Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Start with Adam Fox @ 50%
then add Sheshy
then add 3x First rounders
then add Kreider as goodwill
then add Lafreneiere for fun

now Oilers will answer your call to begin to listen

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
then add Sheshy

He's worth that and more, except if he 1)requests a trade and 2)his NMC kicks in.

Reactions: KlefDown

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I feel like a trade for McDavid is the kind of trade that costs so much it makes both teams worse off.

Also the original package is bad. I’d imagine any trade for McDavid starts with Fox.

Fox
Shesty
Chytil
Schneider
Laf
A boatload of picks and prospects.

As an Oiler fan, that's too much.

Fox (though he'd never report I'm guessing) + Shesty is a great start. Add three firsts or Oil brass picks 3 from your prospects and that's probably a deal.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
The banter is fun. Oil fans can demand that the asking price starts with Shesterkin and Fox. I understand why they would say that, but realistically, what team could offer a package with Shesterkin/Fox-like objects?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The banter is fun. Oil fans can demand that the asking price starts with Shesterkin and Fox. I understand why they would say that, but realistically, what team could offer a package with Shesterkin/Fox-like objects?
The response to that is, if not, what benefit do the Oilers gain by trading him? Does not seem like there is any, which is why no trade will happen.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Tell me about that time, a disgruntled star player, asked for a trade, and it never happened?

I did not say that it never happend, I did say that the team can have patience and not give him away for the only crap offer they get. And there are cases of stars which sat out for months until the team traded them.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The response to that is, if not, what benefit do the Oilers gain by trading him? Does not seem like there is any, which is why no trade will happen.

From what I hear it is because he will ask out, his trade list will be 1 team only and the Oilers have to take whatever what the other team offers.... Maybe we will be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him...

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
This gets said every time and every time that guy gets traded. We literally just saw this.

Which McD caliber player was just traded for spare parts?

It is one thing to trade a star player for scraps, it is another to trade a McD for scraps. I do not think any GM would want to be the one to trade McD.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I did not say that it never happend, I did say that the team can have patience and not give him away for the only crap offer they get. And there are cases of stars which sat out for months until the team traded them.

Is it months, or four years now?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
He's worth that and more, except if he 1)requests a trade and 2)his NMC kicks in.

Even if that would be the case, why would it matter? His NMC only clicks in next season, we are talking about trades now now in 1-2-3-4 years.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
From what I hear it is because he will ask out, his trade list will be 1 team only and the Oilers have to take whatever what the other team offers.... Maybe we will be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him...
Well there is really nothing to believe that scenario will ever happen. I have not seen any source claim McDavid will ask to be traded so it sounds like a lot of wishful thinking.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Dallas
Florida
Boston
Detroit
Flyers
Canucks

I'm not saying all of these teams have a Norris winner and current Vezina runner on them, but they all have very good players in both positions that could be somewhat close enough to start a package. Obviously they're more future oriented, but I think the sentiment is close. I might be seriously overrating some of the young goalies around the league though. Fox/Shesty are definitely the most win now, in their primes, to be listed so far.

I should add that I'm in no way advocating or trying to propose a McDavid trade. Just that I think there are other teams that could put together pieces that are similar.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
As an Oiler fan, that's too much.

Fox (though he'd never report I'm guessing) + Shesty is a great start. Add three firsts or Oil brass picks 3 from your prospects and that's probably a deal.

Who is that good for? Drai > Panarin and McDavid + Drai can't do jack shit . What the hell can Panarin and McDavid do together?

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Which McD caliber player was just traded for spare parts?

It is one thing to trade a star player for scraps, it is another to trade a McD for scraps. I do not think any GM would want to be the one to trade McD.

And who was ever traded for an that much? Which organization fixed all their failures with one trade?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Is it months, or four years now?

As long as it takes...

You are presentig me with a very unreasonable scenario, and ask for similar situations. Correct me if I am wrong: you think that

• McD is going to ask out
  • He is going to use his NMC to limit his potential acquiring teams to 2 or 3. Or is it one?
  • All those teams will only offer spare parts (which makes no sense if there are more than one team on his list)
  • Implicit assumption: McD will threaten to sit out for the next 4 years if not traded (or is he still going to play, to somehow force the Oilers hand to trade him?)
  • Somehow the Oilers will simply trade him as fast as they can, who cares what the return is.
Did I leave anything out?

If he does not sit out, the Oilers have absolutely no reason to rush trading him. And if he sits out and only gives 1 team as potential trade partner, after few months he will likely become more flexible, they will not play chicken for 4 years for a very simple reason: if all they can get is spare parts, the Oilers have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting, while McD has a lot.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Well there is really nothing to believe that scenario will ever happen. I have not seen any source claim McDavid will ask to be traded so it sounds like a lot of wishful thinking.

Sarcasm sometimes comes out on internet ;) That's what fans of other teams are implying.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I just can't imagine a world where the Oilers brass decides that they can't win with the best player in the world. If you can't win with him, why can you win without him? Just would never happen outside of McDavid literally saying he will never play another game for them again.
Hockey is a team game.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
As long as it takes...

You are presentig me with a very unreasonable scenario, and ask for similar situations. Correct me if I am wrong: you think that

• McD is going to ask out
  • He is going to use his NMC to limit his potential acquiring teams to 2 or 3. Or is it one?
  • All those teams will only offer spare parts (which makes no sense if there are more than one team on his list)
  • Implicit assumption: McD will threaten to sit out for the next 4 years if not traded (or is he still going to play, to somehow force the Oilers hand to trade him?)
  • Somehow the Oilers will simply trade him as fast as they can, who cares what the return is.
Did I leave anything out?

If he does not sit out, the Oilers have absolutely no reason to rush trading him. And if he sits out and only gives 1 team as potential trade partner, after few months he will likely become more flexible, they will not play chicken for 4 years for a very simple reason: if all they can get is spare parts, the Oilers have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting, while McD has a lot.

McDavid is 25 now, not some prospect with time on his side. 7 years in and the team aren't in any better of a position than when he was drafted. What confidence or trust has the organization shown McDavid that they're ever going to figure this out? Hypothetically, if he asks for a trade why in God's name would EDM have any interest in keeping a player chewing up 12.5m in then dead cap space who doesn't want to be there? I mean I guess it is Oilers management after all.

I'm not seeing anyone saying McDavid will be traded ASAP at whatever return or for spare parts so I'm not sure why you keep beating that drum. I don't know if he asks for a move, but if he does, you're surely not getting the world for him, but you aren't getting spare parts either. 1st round picks, a centre, top prospect or two will be the basis and go from there. It mainly depends on whether EDM would entertain a rebuild or prefer a retool on the fly.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
then add Sheshy

Oilers will begin to listen to what? The static on the other end of the line? Guess they didn't hear the click when the Rangers hung up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad