Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Sarcasm sometimes comes out on internet ;) That's what fans of other teams are implying.
Oh I know. I just mean the talk of McDavid getting traded in general on this board is wishful thinking. It's pretty unlikely.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Any trade for McDavid would include a teams best goalie, a top pairing dman and a second line center at minimum. And they would all have to be quality players with term. Or it would never happen from an Oilers perspective.

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Who is that good for? Drai > Panarin and McDavid + Drai can't do jack shit . What the hell can Panarin and McDavid do together?

Well… the presumption is that the other 24-2+McDavid roster players that you have, including a solid D-core and depth throughout the forward ranks would be a better team than the 2021/22 Oilers.

So I guess I don’t understand the question. Are you equating our non McD roster to your non-Fox-Shesty roster?? I don’t see those as equivalent.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Any trade for McDavid would include a teams best goalie, a top pairing dman and a second line center at minimum. And they would all have to be quality players with term. Or it would never happen from an Oilers perspective.

Yes, offers has to be real.

Would a franshcise really trade off a called generational talent for a bunch om middle players??
The franchise would go back 15 years of work. Such profiles has a enormous impact on teams, fans, coverage.
The team would close to die.

ITs like you would trade a bunch of 2nd liners for Mario Lemeiux. Pittsburgh wouldnt do those trades.

THe cost would be the other teams 1st line C, a quality D, a good goalie + pick for Connor MCDavid+ some D man + pick/backup goalie / cap dump whatever to round it out.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
I wouldn't trade Mackinnon for McDavid even if EDM retains 100% salary for the rest of the contract

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
You want McDavid you are giving up Fox+++

Which is why it would never happen. The asks that I've seen from the Rangers would only make them worse. That doesn't mean McJesus isn't great. It just means that its a team game and gutting your team for a superstar who hasn't won anything makes zero sense.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The return for Mcdavid from the Rangers would be insulting to Ranger fans. The days of cash going back the other way are gone.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's one thing to discuss what is fair value for McDavid. Talking about a somewhat realistic trade is another.

A lot of the pieces Edmonton would want have a NMC. Shestyorkin is the only one that could be dealt during next season. Technically Fox now, but that would not go down well. I don't see how a trade could work between NYR and Edmonton regarding McDavid.

The only way Edmonton is trading McDavid is if he actually wants out. This automatically lowers his value, other teams know the organization is under pressure from the player and is forced to make a move anyway. The Eichel situation is not really the perfect comparable because of his injury status, but that trade is pretty far off if you consider the actual value of the players. If the Oilers are expecting a package that includes two star players for McDavid, they are going to be disappointed. They might get one star player, + a good roster player + good prospect + 1st. Even that is hard to pull off, because of the various clauses star players usually have in their contract. If we are talking Colorado, a realistic package would probably be something like Rantanen + Newhook/Byram + Jost/Compher + 1st (and maybe a 2nd whatever).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad