadian reporters. There is no chance he signs with a canadian club again.

you guys even criticize him when he does a rare article on architectural digest...

I criticized his weird lady friend not him...just you know...speaking on my part

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Matthews isn't near the player OV is/was. The only part of Matthews game that is somewhat similar [Not as good as OV ] is putting the puck in the net.
The rest of their game is totally opposite. One hits like a truck and plays a tough game while the other well so far in his career he seems to disappear when it comes down that rough stuff.
Matthews isn't as physical as Ovechkin. But, he's a big boy, he can throw the body pretty well. Like Ovechkin is bigger and more physical than Crosby, Matthews is the same way with McDavid, just to a different degree because both Ovechkin and Crosby were more physical than their comparable.

Matthews is the best goal scorer in the league when healthy. He should be a serious rocket contender every year like Ovechkin has been as long as his body holds up.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This is essentially me saying

Barzal
Mayfield
Aatu Raty
2023 first

for Mcdavid

It's an embarrassing offer.
Pretty much lol

I agree it’s an underwhelming return, that’s why I don’t think these two teams are tailored to trade with each other. We don’t have an insane steal deal, like if AM was ok 9.5x8 or Marner was on 8x8.

Nylander is the only player worth his cap hit and may actually stay past his current contract. Marner is overpaid by 1-2m and is another winger. AM isn’t better + he isn’t gonna stay so he alone doesn’t get it done. No point in talking of JT.

We’d have to do Nylander and Matthews and I personally wouldn’t wanna give up those assets as we become even more too heavy and won’t be able to provide Mcdavid with suitable wingers for playoff runs

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I actually don't agree with it having to be Matthews. It legitimately wouldn't even make sense for the Oilers to go after Matthews because its safe to assume Matthews would walk as a UFA from the Oilers sans McDavid. If the Oilers are trading McDavid - they're blowing it the hell up for multiple years.

McDavid won't get traded unless he absolutely demands it and things get ugly. If he did, other teams would be a much better fit than Toronto - so it would require him demanding to go to Toronto.

A world where McDavid demands to go to the Leafs would require obscene dominoes where the Leafs trade Marner to someone else (or the Oilers if they wanted him, but again for similar reasons to Matthews I expect they wouldn't) and then its just a ridiculous amount of picks, prospects, and RFA team controlled young options.

So yeah, not happening.

All of these are true . Matthews could be sent to anther team so it may work if and thats a big if McDavid wanted out .

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
10 Pages of it’s not enough, keep dreaming, your players are garbage etc.

The reality is that if McDavid ask for a trade publicly the Oiler organization will have to move him and I don’t know what conditions his contract have in it but that will likely dictate where he ends up. Will it be enough? No but that will always happen when you have the top player in the league in the trade discussion.

If the Oilers fail to make the Playoffs yet again and the TML fail to win a round (IMO its ECF or bust but one step at a time) it will be time for change. My thought would be to bring in Zona in the discussion and have a three way with. Matthews going to Zona, McDavid to Toronto and the lottery pick plus a ton of other picks or prospects from the respective teams to have the Oilers start fresh yet again.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Steamy 3-way. 3 struggling young players, combined 22 NHL seasons and neither has ever gotten passt the 2nd round, change of scenery

:avs Matthews

:edmonton MacKinnon

:leafs McDavid

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Like I said Leafs are the only team here that can trade 100 point 23 year old. They aren't selling hope.
Following your weird logic Pitt and Wasgington can add 18 and 20 year olds, who actually scored over 100 points and not just paced close to it.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Probably needs tweeking but disgruntled McDavid for Marner is a great base for a trade.
It's not. Marner is overpaid, McDavid is underpaid. If the one year of lesser term for Marner is factoring in as a plus, you should see how of you are.
Edmonton either blows it up or needs a main piece back, which is signed longterm to a value contract (Svech). With the saved cap hit they can try to make up for the downgrade. With less than 2m cap savings, there is no way to make up the difference in play between McD and Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad