Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
I get a kick out of all these proposals for literally the best player in the world, that don’t even include the best player on the other team in return. The conversation doesn’t even get serious until Fox or Panarin is part of the return.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
So Bratt stinks?

Who ever said that? Bratt is having his coming out party this year and that’s great because he’s our only top #6 winger. Hughes has just recently started playing with Bratt and both guys seem to mesh well with one another but having another quality winger on that line would really boost Jack’s stats. Being able to post up a PPG with very little help, at 20 years of age on a poor team is very impressive and Jack’s ceiling is super high, despite what everyone was saying about him months ago.

Zacha, Tatar and and Sharangovich aren’t too #6 wingers, they just aren’t.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I get a kick out of all these proposals for literally the best player in the world, that don’t even include the best player on the other team in return. The conversation doesn’t even get serious until Fox or Panarin is part of the return.

I want to hear some Oilers fans opinions on this out of curiosity. Havent yet.

Fox
Zibby
Laf
Oilers choice of prospect
Draft capital

What would the prospect and draft capital have to be to complete the trade.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Rangers don't have the young center, dman or goalie available to make it work.

Anaheim(McTavish/Drysdale/Dostal)
Florida(Lundell/Ekblad/Knight)
Buffalo(Cozens/Krebs/Power/Levi)
Detroit(Larkin/Seider/Cossa)
Avalanche(Newhook/Byram/Annunen)
Vancouver(Petterson/Hughes/Demko)
New Jersey (Hughes/Hughes/Blackwood)

Off the top of my head the teams that have the assets that would appease HFoil fans in a McDavid or Draisaitl trade.
I’d honestly do Petey+Demko

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I want to hear some Oilers fans opinions on this out of curiosity. Havent yet.

Fox
Zibby
Laf
Oilers choice of prospect
Draft capital

What would the prospect and draft capital have to be to complete the trade.

As I stated previously :

I don't think Fox will want to play in Edmonton.

Allowing the Rangers to keep Panarin, Zib, and Fox keep them in Stanley Cup contention.

I proposed a futures heavy trade that would allow the Rangers to challenge for the cup this year and Edmonton to challenge in short order:

:edmonton

Shersterkin
Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider
Chytil

:rangers

Connor McDavid
Koskinen
Kassian

Georgeiv takes over the starter position for NYR, Shesterkin takes over for the Oilers.
Oilers make additional trades after this one to try and land Chychrun and Zub.

Oilers line up (in my perfect dreamworld)

Kane - Draisaitl - Kakk0
Hyman - RNH - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Chytil - Yamamoto
Benson - McLeod - Perlini

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Zub
Keith - Ceci

Shesterkin
Skinner

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
As I stated previously :

I don't think Fox will want to play in Edmonton.

Allowing the Rangers to keep Panarin, Zib, and Fox keep them in Stanley Cup contention.

I proposed a futures heavy trade that would allow the Rangers to challenge for the cup this year and Edmonton to challenge in short order:

Shersterkin
Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider
Chytil

:rangers

Connor McDavid
Koskinen
Kassian

Georgeiv takes over the starter position for NYR, Shesterkin takes over for the Oilers.
Oilers make additional trades after this one to try and land Chychrun and Zub.

Oilers line up (in my perfect dreamworld)

Kane - Draisaitl - Kakk0
Hyman - RNH - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Chytil - Yamamoto
Benson - McLeod - Perlini

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Zub
Keith - Ceci

Shesterkin
Skinner

How would the cap work for NY?

McDavid + Koskiken + Kassian is like 21 mil lol.

They also have Fox+Zibanejad's deals kicking in next year.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
How would the cap work for NY?

McDavid + Koskiken + Kassian is like 21 mil lol.

They also have Fox+Zibanejad's deals kicking in next year.

Fair question. I suppose more realistically Kassian would have to be dropped. Koskinen's contract is almost over (47 games) so prorated it is about a $2.6 M cap hit.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I just don't see Shersterkin being the center piece of a McDavid deal. The owners would have to sell the move as a way to improve their own teams, and only Fpx "could" be argued as a good move long-term to Oil fans. So Shersterkin would be part of the package with Fox. Something like

Fox
Shersterkin
Pick
Pick

Or something like

Fox
Laff
Kakko
Georgeiv
Pick

For McDavid

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
We still are owed something, for sending Mess your way. We sent half our team so you could win the cup !

I demand a good goalie for nothing !!!!!

Reactions: NoQuitInNewMexico

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
:kings
Connor McDavid C
Cody Ceci D

Quinton Byfield C/LW
Alex Turcotte C/LW
Alex Iaffalo LW
Matt Roy D
1st Round Pick

Kempe - McDavid - Kaliyev
Athanasiou - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Moore - Danault - Kupari
Lemieux - Vilardi - Brown
*Lizotte, JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Ceci
Edler - Durzi
*Walker, Maatta

:naughty:

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
He’s not getting traded anytime soon even if he wants out. There just not a deal that works that doesn’t destroy a teams depth/farm system or a deal that doesn’t hose the oilers

Much lesser players have forced the issue. McDavid's camp may have to go public, but if he wants out then he is out. Oilers probably aren't getting fair value in any trade for McDavid, but that's how the business goes when a player demands a trade. See Eichel most recently.

If 31 teams are bidding than the Oilers get a haul, but McDavid has a NMC and if he submits a list of 3-5 teams that significantly decreases the return.

Reactions: bernmeister

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:kings
Connor McDavid C
Cody Ceci D

Quinton Byfield C/LW
Alex Turcotte C/LW
Alex Iaffalo LW
Matt Roy D
1st Round Pick

Kempe - McDavid - Kaliyev
Athanasiou - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Moore - Danault - Kupari
Lemieux - Vilardi - Brown
*Lizotte, JAD

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Ceci
Edler - Durzi
*Walker, Maatta

:naughty:

Never again should the Kings and the Oilers deal in superstars.

Reactions: Chayos

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If McDavid is getting traded it's because he requested a trade, and that's why you're not seeing those names thrown out.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Just turned 25 years old Connor McDavid, in a trade today, would garner the absolute best from the proposing team, no exempt players or assets

If you (Rangers) want McDangles, in his prime, Adam Fox, Igor Sheshterkin and an unconditional 2023 1st round pick (Bedard draft) are required components of the deal

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
If McDavid is getting traded it's because he requested a trade, and that's why you're not seeing those names thrown out.

If your team does not want to trade the best player, there are only other 30 teams in the league and they are all interested....

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Flyers? They need a star - have depth.

Couturier + Provorov + Hart.

1C, 1G, 1D - just none ‘elite’ at their position, but solid in those roles. Youngish as well. 29, 25, 23. I think it baseline beats what most teams can offer without decimating themselves.

Add other smaller pieces as needed. I think they’ll want to keep their pick and ultra young prospects. But more youngish roster players are there.

sanheim, konecny, farabee, lindblom, frost.

They’d re-create a goalie problem but have prospect depth there.

Edm wants depth and the Flyers need a star - there may be a fit. I don’t think the Flyers are in the mode of ‘untouchables’ as NYR because NYR is having a good season. Their core youngish players can be had as it’s obviously not working and hockey trades can be made.

EDM has a drop off at 2C, but a selke winner who can stabilize their defensive aptitude. A solid 1D to anchor the second pair for more D help. 1G with potential to be elite.

Flyers add speed, and dynamic ability to their center core. They have York up and next year Ellis back (hopefully).

Price can be altered for Drai as well but Flyers really need speed.

Really think if EDM still wants to go for it this can be done in a hockey trade.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is quantity over the much much higher quality. This trade makes the Oilers worse now and in the future. One of Laf or Kakko would have to be looking really good right now, but then they wouldn't be part of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad