Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I want to hear some Oilers fans opinions on this out of curiosity. Havent yet.

Fox
Zibby
Laf
Oilers choice of prospect
Draft capital

What would the prospect and draft capital have to be to complete the trade.
The oilers likely don't want laf. ...

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
So the bottom line is anyone wanting McDavid must gut their roster. That would leave them with McDavid and a bunch of passengers, which is a worse situation than McDavid is in right now.
So, why would any GM do it?
I'm not suggesting McDavid doesn't deserve a great return, but acquiring him is a sure fire way to screw your franchise.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Like a previous poster said, the Devils could offer a solid package of Jack Hughes, Luke Hughes and Mackenzie Blackwood.

It’ll never happen but if it did, I think it would be a fair deal for both teams.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya sure the Rangers get the top scoring and arguably best player in the league since he joined in 2015 for 4 former first rounders, none of which has lived up to what is expected of them and a goalie who is the backup on his team at the moment.

This season alone.

McDavid 36 games 19-36-55

all the rangers players in this trade combined?

140 games between them. 18-22-40

Makes sense

Reactions: Hire Sather

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I feel like a trade for McDavid is the kind of trade that costs so much it makes both teams worse off.

Also the original package is bad. I’d imagine any trade for McDavid starts with Fox.

Fox
Shesty
Chytil
Schneider
Laf
A boatload of picks and prospects.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Cmon man. They aren't trading Fox.
I get a kick out of all these proposals for literally the best player in the world, that don’t even include the best player on the other team in return. The conversation doesn’t even get serious until Fox or Panarin is part of the return.
Lifelong fan, basically says NY is the only place he wants to play, wins a freaking Norris, and they trade him before his second contract even starts? They would be the Darth Vader of the NHL and it would be bad news for their rep as to how well they treat their players. Not even for McD.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
So the bottom line is anyone wanting McDavid must gut their roster. That would leave them with McDavid and a bunch of passengers, which is a worse situation than McDavid is in right now.
So, why would any GM do it?
I'm not suggesting McDavid doesn't deserve a great return, but acquiring him is a sure fire way to screw your franchise.

If the oilers ever actually trade Mcdavid it’ll be a futures heavy deal. Something like a good young roster player + top prospect + 4 1st rd picks.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If your team does not want to trade the best player, there are only other 30 teams in the league and they are all interested....
The vast majority of those 30 other teams can’t get McDavid for a myriad of reasons, especially once his NMC kicks in this summer.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
There is no deal between the Rangers and Oilers that makes sense for either team.

What Edmonton would want doesn't make sense for the Rangers.

What the Rangers would want to give up for McDavid doesn't make sense for Edmonton.

Its not a fit.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Ed, stop w/the win now. Come back from the dark side. You're smarter than that.

Believe it or not, it's a good offer but if I'm EDM I press for Lindgren + Jones as well and NY relents if Chytil comes back.
But it is still not good long term strategy to cannibalize youth for vets.
And what if -- he'll get the same max $$ wherever he signs -- what if after his contract is up in whatev relatively soon period of time he does not extend w/Rangers?
Depth + cap flexibility from quality youth > other options

lol are you kidding me? Are you saying you wouldn't do this?

Laf and Kakko may never be top 6 forwards.

Chytil might not be an NHL player

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Reality is Draisaitl is the guy teams should be targeting. Better value contract at 4m cheaper.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
McDavid is untouchable. But if he wasn't, you can bet that Edm would demand Fox and/or Shesterkin, plus Lafreniere, plus a million picks and all our prospects.

Realistically, Edmonton should trade Draisaitl to a team with multiple young stars who is looking to rebuild around one mega star.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The only way that McDavid is dealt, is he demands to be moved. He would only do so, after July 1st, when his NMC kicks in, and he controls the process. At that point, he could pick just one team to be traded to, three teams, or who knows how many teams. There aren't many teams (in the top half of the league) that have the capability to deal for him, between their own cap, their own NMC/NTC's, and other situations. The returns will never favour a team trading a star player, that controls the destination(s).

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
It’s a better offer then the garbage Rangers fans are offering in this thread.

Jack Hughes is a 20 year old PPG center who has no help or very little, the 2nd dman picked in last years draft who’s crushing it in his freshman season in the NCAA and a starting goaltender.

How horrible!
Jack Hughes is still 150 soaking wet and a defensive liability. Will never be a 1 center and that is your centerpiece for McDavid? LMFAO

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The vast majority of those 30 other teams can’t get McDavid for a myriad of reasons, especially once his NMC kicks in this summer.

No GM is dumb enough to trade McD for spare parts, that would be killing his career. And yes I know that GMs do dumb deals, but trading a McD is a completelly different thing.

If the right offer does not comes along, well the Oilers still control his rights for 4 more years, he can play or sit out or expand his trade list....Trading him for way under what he is worth is not an option.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The only way that McDavid is dealt, is he demands to be moved. He would only do so, after July 1st, when his NMC kicks in, and he controls the process. At that point, he could pick just one team to be traded to, three teams, or who knows how many teams. There aren't many teams (in the top half of the league) that have the capability to deal for him, between their own cap, their own NMC/NTC's, and other situations. The returns will never favour a team trading a star player, that controls the destination(s).

And the Oilers say no, what is he goona do? Sit out for 4 years?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like a trade for McDavid is the kind of trade that costs so much it makes both teams worse off.

Also the original package is bad. I’d imagine any trade for McDavid starts with Fox.

Fox
Shesty
Chytil
Schneider
Laf
A boatload of picks and prospects.

This is what I was thinking….if I’m Edmonton, and I’m really looking to shake it up, I want a sure fire core guy like Fox for the best forward on the planet.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Obviously wont happen but can you imagine G-D-C trio of Shesterkin, Fox, McDavid
Probably one of the best in history assuming Shesty continues on his current carrer path.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
No GM is dumb enough to trade McD for spare parts, that would be killing his career. And yes I know that GMs do dumb deals, but trading a McD is a completelly different thing.

If the right offer does not comes along, well the Oilers still control his rights for 4 more years, he can play or sit out or expand his trade list....Trading him for way under what he is worth is not an option.
This gets said every time and every time that guy gets traded. We literally just saw this.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Unless the Oilers are giving up and deciding it is time to rebuild there is likely no deal that makes sense for them or the team trying to acquire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad