Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
The offers in here make it seem like McDavid has Holland at gunpoint and only wants to goto Toronto. They're terrible.

If he was truly available, there would be like 25 teams in the phone queue with stronger offers.

Reactions: CameHameHa

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Uhhh.... Even if they were equal which they are not. Mcdavid has a way better contract. Would have to be a significant add from Toronto to get this done.

You think leafs wouldn't trade matthews for mcdavid? Straight up?

My god you leaf fans are so delusional.

Toronto most certainly does
I'm not even getting into whether it's a straight up, for a package, or whatever, because it's just not happening.

All I'm saying is that if McDavid Is going to the Leafs then Matthews is going in the other direction, regardless of what other assets might be involved. Neither team does this.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
I'm not even getting into whether it's a straight up, for a package, or whatever, because it's just not happening.

All I'm saying is that if McDavid Is going to the Leafs then Matthews is going in the other direction, regardless of what other assets might be involved. Neither team does this.

once again, Toronto most CERTAINLY does, Matthews is not worth even close to McD

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

The fact you even had to write this cleary shows how much you overrate him.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The offers in here make it seem like McDavid has Holland at gunpoint and only wants to goto Toronto. They're terrible.

If he was truly available, there would be like 25 teams in the phone queue with stronger offers.

As of July 1 this year he has a full NMC. Mcdavid controls where he goes. If he goes anywhere.

there would not be a bidding war. There would be. I want to be X……

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Probably needs tweeking but disgruntled McDavid for Marner is a great base for a trade.
LEAFS HOMER ALERT.

You know there's something called potential right? high end prospects?
If you don't even understand that concept maybe you should follow another sport.

If some team would offer multiple high end prospects/picks/roster players why would edm even want marner?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Mcdavid has a full NMC at the end of the year. He and Matthews have the same agent group and they are friends. It wouldn’t go like that

Mcdavid may want to stay. He may ask out to go to NYR or Columbus. Who knows.

but he has total control

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

100% agree.

I think the best time for Mcdavid to ask out is in his second-last season on that contract (2024-25). This is assuming he wants to go to a specific team. He can begin applying pressure on the GM and get what he wants. The reason is, he will have a full NMC by then and he can threaten to walk away for free in a year.

If he just wants out like Eichel did then he could put in a request today.

From Edmonton's perspective, if they made up their mind to rebuild, now would be the best time. The NMC isn't activated yet. They can easily ship him anywhere for a massive haul and essentially handpick the pieces they want.

Reactions: wonton15

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
IF Leafs get bounced again in the 1st round.

AM34 for McDavid type trade could make sense.... if EDM wants to part ways

Change of scenery for both players.

If McDavid is traded, I also see Drai traded also.

Oilers would look like different/new team

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
who's the 100 point 23 year old? marner has hit 90 once like 3 years. Calling him perennial 100 point scorer is just showing your bias.

Not to mention if oilers were to trade mcdavid they will be looking for high end prospects.
Not heavily overpaid soft wingers.
Perennial ~95 point player.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Edmonton can ask, but Leafs probably counter with Marner and wait on a different team to come up with a better package than Marner+

You keep forgetting that at 10.9M Marner doesn't carry THAT much value. Why would EDM want an overpaid Marner for a disgruntled McDavid that is at least paid fairly? They can find better offers that include way better players than Marner.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Edmonton doesnt have to "honor" his choice of destination. His contract still has a long way to go

Ya and he goes full Dubois. The idea that they hold the best player in the league hostage makes no sense.

players can easily force themselves to where they want to go now. Eichel didn’t just end up in Columbus. Fox ends up on the rangers. Dubois ends up in Winnipeg where he wanted to be.

laine ends up with his Finnish GM.

Going the whole year with an open trade request is not going to happen

This is all hypothetical. But If he asked out and wanted to go to TO. He would be there. If he stated the year. It wouldn’t last long.

same goes for if he wanted to go to Boston. But this is the Toronto thread.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You keep forgetting that at 10.9M Marner doesn't carry THAT much value. Why would EDM want an overpaid Marner for a disgruntled McDavid that is at least paid fairly? They can find better offers that include way better players than Marner.

again NMC. It all depends on where he would want to go if he asked out.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
If this was a few years ago and Toronto still had pieces like Kapanen and Johnsson to ADD to Marner. MAYBE you could use Marner as a base. Maybe.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think he does provide value and waiting on an example of a better offer.

No one has provided one yet...they just keep throwing out words with nothing to back it up.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I think he does provide value and waiting on an example of a better offer.

No one has provided one yet...they just keep throwing out words with nothing to back it up.
You haven't really provided one either. You just keep saying a deal around Marner for McDavid.

Which is a shitty base, but what's the rest of your actual offer? There's almost no salary difference here so it's not like Edmonton even really gains any capspace to start.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
IF Leafs get bounced again in the 1st round.

AM34 for McDavid type trade could make sense.... if EDM wants to part ways

Change of scenery for both players.

If McDavid is traded, I also see Drai traded also.

Oilers would look like different/new team

Doesnt mean... Edm has to take 50 cents on the dollar type return

Rangers could offer Lafreniere, Zibanejad, Lindgren, Miller, Othmann and three 1sts. Which would easily beat that Leafs offer

Unless AM34 is the main piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad