Proposal: Mcdavid to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I normally never believe home town Boys will come back home to be a leaf when they hit ufa, but I truly believe McDavid will in this case. Its just a feeling and I could totally be wrong of course. Just a gut feeling.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
McDavid, Hyman and Kassian for
Mathews, Nylander, Kerfoot

McDavid>Mathews
Nylander>Hyman
Kerfoot>Kassian
$$$ are close
Leafs get tougher to play against Oilers get more balanced scoring!

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Like I said Leafs are the only team here that can trade 100 point 23 year old. They aren't selling hope.

who's the 100 point 23 year old? marner has hit 90 once like 3 years. Calling him perennial 100 point scorer is just showing your bias.

Not to mention if oilers were to trade mcdavid they will be looking for high end prospects.
Not heavily overpaid soft wingers.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This does nothing to address Edmonton's D or Goaltending (Mrazek is not the answer IMO).

If Edmonton is moving one of their two studs it should be Leon in a deal for a quality D and Goalie. Like Hart, Provorov, Laughten. even then if I am Holland I do a better job building around Leon and McDavid.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I assume the Oilers would be rebuilding if McDavid is out.

Marner
Sandin/Liljegren
Robertson
2022 1st
2023 1st

So that's essentially a young star + 1 blue-chip prospect + 1 good prospect + two 1st rounders (three considering one of Sandin and Lily would be a first-rounder too). They could add a few smaller pieces (i.e. 2nds, prospects) but there's no reason to include that here.

Marner would be a good safety net to protect against a prospect not working out. It's a good haul.

I don't know if that would be the best deal available though. I think another team could outdo it with higher quality prospects even if they don't give a star like Marner.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
This does nothing to address Edmonton's D or Goaltending (Mrazek is not the answer IMO).

If Edmonton is moving one of their two studs it should be Leon in a deal for a quality D and Goalie. Like Hart, Provorov, Laughten. even then if I am Holland I do a better job building around Leon and McDavid.
agreed, that trade does nothing for EDM, but maybe make them worse.. and does the cap even work?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
It's the best they can get for a disgruntped player.

Is that the premise of the trade McDavid proposals lol

How do you know that's the best?

If mcdavid is available other teams will make their star players available. pastrnak and rantanen are 2 players that come to mind that are both better and cheaper than marner. And there are lots of other options too.

You think oilers are rushing to take the heaviley overpaid soft winger? Get real

So edm will take the winger that 90% of your fanbase doesn't even want because it's the best offer and your sure about that? Do you even read what you write?

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
NYR have some good young prospects and picks that would be appealing.. LA as well
NYR and LA I think are the only 2 teams in the league who could put together a proposal that people wouldn’t scoff at. They’d have to gut their team to do it, which is why he will never be traded, not to mention the Oilers owner would never sign it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad