Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Arizona won’t have a team for Matthews to go to. They can barely pay rent & staff salaries, but they’re going to sign Matthews? Heck they don’t even have a rink to play in once the regular season commences. Give it a rest. Star players want to play for big time organizations. Neither Edmonton or Arizona are big time.

Either is a team that hasnt won a cup in over 50 years, and how long since the second round?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Either is a team that hasnt won a cup in over 50 years, and how long since the second round?
Biggest media market, most valuable franchise, biggest fan base. Auston loves the attention and what it means to be a leaf.
If they fail to have any meaningful success by the time his deal is up I might be wary of him leaving, but certainly not for Arizona.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
6f6.jpg

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Pretty much the reply I expected from someone convinced everyone wants to play there, way more than where he was born unlike apparently every player born near toronto. If you can't clue in how much having matthews in arizona would help them, then continue plugging your ears and yelling leafs!
They won’t have a team for him to help, they’re going to be relocated at the end of year. Even if that doesn’t happen they run their team at the cap floor thru smoke and mirrors yet they’re going to commit a max salary to do so? Matthews in Arizona does nothing for the league. Having him in Boston Philly New York LA Chicago or even detroit does a lot more for the league. The idea of Matthews leaving to play in az is one created by bored people looking for a reason to be controversial. It makes no sense. unless you have blind hatred over everything Toronto related and can’t help themselves in exposing that bias at every opportunity.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
They won’t have a team for him to help, they’re going to be relocated at the end of year. Even if that doesn’t happen they run their team at the cap floor thru smoke and mirrors yet they’re going to commit a max salary to do so? Matthews in Arizona does nothing for the league. Having him in Boston Philly New York LA Chicago or even detroit does a lot more for the league. The idea of Matthews leaving to play in az is one created by bored people looking for a reason to be controversial. It makes no sense. unless you have blind hatred over everything Toronto related and can’t help themselves in exposing that bias at every opportunity.

I'm sure auston has no interest in seeing the sport grow in his home state, just as I'm sure he doesn't think him playing for them would help with that, in front of his family and friends. And if you think gary is gonna let his pet project leave, your more delusional than I thought.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm sure auston has no interest in seeing the sport grow in his home state, just as I'm sure he doesn't think him playing for them would help with that, in front of his family and friends. And if you think gary is gonna let his pet project leave, your more delusional than I thought.
They have no rink to play in. The only viable location in state tore up the lease. This is Atlanta 2.0
I realize that you get a semi chub at the thought of bad things happening to the leafs, but last I checked they’re a top 5 team in defence and overall. Meanwhile Edmonton hasn’t won a game with their coach in 11 straight and signs of the whole thing unravelling is starting to show. Try and keep it on topic.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
They have no rink to play in. The only viable location in state tore up the lease. This is Atlanta 2.0
I realize that you get a semi chub at the thought of bad things happening to the leafs, but last I checked they’re a top 5 team in defence and overall. Meanwhile Edmonton hasn’t won a game with their coach in 11 straight and signs of the whole thing unravelling is starting to show. Try and keep it on topic.

Ya, you guys really kill it during the regular season, too bad that doesnt matter much beyond just getting in. I don't hate the leafs, I just find alot of their fans really obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad